Seven

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo goes through a spectrum of emotions when he receives your message early in the morning.


Nervous at first, thinking that he's blown his cover, you've found out he's actually a guy and now texting to tell him you hate him and he's never going to see you again.

Then genuine surprise, to see it's a movie invitation five days from now.

Exhilaration, that you asked him out for a date (though it's with another two people, one of them he remembers, being too tall for his own good).

Then disappointment, because technically speaking, you are really asking his alter ego (why did he even accept that ridiculous proposition in the first place he'll never quite comprehend).


Finally, panic hits him.

He's going to have to go as Kyung Soo- Jin.

Again.


A sense of dread washes over him because he doesn't really want to be another person whenever he meets you.

But then again, he recalls you have a vendetta against guys and to see you again, that means he can't be one, right?


He gives a loud sigh before he hears an annoying voice.


"Hyung..."

He groans and mutters something into his pillow about "there's really no privacy in dorms, why can't I even wallow in my misery in peace" and still doesn't look up when Kai settles himself comfortably beside him on the edge of the bed.


"I'm hungry, hyung..."


"And what has that got to do with me?" He pries himself from the fluffy cushion and answers, straight-faced.

"Because your cooking is the only one edible in this house and you're already awake." The younger urges.


"You can just order jajyangmyeon." The elder is unyielding.

"I've got no money."

"Then go and sell your soul or something, I'm pretty sure you've already done that deal with the devil plenty a times."

"Aw... Hyung, with this much energy, I'm sure you'll be whipping up a delicious bowl of ramen in no time."


"The only thing that I'll be whipping now is your if you don't get out of my room."

"Come on, it was a really bad night for me yesterday so shouldn't you be more sympathetic to your poor dongsaeng?"

The younger tugs on the sleeve of Kyungsoo's t-shirt.


"Considering it was totally your fault in the first place, why should I be?"

"I didn't do anything! The crazy girl just lashed out at me before I could even say a word! She tried to kill me, hyung!"


Kai clutches his own neck dramatically in demonstration.

"Evidently she didn't try hard enough." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

"Aw... All touché today are we? What happened last night? And why are you clutching your handphone, woo-- "


Kyungsoo tries to grab his phone back but the Teleporter has already shifted to the other end of the room.

"Hey! Give me back my phone and it's unfair to use your powers in this house!"


"Movie this Saturday at 5 pm... " Kai is reading off the text message and the elder is ready to use his Super Strength to crush his room mate to death. "Woah hyung! You have a date?"

Kyungsoo opts to Shapeshift into a panther instead and leaps right onto the chest of the Teleporter, snarling and grabbing the phone back with his razor sharp teeth before morphing back into a human.

"Who is the one who said it's unfair to use powers in the house?!" Kai pouts, clearly unhappy with the loss in superiority.


"That's because you started it first." The elder huffs.

"But really, who is the lucky girl?" The Teleporter shifts and plops back beside his dorm mate.


"It's... Nothing, ok." Kyungsoo furrows his brow.

"Hyung, you know you are really bad at hiding your feelings right? You've got exclamations and letters written all over your face and right now it's in CAPS, extra bold and underlined 'I've got a huge problem' and who better than your best friend to share all your woes with eh?" The younger lifts his eyebrows.

"Firstly, you are not my friend, you are an enemy living under the same roof and one day I'll probably morph into a lion and maul you to death in your sleep and then feed your remains to actual lions and secondly, even if I've got a problem, the last person I'll share it with is you."


"I'm sure you are the type that pounces on innocent people when they are asleep and! You do have a problem." Kai taps a finger smugly on his chin.

Kyungsoo just gives the boy an irritated "tsk".


"Listen, anyone who can get our Mr Do Kyungsoo, who doesn't fancy girls because he thinks they are troublesome revved up like that is a major thing, she must be super nerdy, because you only like the intelligent and nerdy ones, or someone kidnapped my best friend last night, because the one sitting here right now is actually interested in going out for a date?"

"It's neither, if it fancies you." Kyungsoo sighs. "There's other people going too so it's not actually a date. She is rather intelligent though... Attractive, in a way, especially when she smiles... it's like when she does... I want to see it again and again."

"Oh gosh, you are in love." Kai gasps.

"What? I wouldn't call it that but, yeah... I'm attracted... It's just that, there's a problem."


"What? That you are a nerd and she's not?"

Kyungsoo ignores his friend's snarky comment.


"She thinks that I'm a girl."


"What? I know you can get pretty motherly and bossy and have mood swings b-- "

"No, it's not like that. Yesterday you and Sehun told me to help chat up that girl and she is friends with them. So we sort of went out for a walk whilst I was still in my girl form and she never questioned whether I'm a guy even when I told her my power is Shapeshifting. I guess it didn't occur to her."



"So, she thought you are a girl and asked you out on a date?"

"Are you even listening at all? Geez... It's not a date, there's two other friends coming and they just had extra tickets. She is just being nice and asking me out as a friend."


"And, why is this a problem?"

"Because... I don't want her to think of me as a g-- , aish, forget it." The elder gives up, exasperated.


"So, can you cook me some food now?" The younger asks hopefully.

"I hope there's extra eggs in the fridge so I can crack one over your head."

The elder sighs again and makes to walk off.


"Well Hyung, just remember no matter what, you are a good guy and I think she will see that."

The younger nods resolutely to himself.

Kyungsoo gives him a heartening smile and remembers why they are best friends after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________

a/n: ok, this chp is supposed to be longer cos i wanna get on with the story faster but i'm brain dead and it's already 2:30 am so i'll update again ok? thanks for the subscriptions! and i hope u enjoy the story so far!