Thirty Five

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

"I don't get it. Since you already know Soo Jin is a guy and you don't have to struggle anymore with your ual tendencies, and he obviously likes you and you like him back, why are you still avoiding him?"

Amber asks incredulously as she bites into her chicken sandwich.


"Do we really have to do this now?" You groan, picking at your egg and toast breakfast. "I have an intense battle at like three hours from now and I really would prefer to keep my concentration on that, thank you very much."

"It's not like you are doing a very good job on focusing, you keep looking at your phone." She gives a click of disapproval. "Did Kyungsoo text you today?"


You sigh.

"Not yet."


"So that's why you are feeling out of sorts now, huh?" She giggles between mouthfuls.

"He probably doesn't want to distract me." You mull. Amber is right, you are in fact, finding it hard to focus on the task at hand.


"Do you want him to come? I'll just text him and let him k-- "

"No, no. I..." You bite at your lower lips.


"You're not still mad at him, are you?" She eyes you doubtfully.

"No... It's not that. It's just... " You exhale heavily. "If I see him, I'll probably break and fall in love and... I've... never fallen in love before and this... It scares me. It's like I'm putting my heart in another person's hand and all it takes is a toss for him to lift me or hurt me. And I don't think I can deal with that kind of hurt."

"Sometimes you have to take chances, ____________ " Amber reasons.

"I don't believe in chances. I'm not gonna do something I'm not sure of." You reply adamantly.


"Then what? If you don't give it a try, how do you know if the two of you will work out?"




You have no answer to that.


_____________


The sky is bright and cloudless at 10 am, the outdoor stadium buzzing with anticipation and residue energy from Supers and Mutants that has gathered.


It's a fairly nerve-wrecking event because following the infamous basketball match with EXO, this is the next closest thing to a duel between two prestigious institutions, and the reputation of each at stake.



You feel the burden on your tightening shoulders, taking a deep breath and shaking your arms as you approach the middle of the field, soft grass mossy and yielding under your footsteps heavy with dread.


The grim-faced Chinese male takes position a good 12 yards from you, shoulders drawn back in dignity and pride, his silver tunic gleaming like an armor under the sun.

The camera used to record the entire duel (to be sent over to Tao's institution), is situated a distance away, the sleek black body the only other shining thing in the light.



Dr Song ambles toward the field between the two of you.

"As briefed from before, this battle requires Projection Psionic. For us to capture the exchange visually on camera, throw your senses out into a Psionic weapon. The weapon is up to you to choose. You have 20 minutes. Primary skills can be utilized. Good luck."

The last sentence is directed at you.

You nod and acknowledge as she walks away.


"I'm glad we meet again, __________ sshii." Tao speaks up, tone disturbingly cold and condescending. "It wasn't really fair the last time, you have your cute little boyfriend to help you. Today, we'll see what you've got."

He closes his eyes and you feel the senses emitting from him. Suddenly, there's a huge cry from above and you snap your head up to see a beautiful gold phoenix soaring in the sky, elegant and magnificent.



The battle begins.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________

 

a short chapter cos I haven't had the battle scene down pat yet, but i didn't want you to wait too long so i'm releasing the first half, pre-battle chp, :)