Nineteen

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

But I'll never hurt you.

Kyungsoo sighs inwardly.


He feels like telling you who he really is, but worries how you'll react, especially now after hearing your scarring experience.

You notice his silence and laughs airily.


"Am I boring you with my life story? Sorry... You can tell me yours. I promise I'll stay awake like you did for me."


"No, no... I just think you are really strong and I'm glad you are ok now."


You nod.

"Thanks. Well, we're here."

He looks up to see you've reached the dorm building.


"Y-Yeah." He releases your shoulder reluctantly as you round to face him, the immediate loss of warmth making him a little disappointed.


"Well, it's been quite a night." You breathe.

"Yeah, quite some night." Kyungsoo echos quietly as he shuffles his feet, not wanting the night to end.

"Thank you... For everything." You say earnestly.


And he sees that raw emotion in your eyes again. The one that he saw before you slip into repose.

The soft glow emanating from the lobby is reflecting off your lovely face. As if enchanted, he takes a step towards you.


He raises one hand and runs his fingers lightly across your cheek, watching your eyes flutter close under his touch.

In a spur of moment, he leans in.


_______________________



You watch as Kyungsoo raises one hand and runs his fingers lightly across your cheek.

Your skin tingles under the feathered touch and as if enchanted, you close your eyes.


And then you feel it.

A warm flutter. And it's getting closer.




Your eyes snap open at the sight of him only inches away from you.


You gasp.

Kyungsoo jerks away at your reaction and you see the shock in his eyes.


Was he... going to kiss you?




"Erm... I think I better get going." He states plainly and you thought you must have imagined it just now.


"Yeah... Sure. I'll see you around?" You reply, trying to sound as natural as possible.


"Yeah. I'll... Call you." He nods as you turn and make your way towards the lobby, your heart thumping so loudly his "Goodnight" is barely audible to you.


________________



"Goodnight."

Kyungsoo waits to see you disappear between the clear glass doors before he promptly buries his face in both hands, cursing at himself.


Do Kyungsoo you are such an idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

On one hand he is upset at having behaved so recklessly. On the other hand, he wonders what if he had been successful?


He berates himself again for entertaining such useless ideas and heads home.


That night, he dreams of grazing touches and the feel of your lips on his as he kisses you.


_______________


You must be dreaming, you thought as you toss in your bed for the umpteenth time that night.


Why would Soo Jin, or Kyungsoo for that matter, want to kiss you?

But he had been so close.

Was he trying to blow some stray hair away from your face then?


That must be it.

He was brushing your cheek before that.

There must have been some things clinging onto your grubby face (the two of you had been in a battle after all) that made him do it.


But somehow you can't quite convince yourself that's it.

You groan and glance at the clock beside the bed.


12:25 am.

Well, someone sure is late tonight.


You hear the door crack open.

Then lights flood the hallway as you hear Amber shuffling around the house.


"Wow, you are sleeping already? That's a first for our night owl." She whistles as she steps into the bedroom.

"How's your date?" You sit up, tired at pretending sleep.


You see her blushing.

"It's nice. After the movie, we had dinner and we talked..."

She starts giggling.

"Wait. Something happened between you and Kris, isn't it? Let it out."

You rock her shoulders.


"He gave me a goodnight kiss." She blurts and buries her face in embarrassment.

"What?!" You shriek. "You two kissed!???"

You shake her wildly and after five full seconds of screeching at each other, she uncovers her face.


"Well, to be specific, he did. On the forehead, I didn't do anything."

"Still!!!" You give her another good shake.

"I know... I'm just so... Urgh... right now I can't even think straight. Distract me. Tell me about your night."



"It's... eventful." You mull.

"With Soo-Jin? I wouldn't guess." Amber rubs a finger on her chin thoughtfully.

"Well..."


And you tell her all about the dinner, games and the fight with Tao, but deliberately left out the "almost-kiss" part.

"Wow, I'm sure Principal Lee will have something to say about Tao's stepping out of the line, we're not even allowed to show our powers in the Humans zone, let alone fight there. Are you hurt anywhere?"

She examines you for bruises.

"No. But I'm pretty sure Tao's butthurt right now."


"I'd say. And Soo Jin sounds real cool. I wonder how she looks like as a guy. It's just too bad she isn't one though." Amber winks at you knowingly. "You could really use some guys in your life."


Normally you'll glare at her and come up with some sarcastic remark, but maybe you're just too overwhelmed by the incidents that night, so you only mutter,

"Perhaps."