Thirty one

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

Training with Dr Song is tough when you are in agreeable condition.

Training with Dr Song is hell when you are in a terrible condition.

And for the past few days, you've been going through hell.



Panting from exhaustion, you collapse to the ground, kneeling on the rough asphalt of the running track.


"And just when I thought you've mastered Augmentation, _________ sshii." Her voice is stern and steely.

You look up to see her classic frown.


"One more time."


You groan.

_______________


Kyungsoo is sweeping the rubble off the field late afternoon when his room mate appears in a swirl of smoke.


"Hyung."

The elder doesn't speak and continues sweeping.


"Hyung, you need to get off this." Kai grabs his hand and the broom stills.

"Maybe you need to get off me." The elder shakes his hand off and resumes the cleaning.


"You've destroyed the entire stadium this time." The younger huffs a breath through his fringe, surveying the damage. "The Restorers will have a flip."



The elder is especially destructive when he's upset.

And quiet.

And now as Kai eyes him, he's absolutely silent.


"Come with me."

The younger grips him firmly by the arm and drags him along.

"What are you doing?"


Kyungsoo wields his power and the hold is promptly broken.

The younger wheels to eye him.


"Today is Thursday. You've been moping for a grand total of six days. And I think I've just about had enough." He grabs his hand again. "We're going to Jongdae's farewell party."

"Wait, who is Jongdae?" The elder flings his arm again.


"He's Sehun's friend. They are holding a farewell party for him because he's going for a foreign exchange program. And you need to loosen up. Plus..." He holds him gently by the shoulder. "Occupy yourself with something else other than her."

This hits home because the Teleporter sees him stiffening up.


Suddenly he is looking at anywhere but the younger's eyes.

"How do you even know? I didn't say anything." He mutters lowly.



Kai sighs.

"Hyung, you don't have to tell me anything, but I can guess."


"I'm really bad when it comes to hiding feelings huh?" The elder chuckles humorlessly. "But the one person I couldn't hide it from is the one person who doesn't feel it."

Kai lowers his head and doesn't say anything.


After an agonizing minute of silence, the elder speaks up.

"I think you're right. Maybe I should do something else to occupy my mind. Just... Let me finish up here and I'll go with you."


The Teleporter sits at the grandstand watching the elder work, the rustling of the broom the only sound echoing in the empty stadium.


______________



"You look terrible. Are you sure you wanna go? I can... You know, tell Minseok..." Amber begins.


"Nah," You whirl from the closet to face her, forcing a smile. "I can do this. Besides, I promised Chanyeol."


"Oh. How are things between you and the big guy?"

You give a dim smile.


"He's still only a friend, Amber. Nothing more."


"Did she... contact you?"

You don't have to ask to know who Amber is talking about.


"No. She must be busy."

You turn back to face the closet, pretending to pick out clothes, but your thought is already zooming back to the Shapeshifter.


"I see... I'll go get ready too."

You hear her amble into the bathroom.


Your fingers are trembling slightly when you pull out a white blouse from the closet.

This is the top that you wore when Kyungsoo first held your hand.


You remember the shyness, the soothing warmth. Everything is so vivid and his touch still lingers in your palm when you think about it.


You miss him.


Memories of him pop up in almost every corner, in everyday stuff. When you walk down the hallway, you remember his eyes folded into crescent moons when he meets you. In the midst of laughing with friends, you remember his awkward pitching at the end of a guffaw, his mouth curling into a pretty heart shape. Even when you are talking to Chanyeol, the deep timbre of the giant's voice reminds you of Kyungsoo's more melodic one. Though both goes low, but Kyungsoo sounds like he's almost singing, sincere and raspy at times.

And you remember the song he sang to you at the restaurant, the way he holds you after Tao's attack, during kissing...



Sometimes you catch yourself staring off into open space, quietly uttering a "I miss you" to the wind.


It's not like you are expecting an answer.

But you wish there is one.



_________________


The EXO's clubhouse is pounding with dance music when Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun arrives. It's not loud enough to disturb the entire neighborhood, but boisterous enough to render a headache.


The Shapeshifter promptly rubs his temples ten minutes into the venue.

There's a small stage in front with the deejay, several high tables lining the walls of the entire clubhouse and a bar counter flushed at the side.

There's no chairs.



"Why is there so many people?!" He has to shout at his room mate.


"Because it's a farewell party for two! Jongdae and his friend! They are going to China together for the exchange program!" The Teleporter yells back.

"I see Jongdae!" The youngest leans into Kai's ear. "I'm bringing him over!"


The Teleporter waves him off in consent and pulls the elder to one of the tables.


_______________


"How many people are there in here?! And why are we at EXO's clubhouse?!" You yell over the loud, throbbing music.

"Near 100?! There's two people going for the exchange program! And I dunno! I'll ask Kris!" Amber hollers back.


She spots her other team mate first (He's really not all that hard to miss, with his crazy hair and advantageous height) in the distance and walks to him, with you following closely behind.


"Yeol!"

The two exchange high-fives and the giant waves both hands at you excitedly. You just smile back.


"Why is Minseok's farewell party held here?!" Amber asks, grabbing him close to yell the question.

"Because Minseok's friend is from EXO! The two of them are going to China together!"

Amber rubs her ears because Chanyeol doesn't need to shout to make himself heard over the din. He's a loudspeaker in his own right.


You are getting nervous, because if his friend is from EXO institution, does it mean... He will be here?



in a breath, you dare yourself to scan the surroundings.


It takes a while, because he is, as usual, making himself as inconspicious as possible. But you'll recognize that set of round eyes anywhere.


And you think maybe someone did answer your little longing for the Shapeshifter.

Because standing just shy of ten meters away from you, wearing a white jersey tee with black 3/4 sleeve and jeans, is the person you've been pining for days.



Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________

 

btw, this is what i visioned kyungsoo to be wearing... this boy is drool-worthy even in casual clothes