Eleven

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

"___________ ah, are you ok?"

You rouse from your slumber and hears Amber's concerned voice. Humming in response, you open your eyes, feeling the swollen lids stretching, the skin tight and sensitive from all the crying yesterday.

Fortunately it's Friday, which means after 3 pm after school today, you won't need to see anybody else.


"You look tired, are you still up for movie later at 5?"

Of course!

You mentally face palm yourself.

There's the blasted movie today that you've spent the entire week looking forward to. Or rather, it's the idea of meeting Soo-Jin again that fills you with sweet expectation.

And then that stupid Tao has to go ruin it all for you.


"Urgh! Why does it have to be on the day when I'm looking like this?"

You groan and bury your head in your hands.


"You don't have to go if you don't want to."

Amber reassures kindly by patting your shoulder.


At that moment, your phone beeps from an incoming message. You reach over the night stand and reads.


From: Soo-Jin
So I'll see you later at the entrance of Edeon Movie Theatre?



You smile faintly and pats Amber back on her hand.

"I'm alright. Soo-Jin's coming with us."


__________________



"Whoa, Hyung! Looking fantastic!"

The Teleporter appears beside the unsuspecting elder, earning him a swift frown and a curt, "Don't you know how to knock?" before he returns to checking himself in the mirror for the fifth time that morning.


Kyungsoo had settled for a light blue button up and white pants after three sets of changes. Even so, he isn't quite satisfied, fidgeting relentlessly with two particular strands poking out from his short dark hair.

"Wooh... All dressed up for the occassion I see. Need any help?"

The younger folds his arms as he scrutinizes the amusing scene before him.


"No."

The elder snorts and finally gives up on the stubborn tendrils, busying himself with his sleeves instead.

"I don't understand, hyung. It's not like you are going to meet her like that. Aren't you going as a girl?"


Kyungsoo sighs in exasperation before turning to face his room mate.

"Yes, but just in case I get to return to my original state, I have to look decent, at least?"


A melodic beep emits and Kyungsoo crosses to the table in one stride, picking up his phone and beaming when he sees the message.


From: _________

Yes. Looking forward to see you!
I miss you! ^^




"Awww... "


Kyungsoo yelps at the unwelcome intrusion next to his ear and smacks the Teleporter on the forehead.

"Ouch! Hyung..."

"Don't be an ."

The elder retorts as he stuffs his phone in the pocket.


"Hey, I'm not the one here lying to an innocent girl." The younger grins.

"I won't... I'll find a chance to tell her." Kyungsoo glances up at him. "Today."


________________


"You can help with my headache by not pacing up and down like that, Amber."

You gripe, eyeing your best friend with arms crossed and leaning against the wall of the cinema's entrance.


She doesn't pause but lets out an anxious, "I know, I know... It's my way of relieving stress ok."

You peer at your watch.

The two of you had arrived an hour earlier than the stipulated time and it's still another 20 minutes before 5 pm.


You tap your foot impatiently and fishes out your phone, ready to type out a message to Soo-Jin telling her you are bored to death and when are you coming?

Before you can do that though, a familiar figure appears in the distance.


You recognize that set of doe eyes from afar.

"Soo-Jin!"

You wave your hand frantically and after a second, she spots you and waves back.


She is wearing a light blue blouse with white pants, her long black hair untied and tossing in the wind as she jogs toward you, eyes squeezed into crescent moons and lips tugged into a heart-shaped smile.

For some unknown reason, something twitch at your insides and you close the gap by running to her, arms open and then pulling her into an embrace.


You feel her stiffen at the contact.

"Sorry!" You exclaim as you release her abruptly. "Did I hurt you?"


"Ah! No, no you didn't."

She shakes her head and smiles shyly.


You nod in relief.

"It's just that I haven't seen you for a while and I miss you. Do you miss me too?"

Her pretty round eyes widen and she nods earnestly after a beat.


"Hey Soo!"

Amber acknowledges her with a wave.

"Glad you can join us! ____________ isn't feeling too well today, so you gotta help me take care of her!"



Soo Jin's brows knit in confusion. "You aren't feeling well?"

"Aish, don't listen to her, there's nothing wrong with me!" You nudge and throw an arm around Amber. "The only thing wrong is this silly girl's inability to hold a decent conversation with her crush."


"Whose crush?"

A deep timbre voice interrupts and you feel Amber freezing up.


"Hi Kris!"

You twirl around to greet him, forcefully tugging at the now immobilized best friend to do the same.


"And who's that girl?"

Kris raises an eyebrow at Soo-Jin.


"Ah, she's my friend, Soo- Jin. Soo-Jin, Kris."

The two exchange greetings and Kris promptly continues.


"It's nice to see you join us, Soo Jin, so __________ has some company whilst I..." He smiles and gently takes Amber by her arm. "Take my date for her movie."


Your best friend's eyes turn wide as saucers as Kris leads her into the cinema.

You stare at their retreating backs for a good minute before finding your voice.


"That's... unexpected. I think that's our cue to leave them alone."

Turning to the confused Soo-Jin, you sigh.

"I guess that means no movie for us today."


She shrugs.

"We can always do something else."

You nod and grin.

"I guess it's just you and me then."


She simply breaks into a smile.