Twenty-Two

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

"Hey."

Kyungsoo sees your profound surprise and apologizes quickly.

"Sorry, I should have waited outside..." He begins.


"Ah.. No, it's ok, I was just about to go anyway and... " A look of awakening splashes across your face.

"Chanyeol." The mutter comes low and panicky. He hasn't had time to formulate a question before he's already dragged halfway across the hall, stopping abruptly when a freakishly tall boy with even more freakish hair stands in the doorway.


Kyungsoo wonders what is it about this school with all their absurdly tall people and insane good looks and worse still, they are always acquainted with you, because said boy is now grinning like a chimpanzee while calling your name as if an endearment.


"___________ sshii!" The blond haired male's gaze drops to your arm holding Kyungsoo's and the next words come out almost warily. "And this is...?"

"Kyung-Soo sshii." You pronounce the letters carefully, placing emphasis on the next few words. "My- boyfriend?"


Somehow Kyungsoo feels a flush of pride and mixed embarrassment at this proclamation even though he keeps reminding himself this is just for show.



"Ah, hello Kyungsoo sshii, my name is Chanyeol."

They exchange greetings with Chanyeol pumping Kyungsoo's hand energetically.



"It's nice to meet you finally, especially since for the one year that I've known _________ sshii, I've never heard her mention anything about having a boyfriend." The blonde haired male's tone is still bright but he senses the incredulity under it.

He decides to go for plain and simple honesty.

"Yeah, we've known each other just recently and I can only say I'm a very lucky man."

With that, Kyungsoo passes you a gratifying smile and he thinks he actually sees you blushing. The moment, however, is broken by a thigh slapping, loud cackling Chanyeol and Kyungsoo beholds the sight in bemusement, unsure whether to feel affronted. Turning to you, he's relieved to find he's not the only one left guessing the humor here.


"Chanyeol can be a bit... quirky in his jokes but... You'll get used to it." You nod seemingly sympathetically to him. "And it's nice to meet you Chanyeol but we gotta get going."

The motion is stilled once again when the blonde haired male quips excitedly, "Where are you guys going? Can I come with you?"


Kyungsoo sees the astonishment in your eyes, flicking up searchingly into his.

"We... haven't really decided... " You answer haltingly.


"We might... just be grabbing a bite at the mall." He offers helpfully.

"That's great! I'm hungry too! Let's go together!" The blonde haired male springs off first without waiting for a reply, leaving two dumbfounded people gaping at his exit.



Turning to each other, Kyungsoo finishes compassionately,

"I think I know what you mean when you say he's insistent."


He chuckles when he sees you rolling your eyes.

"Let's just go." You sigh, pulling at your bag strap before moving off.



Glancing at your back, long brown hair swaying in momentum with your fluid, graceful movements, it's almost by instinct that Kyungsoo reaches out for your hand.