Seventeen

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

"I thought if I didn't find you, I'll just go for a drink. Turns out it's a small town." Tao smiles, the one you are getting used to seeing it not quite reaching his eyes.

You don't respond, trying to keep your expression as impassive as possible.


How does he manage to look so sprightly after the exchange today? In your anger, the attack hasn't exactly been feeble.


"Ah..." Tao remarks with a slight lilt. "You must be wondering how come I'm looking perfectly fine after the battle?"

You bite your lip, but doesn't reply.

"I must say, your Healers are really something. Just half an hour, I'm as good as new. I can't say the same for your fighters though. Weak. Most of them. Maybe except for you. I've underestimated you, that's why I lost. But that will be rectified very soon." He smirks, taking a step forward.



You hear Kyungsoo approaching next to you and instinctively shields an arm over him.

"Ah... I see we've got company here. Your boyfriend? Is he a Super too?"

"That's none of your business." You hiss.

"Who are you?" Kyungsoo questions the other male, voice sounding remarkably calm and composed.


"Ah... Your girlfriend and I have some unfinished business. I guess you haven't told him?" He raises an eyebrow at you.

"Soo..." You lower your voice. "Just go. I'll handle him."

Kyungsoo shoots you a glance. In that split second, you notice an unidentifiable emotion in those eyes. Somehow, you feel safe in that impression.



"That's just too bad really. If you aren't attached, I'll probably consider taking you as my girlfriend. Just that... I'm more comfortable with my partner being less... overbearing. As the old saying goes, a woman without talent is virtuous." The young Chinese's lips curve up, but there's no hint of mirth.

"I'm surprised to hear that coming from you, considering the true meaning of that is for women to erect morals, not eject talents. Do they not teach you anything in school?" You counter.

There is a flicker in the opposite male's eyes. And then that sneer again.

"You surprise me again and again, ____________ sshii. Now let's see whether there's any surprises this time."



A sudden sharp pain slices through your head making you double over.

Dang! He's fast!

"__________ , are you alright?" You hear Kyungsoo gasping in concern beside you.

"I'm fine." You choke in reply.


"Seems like your boyfriend is getting a little jealous? Well, how can we leave him out of the fun right?"

Before you know it, Kyungsoo is giving a muffled grunt, one hand clasping his forehead.


"Kyungsoo!" You cry out as you see his face distort in agony.

"Ah... I see. He is a Super. Normal humans would have passed out from that blow." The Chinese muses. "I didn't expect to go up against two Supers. But oh well, I'm always excited with challenges."

You feel desperate panic welling up your insides and without a second thought, you shut your eyes and musters all your energy to depower the other, ignoring the throbbing headache that is threatening to split your brains into half.


There's a low whizzing in the air as you cast your attack. 


Shut.

It.

Down.



You heave.

An immediate relief from the severe pain makes you realize your Negation is successful.



You snap your eyes open and sees Tao staring at you in eerie silence.

Ignoring the sight, you wheel to face Kyungsoo and is glad to see him looking fine, albeit a little shocked.


"Is that your Power then?" You hear Tao speaking again, distinct malice in his voice.

"Not bad. Both your psionic and negation skills. But maybe, this will make you remember who is more powerful."


Before you can apprehend his words, you sense the familiar sensation in your mind again.



Silent scream.

Fear.

Please!

No...

Stop it!

No!

Mom!




You freeze, realizing you've just used most of your power in shutting down Tao's attack, you are now too weak to push him out of your consciousness.

 


Stop it.

You didn't know how much you are trembling until you feel arms grabbing yours, wobbling under the stabilisation.

 



"Make him stop."

Your voice comes out cracked.


You are crying.