Thirty Six

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

You react by projecting your consciousness into a scarlet phoenix, luminous and fiery as it weaves through the skies.


In retrospect, Projection Psionic is something you are unfamiliar with and Dr Song had spent most of her time this past week coaching you. It is far more exhausting than normal Psionic weaponry attacks because instead of crushing the opponent's consciousness directly, you have to project your power through a medium to deliver the blows.

The change is implemented not only for visual purposes, but also because it will speed up the energy saturation between both strong Psionics. Whereas in normal Psionic combat, it might take up to an hour for the two of you to tire out and start seeing conclusions.



Tao seemingly has the upper-hand in this technique because his golden phoenix is quickly launching an assault, slicing its wings as if a blade on yours, movements trained and swift.

You dodge the attack by swerving your phoenix abruptly to the left, tearing upwards and then rapidly dropping down, taking advantage of the gravity to swipe at the sides of the other.


The firebird barely misses the strike and flaps its wings to gain altitude. Mirroring your assault, it dips and comes at your side, a blinding flash of red and gold as the two phoenixes collide in a blaze of fire.

His phoenix goes down, spiraling quickly down three feet and then steadying itself again with a forceful thrash of its wings.


You buoy your trooper for a few seconds before swooping for another attack.


It goes on like this for another ten minutes, both phoenixes sharply attacking and defending, the splintering of scarlet and gold getting more and more frequent as the two of you feel your energy saturating. The air is running warmer with both the overheating senses and intensifying sunlight.


You are getting tired and from the way the other phoenix is faltering, you know Tao is exhausted too.


In one resolute attack, you swoop down on the other, honed claws girding on the back and then striking on its neck. The other firebird squawks and tries to extract itself but your grip on it is unrelenting. You concentrate on the offensive, determined to bring this to an end soon because you can feel the first signs of over-exhaustion creeping in.

Eventually, the struggle stops and you feel Tao's senses shifting.


The golden phoenix suddenly disappears and you desperately throw your senses to detect his next movement.


The beginning of another Projection surfaces and you hear it first.

A low snarl and then a blood-curdling howl.


You recede your Projection and drops your gaze to the source.



You freeze.


Because right in front of you, taking deliberate and ghostly footsteps, is the recurrent nightmare of your childhood.


The dark werewolf that took the life of your mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________

 

I'm really bad with action scenes so pls tell me this is ok? *twiddles thumbs*