Fourteen

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

You got to admit, it's just a tad distracting to sit just inches away from a guy like Soojin/Kyungsoo.


Firstly, you have never gone out alone with guys.

Secondly, although not overwhelmingly good-looking, Kyungsoo is nevertheless, rather attractive with his impressionable features.

It's making you a little nervous and he must have noticed, because he looks up from his spaghetti and asks, concerned, "Why do you keep staring at me? Is there... Something wrong?"


You are slightly flustered with the question and distracts yourself with a piece of mushroom in your carbonara.

It's only Soo Jin, you idiot.

"N-No... I'm just... Thinking about the contest later."

"Oh, about that. Don't worry, I'll be doing the challenge, you won't have to do a thing." He gives an assuring smile.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'll be doing it together with you." You chide a little, looking up from your plate.


As if on cue, the waiter that told you two about the contest just now materializes beside Kyungsoo.

"We'll be starting the game soon, when you are done with your meal?" He gives a bright grin.

You squint at his name tag. "Byun Baekhyun". You'll remember who to curse when the two of you end up washing dinner plates later.


"Sure." Kyungsoo nods amiably and you marvel at his quiet confidence.

Who is she, or he, actually?

__________________


Kyungsoo finishes up his spaghetti, all the while aware of the minute movements you are making across the table.

The way you stare at him curiously when you think he's not looking.

The way you flinch just barely noticeably when he reaches across the table for the pepper.


Do you know who he is?

He's a bunch of nerves inside and it doesn't help that you are looking so cute with a spot of cream at the side of your lips that he is now itching to wipe away with his own...


"What?"

He jumps at your question and finds, in horror, that his right hand is halfway across the table, about to touch that expanse of pretty skin near the edge of your lips.

"S-Sorry... " He wheezes and fumbles over his words. "Your... There's... Here..."

He gestures clumsily to make up for his incoherency and thinks you must be wondering what an idiot he is.


Maybe this is the time when he morphs himself into a mouse and squeaks out of the restaurant. Or maybe he'll just crack a huge hole right here in the ground with his Super Strength so he can bury himself and never come out.


Neither happens, because he sees that you understand his bungling movements and quickly wipes away the cream on your lips, a tinge of rose color appearing on your cheeks.


Right about then, he feels like someone has stolen his breath away and a stupid grin makes its way across his face.


"Don't laugh at me."

You frown. He thinks that makes you look even cuter.

"I'm not laughing at you."

"Then are you on your way to morphing into a sloth? Cos they have like permanent smiles on their faces."

"I didn't know you study the animal kingdom."

"I have to, since I'm potentially with one now."


Kyungsoo fixes his gaze on yours, slightly amused. You grin.


"I think you will get along just fine with Jongin." He gleams back.

"Who's Jongin?"

"He's my room-- "

Kyungsoo catches himself before he makes a mistake.


You are not Kyungsoo now, you idiot. You are Soo Jin. And girls don't room with guys...

"He's your what?"

You prod but the waiter is back in a flash.


"So, are you guys ready?"


"Yes!" Kyungsoo answers instantly and the question is forgotten as the two of you make your way to the front of the restaurant.