Jessica's Past

The Nine Princesses

Flashback~

Jessica was quite mature for her age. While her seven younger sisters played around, especially the younger ones, excluding the maknae, who was always too busy reading books, she sat around observing people. By doing this, she learnt at an early age that there hardly is a happily ever after without a few hardships. She learnt that not everyone’s life was like a fairytale, even if they were princesses like her.

It was a Saturday, and the King and Queen had brought all nine of their daughters to a party for the neighbouring country’s prince’s party. He was turning seven which made Sica a whole year older as she’s figured out in the carriage on the way over. The party was grand, o course, because the birthday boy was a Prince, not just any Prince, but a Prince of one of the richest countries. And it was because of this that there were so many people attending, important people from all over the world and their children. To not attend was an insult to the Royal family, and such a rich and powerful country could crush the others with a wave of their hands if they wanted to.

So here Jessica was, sitting out in the large garden where the rest of the children were while the maids of the palace watched over them whilst their parents talked politics inside. She was never really the one for socialising, her eight sisters was all she needed, but here she was, standing alone, while her sisters ran around playing with their new found friends.

Tiffany, being the popular girl she was, was surrounded by a large group of girls as she rattled on about the new toy her parents had bought her. Seohyun was reading in the shade while Sunny laid her head on her lap and slept, she’d tired herself out with an aegyo battle she had a few minutes ago. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had joined in a game of soccer and Yoona was going around annoying everyone with her baby voice. Sica shook her head, that girl hardly ever made friends, and always hung around her unnies, and now Sica could see why. Yuri had pulled a prank on a boy, and he was now telling her off. Taeyeon, on the other hand, being the perfect daughter she was, was making friends with all the other Princesses and Princes to help benefit their country.

‘Feeling lonely?’ a voice whispered in Sica’s ear.
Sica jumped and turned around, narrowing her eyes at the boy standing behind her.
‘Who are you?’ she asked.
‘I’m Kim Jonghyun!’ he smiled.
‘Oh… the birthday boy…’ she murmured to herself, ‘well, Happy Birthday.’
‘Thank you, Jessica,’ the boy grinned.
‘How’d you know my name?’ she exclaimed.
‘Who doesn’t know the famous nine daughters of King Soo Man?’ Jjong replied.
‘Oh…’
‘So, did your sisters ditch you?’ Jonghyun asked.
‘No, they just made friends and I don’t like speaking to people less intelligent than me.’
‘Well, that doesn’t sound very nice! They aren’t all that dumb.’
‘Hmph, then why is that idiot yelling at my sister, Yuri?’
‘First off, that idiot just so happens to be my close cousin, and also, he is called Minho, not idiot. Lastly, if I recall, she played a prank on his little brother Taemin, who we all care a lot about. She’s lucky it’s not Key that’s yelling at her,’ Jonghyun corrected.
‘Well, I think I should go stop this,’ Sica said with such authority that did not seem to belong to an eight year old.

‘Also, it’s very rude to pick on someone younger than you!’ Minho continued to scold Yuri.
Yuri pouted and turned to Sica who was walking towards them, Jonghyun following along.
‘What do you think you’re doing, yelling at my sister?’ she told Minho off and Yuri ran behind her to hide, sticking her tongue out at Minho.
‘Because she played a prank on my brother!! He gets bullied enough! He doesn’t need to be bullied more, she’s lucky she’s a girl!’
‘She only played a prank, it’s what she does,’ Sica insisted.
‘Pfft, but she made him cry!’
‘Yuri!’ Sica turned to look at the younger girl.
‘What? It was only a whoopee cushion!’
‘Oh, well, how the heck did that make him cry?!’ Sica yelled.
‘He’s sensitive okay?’
‘It’s not even half as bad as the pranks she plays at home!’ Sica scolded.
‘Fine~’

‘Pfft,’ Jonghyun scoffed.
‘What?’ Sica snapped.
‘No, it’s just that Minho is usually more angry than this when Taemin cries, even if it’s a girl, although he doesn’t hit them. I guess he must really think she’s pretty,’ Jonghyun laughed.
‘Hyung!’ Minho yelled as Yuri blushed.
‘What? It was only the truth…’
‘Way to ruin my chances…’ Minho mumbled.
‘Arasso, arasso, you two go play nicely over there, okay?’ Sica nudged them off.
‘Okay!’

‘Wow, you sure handled that well,’ Jonghyun smiled at her.
‘Mmm…’ Sica replied awkwardly.
‘Well, seeing as I’m the birthday boy, and you’re lonely, can we play together today?’
‘Sure…’
‘Yay!’ Jonghyun cheered.
‘Wait… let me go stop Yoona first…’ she muttered while chasing Yoona who was annoying Key and chasing him around.
‘Wait for me…’

By the end of the night, Jonghyun and Jessica had become very close and Jessica smiled happily as she sang Happy Birthday to Jonghyun along with everyone else.
‘Don’t cut to the bottom, or else you’ll have to kiss the closest girl~’ Onew cried, disgusted.
‘Ewww~’ Yoona and Hyoyeon cried.
‘Sica unnie!! Move away!’ Seohyun told her older sister.
‘Naww… I won’t cut to the bottom, Se Kyung isn’t here, ya know?’ Jonghyun smiled.
‘Se Kyung?’ Sica furrowed her eyebrows, confused.
‘I am here!’ a voice came from the doorway.
The crowd parted and there stood a girl with straight black hair and pale skin, like a porcelain.
‘Se Kyung!’ Jonghyun yelled.
‘Jjong!!!’
‘Okay, I am so cutting to the bottom,’ Jonghyun smiled while he cut.
‘Hyung!! You’re only 7!!’
‘I don’t care!! I already found my future wife!’ Jonghyun said and kissed Se Kyung on the cheek.
Se Kyung giggled at the boy and handed him his present.
‘Aww~ Thanks!!’

For the rest of the night, Jonghyun forgot about Sica, and broke her heart. Yes, she was very mature for her age, but that also meant the was very vulnerable. She’d fallen in love, but had it snatched away from her. From that day on, she vowed never to trust anyone other than her sisters, never. Her sisters, Jonghyun, and all the other children may have forgotten about that day, but for Sica, it was the most heartbreaking moment of her life, and she’d never forget.

End Flashback~

‘Sica~ You there?’ Jonghyun waved his hand in front of her face.
‘Yeah… I was just zoning out,’ Sica whispered.
‘Hey, are you okay? You seem unwell,’ Jonghyun asked worriedly.
‘I’m just tired… I’m going to sleep. You can sleep on the bed or the couch, as long as your girlfriend doesn’t get angry at me,’ Sica muttered coldly.
‘What girlfriend? I don’t have one!’ Jonghyun said exasperated.
‘Mmm…’

‘Alright, baby,’ Minho said as he crawled onto the bed next to her, ‘oh, and as for my answer to your confession…’
Yuri blushed and cowered under the blankets.
‘Yah, what are you doing under here?’ Minho asked as he joined her while his head under the blankets.
‘Nothing…’
‘Okay, then want to hear my answer to your confession or not?’
‘Not really…’
‘Yul~’ Minho whined.
‘What?’
‘Listen to me~’
‘No, I don’t want to hear it. Getting rejected hurts, and I’m not ready for it just yet,’ she said quickly, turning her back to him.
He hugged her from behind, ‘who said you were getting rejected?’
‘Bwoh?!’
‘I love you Kwon Yuri,’ Minho kissed the back of her neck, and settled down to sleep, while Yuri’s heart beat furiously and making her too excited to sleep.

‘Yah!’ Hyoyeon hissed into the dark.
‘What?’ Yoona hissed back.
‘Let’s go see what Yuri and Sooyoung are doing.’
‘But they’re with their fiancées! We can’t interrupt!’
‘It’s not like they’re going to be doing anything. Come on!’

 

(a/n): aww... poor little sica!!! more drama will be introduced, and as for other couples like woofany, they will be in future chaps after these couples are sorted. :) what do you think of the chap??

comment and subscribe~