Arrows of love

The Nine Princesses

The sun was rising and the birds chirped loudly. Everything was still and the Royals were all sleeping, except for Eunhyuk. He’d woken up due to all the noise Taemin was making as he rolled around in his sleep. After being awaken by Taemin’s rolling, Eunhyuk could not fall back asleep so he’d decided to go for a morning run around the mountain area. The view was exquisite, from the nature to the overview of the girls’ Kingdom. Eunhyuk decided to head back to the pension house because it was getting lighter and he’d figured that the others would be awake soon.

As Eunhyuk jogged past the waterfall, he thought he saw someone run through the forest out of the corner of his eyes. He quickly whipped around to face them but realised he did not have any weapons to protect himself with. Eunhyuk grabbed the closest thing to a weapon, which was a stick, and yelled out, ‘who’s there?! I’m the Prince of Kohaku, I demand you show yourselves and reveal any weapons on your person!’
There was a rustle in the bushes to his right so he whirled to his right but as soon as he faced the bush, there was a rustle from his left. He stood in the centre, his head turning from side to side, watching out for something or someone to attack. Then, the sound stopped and it became silent again. Eunhyuk went to the bushes carefully to check who was there but there was nothing.
‘Pfft… must’ve been an animal or something,’ he scoffed and dropped his stick and heading back towards the pension house.

‘It was probably nothing, hyung,’ Taemin said after Eunhyuk finished telling the guys what happened that morning on his jog while the girls cooked breakfast.
‘That’s what I thought. But I wanted to tell you guys just in case, we have to be careful with the princess’ lives here,’ Eunhyuk nodded.
‘Good thinking, hyung,’ Jonghyun said, ‘we’ll all be extra careful for the next few days while we’re out but I really doubt it’s assassins or ambushers. The King put half of his security around the mountain and the lower parts of the mountain, I doubt anyone could get past them.’
‘Alright,’ Onew nodded, ‘we’ll also go out on a lookout after midday, if there is a little trace of anyone else on the mountain, we’ll go down to the main base at the bottom of the mountain and notify the head of security.’
‘Breakfast is ready!!’ Sooyoung interrupted the conversation.
The boys all ran towards the outdoor gazebo and with that, the issue of a possible security breach was forgotten for the moment.

‘What is everyone doing today?’ Taemin asked while stuffing his face with the kimchi Taeyeon made for breakfast.
‘Uhh… I haven’t decided yet,’ Yuri replied.
‘But I have something planned so you don’t need to decide,’ Minho told Yuri.
Taemin pouted, ‘you’re all splitting up into your couples? I’m going to be lonely!!’
‘Taemin, you can come with us,’ Yuri told Taemin.
‘Really? Yay!!!’ Taemin clapped his hands.
Minho chuckled and kissed Yuri’s cheek, ‘you’re the best.’
‘For what?’ Yuri asked.
‘For caring so much about my brother,’ Minho said.
‘I would care about Taemin even if he wasn’t your brother! He’s just too cute!’ Yuri said indignantly, ‘now, eat this! I made this kimbap with Yoona, and no, we didn’t put any wasabi in it,’ Yuri told him while she fed him.

‘Well, then, if Taemin has someone to play with him, I won’t have to worry,’ Onew said, ‘so why don’t we go for a swim?’ he asked Taeyeon.
‘Sure!’ Taeyeon said.
‘Great! We can all have some personal time with our fiancées!’ Nichkhun exclaimed.
‘Wow! Someone’s excited,’ Wooyoung rolled his eyes, causing Tiffany to giggle hysterically.
‘Sica-ah, what do you want to do today?’ Jonghyun cooed.
‘Sleep.’
‘Arasso, we’ll have a nap out in the sun!’ Jonghyun replied happily before lightly kissing her nose.
‘Sunny!!! Let’s play together today!!’ Sungmin sang.
Sunny pouted, ‘do I have to?’
Sungmin nodded and put on his best puppy-eyes.
Sunny rolled her eyes but gave in, ‘fine~~~~ but I get to choose what we do today.’
‘Yay!!!’

As soon as they cleared up the table, Nichkhun and Yoona ran off to play in a smaller lake than the one they’d all played volleyball in. Nichkhun had discovered it a couple of nights ago and he thought it was the best place to have private time with Yoona. It was on the other side of the rock mountain where the first lake was and it also had a waterfall. Although the lake was smaller, it was relatively deep enough to play in and had trees surrounding it. The bonus was that the trees had vines hanging from them so Nichkhun and Yoona could swing across the lake and drop in. Onew and Taeyeon left soon after for the larger lake and Sungmin and Sunny almost immediately after to join them. Wooyoung and Tiffany headed off to the meadow behind the pension house but not before warning everyone not to interrupt their precious alone time. Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon, Kyuhyun and Seohyun all went for a walk together since Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon liked going on adventurous walks while Kyuhyun and Seohyun liked inspecting the ecosystems that belonged in the mountain forests. Minho, Yuri and Taemin were the last to depart, leaving Sooyoung and Key to play in the pension house and Jessica and Jonghyun to nap out in the garden. Minho had planned to take Yuri and Taemin for a hike and a picnic at the cliff-top with the best view on the whole mountain.

‘Ohh!!! Look!! A longhorn beetle!!’ Seohyun cried, pulling at Kyuhyun’s sleeve for his attention.
‘Wow! That’s amazing! They’re so exotic and rare in this Kingdom!’ Kyuhyun exclaimed and bent down for a closer inspection.  
‘Unnie!’ Seohyun yelled, ‘come look at the longhorn beetle!’
‘No!!’ Hyoyeon replied from where she sat by the pond with her feet dipped in, ‘you’ve already made me look at 10 different bugs but I can’t tell the difference between any of them! I’m not interested in bugs!’
‘It’s a beetle! Not  just a bug! And it’s rare!’ Seohyun pouted.
‘Yeah, yeah, go back to playing with Kyuhyun, honey. I’m going to watch from here, okay?’ Hyoyeon waved her off and went back into her own little world.
Seohyun pouted.
‘Don’t worry,’  Kyuhyun soothed, ‘she just has different interests than us.’
‘Yeah, I guess…’ Seohyun mumbled, ‘I’m glad I met you! I have someone to share my interests with.’
Kyuhyun smiled but instead of saying anything, he gave her a peck on the cheek for a reply. The both blushed and looked at each other.
‘I hope you don’t mind, Princess,’ he said after a while.
‘I told you to call me Seohyun! And of course I don’t mind!’ Seohyun cried.
There was rustling sounds coming at them and the stomps of footsteps. They all looked up and saw Eunhyuk running through the bushes towards them.
‘Hyoyeon! Hyoyeon! Look! I caught a fish!!’ he yelled while running.
He stopped in front of Hyoyeon and showed him what was in his cupped hands.
‘That’s very nice, but you might want to put it back in the water before it dies,’ she said without looking at him of the fish.
‘You’re not looking!!!’
‘Yes I am!’

Sunsun and Ontaeng wrestled in the water joyfully. Taeyeon sat on Onew’s shoulders and Sunny sat on Sungmin’s shoulders. The boys had to keep them up with the girls tried to wrestle each other off their perch.
‘Ahh!!! Go down!’ Sunny cried.
‘No! I’m not losing!’ Taeyeon replied, pushing Sunny harder.
‘Yeah! You tell them!’ Onew said, ‘we’re not losing!’
‘If anyone’s not losing, it’s us! Right, Sunny?’ Sungmin grunted.
‘Shush! Talk after we win!’ Sunny told Sungmin and lightly kicked his chest by swinging her leg.
Sungmin sighed and did what he was told to do. He stepped back, hoping Taeyeon would fall forward when Sunny started pulling instead of pushing but Onew was smarter than that. He moved in step with Sungmin so Taeyeon would not fall. Sungmin scowled at him and Onew laughed.

‘It’s just a game,’ he teased.
‘But I have to win!’ Sungmin grunted.
On their shoulders, the girls were working just as hard. They both had the same amount of strength so when they pushed, no one gave in. The thing was, however, Sunny was really competitive and although she was in equal strength to Taeyeon, she was more determined to win. She stopped pushing and leaned back, resulting in Taeyeon falling forward. As Taeyeon fell, she naturally gripped onto something. That something was Sunny. The girls fell and the boys followed. There was a massive splash of water and a lot of laughter.
‘We won!’
‘No! We won!!’
‘No! Rematch! We’ll have a clear winner this time!’

‘Woooohoooo!!!’ Nichkhun cheered while he swung off a tree vine and dropped into the water.
Yoona laughed loudly as she watched him splash and quickly come up for air.
‘Now your turn!’ he shouted at her after he wiped his eyes.
‘Uhh…’ she bite her lip nervously and looked at the tree vine.
‘Come on! It’s fun! Trust me! I’ll catch you!!!!’ Nichkhun shouted.
‘Promise?’
‘Yes, I promise,’ he said sincerely.
Yoona nodded and reached for the tree vine. She held on tight and swung off the tree branch that she was standing on. As she swung over the spot where Nichkhun stood, she let go and just as he’d promised, he caught her.
‘That was fun!’ she squealed.
‘It’s more fun when you actually splash into the water, trust me,’ Nichkhun said while putting her down gently.
‘Let’s go again! This time I’ll go on my own!’ Yoona sang and quickly swam over to the edge of the lake.
Nichkhun shook his head and chuckled while he followed her.

‘Yah! Wake up!’ Sooyoung shouted, shaking Sica and Jonghyun awake.
‘What?!’ Sica asked irritably.
‘Is something happening?’ Jonghyun asked groggily.
‘We came up with something fun to do!’ Key said, ‘stop being lazy and get up.’
‘Urghh… you woke us up for this?’ Sica asked.
‘Come on!!!’
‘Fine… since we’re already awake and all…’

‘This is the best…’ Tiffany sighed.
‘I know… private time,’ Wooyoung laughed, ‘very relaxing.’
Wooyoung and Tiffany were laying down in the meadow, enjoying the sunny day. Wooyoung was rolling over to kiss Tiffany when they were interrupted by Sookey and Jongsica barging at them.
‘Yah! I told you guys not to come here!’ Tiffany yelled.
‘It was too tempting! We came to annoy you!’ Sooyoung laughed.
‘Urgh!! Sooyoung! Sica! I’m going to get you!’ Tiffany yelled and started running at them.
The girls screamed and ran away as Jonghyun and Key laughed at them.
‘You’re not off the hook either,’ Wooyoung told the boys.
Jonghyun and Key looked at each other before running away from Wooyoung who chased after them.

‘Wah!! This has been the best day ever!!’ Taemin yawned, standing up from where he sat with Minho and Yuri while they watched the sunset.
Minho and Yuri also got up, stretching and patting dust off their clothes.
‘Yup, I agree,’ Yuri smiled.
‘Minho hyung always thinks of the best things to do,’ Taemin said.
‘Aww… not really,’ Minho said modestly, ‘It was just a hike.’
‘But it was fun,’ Yuri told him.
Minho smiled and kissed the tip of her nose, ‘you’re always complementing me.’
‘What about me, hyung? I always complement you!’ Taemin cried.
Yuri pouted, ‘yeah, you do. But he can’t kiss you on the nose! He’s mine!’
Minho laughed, ‘no fighting. You two have gotten along all day, don’t ruin it,’ he said while giving Taemin a hug so he wouldn’t feel left out.
‘Thanks, hyung! I want a hug from Yuri noona too!! Group hug!’ Taemin said happily.
The three laughed and hugged. Minho suddenly pulled Taemin and Yuri onto the ground, the two landing on top of him so they didn’t get hurt. An arrow whizzed past where they stood a second ago and hit a tree behind them.
‘That was close!’ Taemin sighed.
‘Only my Minho would be able to sense arrows coming at him!’ Yuri smiled and watched as Minho approached the arrow and pulled off a note attached to it.
He read it quickly and looked up at the two, ‘we have to get to the house now! Stay behind me and move as quickly and as quietly as possible, it’s an emergency!’

 

(a/n):  I'm sorry for not updating in WEEKS but I've been so busy with homework, tests, an injury and I've also been sick!! In addition, when I did update my other story 'Falling for you... always and forever' not many people commented so I felt discouraged and felt sad. Also, i felt unappreciated since I wrote the chapter even though I should've been doing homework and ended up staying up until very late to finish it on a school night... so i thought there wasn't a point in updating any story when no one was commenting until I wasn't busy anymore... but i kinda am still busy so I'm not so sure... well, hopefully you like the chap, and are getting excited for the action that's coming up! I'll update soon so don't comment with 'update soon' because i know.

Comment and Subscribe ^^