Prince Onew

The Nine Princesses

The next day, the girls were playing in the large garden. Seohyun was reading a book, Tiffany was reading a magazine and Sica was sleeping on the grass. The oldest, Taeyeon, was talking about the party they’d been to last week with Sunny. And the other four, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona, were playing tag. As Sooyoung chased Hyoyeon past Taeyeon and Sunny, almost treading all over them, the Queen, their mother, walked out into the garden with her ladies-in-waiting following behind her.

‘Girls!! Princesses are not to be running around like that! Please stop this atrocious behaviour,’ she began to scold them, the girls immediately all stopped what they were doing, ‘and Sica! It’s very unlady-like to be sleeping in the middle of the garden, what would others think?’
‘No one is here, mum. Besides, all the people who work here have known all nine of us since we were kids, they know that we’re all nothing like real princesses,’ Sica said lazily.
‘That is where you are incorrect, we do have a visitor who is waiting to meet you all in the throne room, but first, your father wants to speak to you all. So please get yourselves cleaned up, and for once, be on your best behaviour,’ the queen said quickly before she walked off to meet the King.
‘Alright girls, let’s go get ready,’ Taeyeon clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention.
‘Yeah!’

‘Wait, what?!’ Taeyeon stuttered after he father spoke.
They were in the library, where their father had said to meet him so he could speak to them before they met the special guest.
‘That’s right, I said, that you’re fiancée is here,’ the King repeated to Taeyeon.
‘Why mine?!’
‘Because you’re the oldest, and we must make this agreement with the Northern country before the winter comes,’ King Soo Man said.
‘By marrying your daughter off to some stranger?!’ she shrieked.
‘Calm down, you won’t be getting married immediately, but if the prince doesn’t like you, the deal is off and he’ll accept the marriage offer with the country on their north, who is our enemy. Do you know what this means? If those two countries have an agreement, our enemy country could access our country by crossing over the north country!! We’d be vulnerable,’ the King said.
‘But…’
‘Please… if this happens, many people in our poor towns would die. Just try your best, I’m sure you’ll like him. Besides, he’ll stay in our palace until your own palace is built in his country, so you can get to know him better, and you can visit often,’ the King pleaded.
‘Okay, but only because Jungmo Oppa and Sohee Unnie lives in the northern towns,’ Taeyeon nodded.
‘You really haven’t forgotten about your childhood friends have you?’ the King smiled.
‘No, I haven’t, they’re the only ones that didn’t care that I was a princess.’
‘It’s a good thing they got married to each other, they really are kind-hearted people…’ the King mumbled to himself before leading the way to the throne room, where the guest was waiting.

The girls walked in nervously, anticipating what kind of man their sister’s fiancée was, if he was intelligent, or handsome, or strong, or courageous, or caring… they wanted to know. The royal family walked into the throne room, to see the prince from the northern country and his party of soldiers, servants, advisors, and other important royal party members.
‘He’s alone…’ Sunny whispered to Yoona.
‘No his not… he has one of those… what do you call them again?? Oh, that’s right, the royal party that follows royal family members when they leave the palace!!’ Yoona whispered back.
‘I know that!! I meant he came without his parents,’ Sunny whispered back.
‘Ohh…’
‘Taeyeon, this is Prince Onew,’ King Soo Man introduced them.
‘Annyong…’ Taeyeon mumbled, she had suddenly become shy when she saw him smile at her.
‘Oh, Annyong, I’m Prince Onew,’ he said as he began to walk towards them to shake their hands.
Halfway towards Taeyeon’s family, the prince tripped and fell on his face, the princesses gasped.

‘Is he okay?!’ Hyoyeon asked anxiously.
‘He’ll be fine,’ one of the royal advisors that was with Prince Onew said, ‘It’s just Prince Onew Condition.’
‘Prince Onew Condition?’ everyone from the palace asked curiously.
‘Yes, you see, the Prince here  is rather clumsy, and our whole country has named his clumsiness, Prince Onew Condition,’ the advisors said as he helped Onew up.
‘Ohh…’ everyone nodded in understanding.
‘Hehe,’ the Prince blushed and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, ‘sorry about that.’
‘No, no, it’s fine,’ the Queen said.
‘Shall we go to the tea room and talk about the engagement?’ the King said.
‘Sure, sir, please lead the way,’ Prince Onew said politely.

After dinner, everyone retired to their room to get ready for bed, but the princesses stayed awake to talk about Prince Onew.
‘Unnie!! What do you think of him?? I think he’s rather handsome,’ Hyoyeon said excitedly.
‘Hmm… I agree with you… and he seems smart and polite… but I don’t know, I haven’t really talked to him alone yet,’ Taeyeon sighed before sipping her hot chocolate.
‘Why? If he is smart and polite, isn’t that enough?? It’s better than getting someone rude and conceited, which could happen to the rest of us,’ Tiffany said.
‘Well, he is my ideal type… but what if it’s just a façade?’ Taeyeon mumbled.
‘Ohh… Unnie’s in love!!!’ Yoona and Yuri shouted as they began to sing and jump on the massive bed.
‘No I’m not!!’ Taeyeon blushed and threw a pillow at her two younger sisters.
‘Then why are you blushing?’ they chorused while dodging the pillow Taeyeon threw.
‘I’m not blushing!’ Taeyeon huffed and stood up, walking into her room.
When she was gone, the remaining eight looked at each other and grinned mischievously, ‘she is so blushing!!’

‘Yah, yah! Girls, gather around,’ Sunny hissed, looking towards Taeyeon’s room to make sure that she couldn’t hear them.
‘We should make an excellent plan to see if they like each other or not… and to get them closer…’ they grinned evilly.

 

(a/n): hehe :)   i know a lot of you have been requesting couples... but some of them are not going to be in this story because it's hard to write about a couple you don't ship ^^ but most of them are in the story :)

comment and subscribe~