A Tiring Night

The Nine Princesses

It was just around 2am when they rode up to the cliff on the mountain overlooking the Palace and the city surrounding it. They observed the tranquil city and the rebels guarding the city walls.
‘Let’s go,’ General Ki whispered before turning his horse around and leading everyone towards the forest on the outskirts of the city.

Nothing but the sound of the horses’ hooves treading on the forest floor could be heard as they slowly and inaudibly made their way to the waterfall. General Ki skillfully inspected their surroundings while determining the best route to take to the waterfall. Yuri, Hyoyeon and Joon held their loaded bows up ready in case of attack. Joon was sitting in his saddle side-on, covering the back of the group in case of rebels sneaking up behind them. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon sat in front of Eunhyuk, covering the left and Yuri sat in front of Minho facing the right. The rest had undrawn weapons at the ready, keeping alert for any threats.

A soft snap of a twig made General Ki whip his head to the right. Yuri held her bow up higher, ready to shoot. Everyone held their breaths and waited. No one dared to move. Another sound came from the left and this time General Ki did not wait. He pulled out his sword from its sheath and everyone else followed.

A light came towards them from the left, causing alarm in them all.
‘When I say “go”, spilt up and meet up at the “spot”. Only wait for me for a day, if I don’t get back by then, head into the tunnel behind the sapphire marble stone without me,’ General Ki hissed.
They all nodded and tightened their hands around their weapons and reins, ready to escape. General Ki waited for the light to come closer towards him before yelling, ‘go!’
Everyone rode off in different directions to shake of the rebels.

‘This is not good,’ Minho muttered when he turned around to see several rebels following them on horses.
‘It’s alright, I’ve got you covered,’ Joon said as he rode up behind them, ‘just get the Princess to safety.’
Just as he finished speaking, one of the rebels fell off his horse, an arrow sticking out of his chest. They turned to look at Yuri who was re-loading her bow with a new arrow.
‘I don’t need either of you to look after me,’ Yuri said, ‘besides, how are you going to shoot arrows while riding the horse by yourself at the same time, Joon-shi?’
Minho rolled his eyes; she never wanted anyone’s help.
‘That doesn’t matter right now; we need to get to safety. Don’t let your pride get to you. Joon is going to help us,’ Minho said.
Yuri glared at Minho before shooting the arrow directly into the chest of one of the rebels.
‘Whoa…’ Joon whistled, ‘if I were you, I’d be careful not to anger that dangerous little princess of yours.’
Minho laughed heartily as he watched Yuri’s scowl deepen.

Kyuhyun urged the horse to go faster, not daring to look back at the rebels following them.
‘Oh, this was not a good idea. We both can’t fight and protect ourselves!’ Seohyun cried.  
Kyuhyun grunted as he tried to manoeuvre the horse through trees to get rid of their pursuers.
‘I knew this was going to happen. I kept telling Eunhyuk hyung that you should go with him and Hyoyeon should come with me! Then both couples would have some sort of chance of survival. Now they’re both definitely going to survive and we’re dead,’ Kyuhyun muttered.
Seohyun looked back briefly and saw one of the rebels catching up.
‘Oppa, they’re catching up!’
Kyuhyun cursed under his breath. Seohyun grabbed the sword she’d been given and swung at the rebel. She missed but the rebel did slow down due to him trying to avoid the attack. She continued trying to attack but the rebel soon noticed a pattern and managed to knock the sword out of her hand when she was drawing the sword back. Just as the rebel swung for Kyuhyun, General Ki appeared and stabbed him in the back.
‘Go! I’ll take care of these rebels,’ General Ki commanded.
Kyuhyun nodded, ignoring Seohyun’s plea for him to turn back around so they could help General Ki. She watched in terror as the old man turned his horse around to face their enemies head-on.  

The fight surrounding Khuna, Hyohyuk and Ontaeng was vicious. The three couples were surrounded by several rebels on horses and on foot. No matter how many they defeated, the number of rebels never decreased.
‘This is ridiculous!’ Eunhyuk shouted before jumping off the horse to fight the rebels on foot.
Without the disadvantage of difficulty manoeuvring around, Eunhyuk was defeating more rebels in less than half the time the others were. Before long, the rest of them hopped off their horses and joined Eunhyuk. Finally, the number of rebels seemed to decrease. It wasn’t long before they were all gone. The Royals all got back on their horses and spilt up.

Just as Nichkhun and Yoona rode away, they heard hooves galloping towards them. They froze as they saw a person carrying a straw torch approach them on a horse. It was Taecyeon!
‘Are there any Royals over there, Taecyeon?’ a voice shouted from far away.
Taecyeon stared at Yoona’s terrified before opening his mouth to speak. Yoona grabbed onto Nichkhun’s hand, she knew that if Taecyeon were to reveal their presence, they wouldn’t have enough energy to defeat another group of rebels.
Taecyeon turned his horse around and shouted back, ‘no! Let’s try the other direction!’ before riding away, never looking back at Yoona.
Nichkhun and Yoona relaxed before riding in the other direction towards the waterfall.

By sunrise, everyone had arrived at the waterfall except for General Ki. They were all in the cave behind the waterfall waiting for his return. Joon anxiously paced to and fro, worrying about his father while the girls all sat near the edge of the waterfall, watching out for him.

 

(a/n): Just a short and quick chapter to let you all know I'm still here. It's been a while since I've updated but I've been busy with school and extra-curricular activities. Also, the laptop with all my files crashed so now I have to start from scratch. Anyway, hopefully I'll be less busy now and be able to update regularly.
Also, I've been thinking about making another tumblr and sticking to it this time, what do you think?

Well, comment and subscribe. Until next time!

And please leave a nice long comment since it's the first update in a while! and to encourage me to update more despite being tired from school and other stuff.