Getting to know you

The Nine Princesses

Minho grinned at Yuri while she stared at him wide-eyed, he chuckled at her flabbergasted expression.
‘No way~ I’m engaged to Prince Sungmin? Ewww,’ Sunny protested.
‘Don’t be ridiculous Sunny. Anyway, seeing as I’ve announced the news like the Princes asked, I shall take my leave. I need to send a letter to King Ok. His son is coming soon to meet Yoona, and we need to make arrangement, have a nice day. And no fighting today, okay Sooyoung?’ King Soo Man warned.
‘Okay,’ Sooyoung squeaked.

When the King and his Royal party left, the Princesses and Princes were the only ones remaining. Yoona flopped down on one of the chairs in the room and whined, ‘I have a fiancée? I don’t want one~’
‘Well, you do. And at least he’s not Sungmin!’ Sunny told her.
‘Hey~ what’s wrong with me?’ Sungmin whined and walked over to where the girls were now sitting, placing himself on one of the many chairs leftover.
‘…’ Sunny ignored him and turned to Yuri, ‘thanks for pushing your stupid fiancée onto me.’
‘Actually, Sungmin was never Yuri’s fiancée from the start. Weren’t you listening Princess Sunny?’ Minho informed her as he sat down next to Yuri as close as he could.
‘I know… but you guys shouldn’t have tricked us like that!’ Sunny complained.
‘Yeah!! You know, you got Yuri so upset the other night?’ Hyoyeon scolded Minho while the other Princes quietly sat down as well.
‘What? Why?’ he asked worriedly, turning to his fiancée to check for any injuries.
‘She’s not injured, you idiot!’ Sooyoung laughed at him while pulling out a plate of dumplings out of nowhere, ‘she was just very upset and confused because she- hmph!! Mmphh!!’
Yuri had covered Sooyoung’s mouth with her hand to stop her from talking anymore. When Sooyoung finally settled down and stopped kicking, Yuri slowly let go, warning her sister with her eyes not to say any more.

‘What was she confused about?’ Taemin piped up, quite curiously.
‘Nothing~’ Yuri said.
‘It’s not nothing, I want to know!!’ whined Key.
‘Shut up, Prince Key! No one wants to hear you whine,’ Sooyoung told him off.
‘I won’t shut up if I don’t want to!!’ Key yelled back.
‘You will if I tell you to!’
‘No!! I want to know!! So just tell me already!’
‘Quit it! Stop fighting!’ Onew yelled over the top of Sooyoung and Key, ‘gosh, your engaged, you can’t go around yelling at each other!’ 
‘Your only saying that because you and Taeyeon unnie are a proper item now! Not just arranged!’ Sooyoung shot at him.
‘Yeah! Sooyoung’s right!’ Key added.
‘If I remember properly, you weren’t doing so hot with Taeyeon unnie at the start! We even had to help a bit with our plan!’ Sooyoung continued.
‘Yeah! You get him, Sooyoung!’ Key encouraged her.
‘Weren’t they just fighting a few seconds ago?’ Tiffany whispered to Hyoyeon and Seohyun.
‘Yah! I heard that!’ Sooyoung yelled.
‘You were meant to.’

When Sooyoung had settled back down, Taemin spoke up again, ‘so why was Princess Yuri so upset?’
‘Because she was in love with Prince Minho but she thought she was engaged to Prince Sungmin, that’s why you shouldn’t trick people like that,’ Sooyoung said nonchalantly, totally forgetting about her sister’s warning about not saying anything.
‘Sooyoung!’ Yuri yelled, astonished.
‘Whoops… mianhae, Yul.’
‘Oh… this is so embarrassing…’ Yuri mumbled, covering her face with her hands.
‘No it’s not. I think it’s cute. And I’m really happy that you truly love me,’ Minho whispered to her and hugged her.

‘Omona!! Skinship!! Yah! Choi Minho! That’s my speciality, don’t do it until I do it with my princess!’ Jonghyun burst out.
Minho merely stuck his tongue out at the older man and hugged his fiancée tighter. In frustration, Jonghyun held out his arms to Jessica.
‘Come here, Princess. Let’s show them who’s the best at skinship,’ he said.
Sica gave him one of her icy glares and back away from him. Sunny giggled as she watched the awkward couple.
‘Nice one, Sica,’ Tiffany laughed.
Jonghyun pouted, ‘that’s the first time I’ve ever been rejected.’
‘Well, it’s not going to be the last either,’ Sica said coldly.
‘Ouch. That broke my heart, princess.’

Sica rolled her eyes and turned to Key, ‘so, I heard you guys are cousins? You must all be really close then.’    
‘Nah, we’re all distant relatives, if we were cousins, we wouldn’t all be next-in-line to the throne because we’d be from the same Royal Family, but we’re not. We’re from different Kingdoms. But seeing as we’re all really close in age, and we never really fit in with the other kids from our own families, our parents kept us all together all throughout our childhood,’ Key explained.
‘Ohh… that’s so interesting!’ Seohyun’s eyes bugged out, ‘but why didn’t you all fit in?’
‘Hmm… let’s see… Onew was because of his condition. Jonghyun because he was a ert at such a young age… Taemin was because he looked like a girl and was very weak and fragile. Minho because he was really good at sports and always won so the other kids didn’t want to play with him, and also because he’s overprotective. And seeing as Taemin is his brother and Taemin got bullied a lot… Minho got into lots of fights protecting him. Sungmin was because of his aegyo, it’s hard to stand. As for me, I was the one that rejected the other kids. I felt sorry for these five and decided that my abilities were much more needed somewhere else.’

‘Wow…’ Yoona said.
‘Why does it seem that Prince Minho has the most problems?’ Yuri frowned.
‘I don’t,’ mumbled Minho.
‘Yeah, Prince Jonghyun does,’ Sica said dryly.
‘Hey!’ Jonghyun protested.
‘I think Prince Key has the most problems, he acted all high and mighty, but it might be because he was too much of a diva,’ Sooyoung rolled her eyes.
‘It was not!’ Key argued.
‘Haha, Key has finally found his match,’ Sungmin teased.
‘Shut up!’

‘Neh… seeing as we are becoming friends…’ Hyoyeon said, ‘can we all drop the Princess and Prince thing? It’s too much of a mouthful.’ 
‘Yeah!!’ the rest nodded in agreement.  
‘Does that mean I can call you all noona?’ Taemin asked.
‘Yes,’ the girls nodded.
‘And am I your friend?’ Taemin asked again.
‘Of course!’
‘Yay!!’ Taemin yelled and jumped around.
Yoona raised her eyebrows, ‘why is he doing that?’
‘He’s never really had any noona friends that liked him. They usually bullied him because he is prettier than most of them,’ Sungmin explained.
‘Ohh… I see,’ Yoona nodded.
‘Yeah… he’ll stop soon,’ Jonghyun murmured while staring at Jessica.

Taemin soon stopped jumping around and sat down back down.
‘So, can I ask, why did you decide to trick Yuri and Sunny, Sungmin?’ Tiffany asked.
‘Because, we’ve met lots of princesses and they all act nice in front of us because they know we’re their fiancées. And if they marry us, they’ll have handsome husbands and lots of money. So we decided this time to test our fiancées. If they don’t know we are their real fiancées, they will show their true personalities to us and if they are bad people, they’ll hide it in front of who they “think” is their fiancée,’ Sungmin tried to explain.
‘Uh huh… I didn’t understand at all…’ Sooyoung and Taemin said together.   
‘I did.’
‘Good for you,’ Sooyoung said sarcastically.
‘Hey, let’s play truth or dare,’ Seohyun suggested.
‘Yeah!’

In the afternoon, the King returned to the main hall to find the Princes and Princesses getting along.
‘Ahem,’ he tried to get their attention.
‘Oh, King Soo Man, have you finished all your work for today?’ Onew asked politely.
‘Yes, I have, and I have another announcement to make.’
‘What is it?’ Taemin’s eyes glittered.
‘Well, as you know half of the Jewel Palace burnt down and to renovate it, everyone had to move out.’
‘Yeah…’ Sunny prompted.
‘And the Princesses have returned to their old rooms from when they were children. And the Princes are staying in one room which is a bit small for 6 Princes, I’ve been thinking, and since you’re going to be married soon anyway, why don’t you share your rooms with your fiancées?’
‘What about me?’ Taemin asked.
‘You’ll stay in your current room. After the others move out, you’ll have more room.’
‘Okay!’ Taemin agreed.
‘I don’t want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ the girls complained.
‘No. That’s my final word. And besides, I want grandchildren soon. Also, a few days after the other Princes arrive, they’ll move into their fiancées rooms too.’
‘What?! Noo!!!’ Yoona cried.
‘No complaining. Pack your bags,’ the King commanded the Princes.

 

(a/n): What do you think? :)

Comment and Subscribe~