Camping Out

The Nine Princesses

‘Dinner is ready!’ Sungmin’s voice rang throughout the pension house. Hyoyeon’s team all ran outside and towards the food that the losers had cooked.
‘Ohh!!! Yummy!! Samgyupsul!’ Khun clapped his hands and reached over for a bite.
Taemin slapped his hand away from the food, ‘wait, we can’t start eating until we set the table!’
Nichkhun pouted, ‘don’t be stingy, I only wanted a little bit.’
‘Wait!’ Taemin demanded.
‘Fine!’ Nichkhun stomped away and plopped himself down on the stairs of the porch.
Taemin rolled his eyes and went to help set the table, muttering, ‘how immature,’ causing Sungmin to laugh since this was coming from Taemin, the most immature of them all.

They all sat around a large round table under a beautiful Victorian gazebo. A small campfire was lit a bit away from the gazebo but was close enough to keep them warm. They all smiled contently, eating the delicious food and enjoying each other’s company out on a beautiful night. The cooking team had done an amazing job and there were many first-class dishes.
‘Neh~ We bought a massive fit-for-the-King tent didn’t we?’ Sunny slowly asked.
‘Yeah…’ Taeyeon cautiously answered, wondering what kind of idea Sunny had.
‘Well, since it’s such a nice night out, how about we camp out here in the backyard?’
‘That’s a great idea!!!’ Sungmin cheered.
‘He’s just trying to get on Sunny’s good side,’ Tiffany scoffed, a bit too loudly to Wooyoung.
‘If everyone wants to then we can,’ Onew said.
‘Yeah! Let’s do it!’ everyone cheered.
‘It’s settled then,’ Taeyeon and Sunny smiled at each other.

Later that night, half of the group sat on the stairs on the porch watching the others try and put the tent together, yelling and arguing about who was right and who was wrong. However Key’s divaish voice was the loudest of them all, demanding that everyone listen to him since he was always right.
‘Hyung! Shut up! I love you and all, but just shut up!’ Minho yelled while connecting the poles.
‘Don’t tell me what to do! And I’m telling you that you’re all doing it wrong!’ Key snapped.
‘We’re doing it right, Key! Look! The instructions specifically say to connect the poles first before threading them through the cloth of the tent,’ Yuri stomped on her foot and huffed.
‘Don’t argue with me, Yuri! You’re only standing there holding the tools and the instruction sheet, not even helping!’ Key cried.
‘I am helping! I’m reading the instructions and whenever anyone needs the tools, they call me and I run to them!’ Yuri defended herself.
‘In that case, you’re reading the instructions wrong! This isn’t how we should do it!’ Key yelled.
‘Hyung! Stop yelling at Yul!’ Minho shouted, he opened his mouth to say more but was interrupted by the shikshin who had stood up from where she was sitting on the stairs.
‘Key, stop yelling at everyone, especially Yuri. Here, Yuri, pass me the instruction sheet,’ Sooyoung immediately shut Key up.
Yuri handed her the sheet and Sooyoung began reading.
‘What are you on about, Key? It says right here to do it like this,’ Sooyoung said.
‘But-.’
‘Don’t argue with me,’ Sooyoung shot him a glare, ‘it says it right here. If you’re only going to nag, you might as well sit and just watch.’
‘Yes miss…’ Key sighed and began connecting another set of poles.

‘While they set up the tent, why don’t we bring mattresses onto the porch and all the other things we’ll need so that we’ll be ready to move in as soon as they’re finished,’ Hyoyeon suggested.
‘Alright, Onew, Tiffany, Wooyoung and I will get all the mattresses,’ Taeyeon volunteered.
‘Nichkhun and I will bring all the games to play,’ Yoona said.
‘Then I will go get food,’ of course, it was Sooyoung who said this.
‘I will get the necessities like candles and stuff,’ Seohyun said.
‘I will help you. With both of our brains, we won’t forget anything important,’ Kyuhyun added.
‘Alright, that leaves Sunny and I to gather blankets and pillows,’ Hyoyeon said before heading into the house, everyone following her.

Later that night, they were all gathered in the tent. The mattresses were in a circle and the couples were sharing mattresses while Taemin got his own. They wrapped themselves with their blankets and sat on their mattresses, forming a circle and facing each other.
‘Hmm… so relaxing…’ Minho sighed and laid his head on Yuri’s lap.
‘And cosy…’ Sungmin added, slyly copying Minho and laying on Sunny’s lap.
Surprisingly for him, she didn’t object but instead his hair gently.
‘You’re right… I wish we could stay here forever!’ Taeyeon exclaimed while plopping herself down on her pillow, Onew followed along and curled up behind her.
‘You know how we get our own bit of land before we get to reign the kingdoms the boys come from, I wouldn’t be so bad if we got land like this and our own pension house like this…’ Sica sighed.
‘Would you like a place like this? I could probably convince my parents to let us live somewhere like this before they retire. And when they do and we have to succeed them, they might like to live there, kinda like a swap,’ Jonghyun told Sica.
Sica nodded, ‘Mmm… I’d like that,’ she murmured with her eyes closed.

‘We’re so relaxed but we should be playing games!’ Taemin interjected loudly.
‘He’s right! I want to play something! And Yoona and I brought so many games,’ Nichkhun pointed at the bag of things they’d left in a corner of the tent.
‘How about Truth or Dare first?’ Wooyoung suggested, ‘I don’t really feel like moving much from here. That way, I can just pick Truth and stay here hugging Tiffany.’
Everyone nodded and agreed.

They spun the bottle and it landed on Onew.
‘Hyung, truth or dare?’ Taemin asked excitedly.
‘Truth… dare is just TOO scary!!’ Onew said quickly.
‘Naww… how boring… but, I’ll asked the question. I heard you had a girlfriend before Taeyeon unnie, who was it?’ Sooyoung asked slyly.
Onew gulped and looked at Taeyeon.
‘Just answer it. You told me once before, someone called Seungyeon right?’ Taeyeon told Onew innocently.
‘Seungyeon? You mean our cousin Seungyeon?’ Sunny asked wide-eyed.
Taeyeon looked at Onew with surprised eyes, ‘it was our cousin Seungyeon?’
‘Uhh… yeah… I thought you knew since there aren’t any other princesses called Seungyeon… Don’t worry though! When I saw her again when they arrived for the Annual Royal Meeting, we talked and sorted out the fact that we don’t like each other anymore…’ Onew stuttered.
‘Well I didn’t think it’d be my cousin Seungyeon! And when you saw her you didn’t say anything!’ Taeyeon whined.
‘I just thought you knew…’ Onew mumbled, ‘besides, I don’t like her anymore… I’ve never liked her as much as I like you…’
‘Okay, whatever, let’s get on with the game,’ Taeyeon snapped, resting her head on a pillow and lying down sideways.

‘Uhh… okay… whoever is next, Onew hyung gets to pick their dare or ask them a truth,’ Taemin said.
‘Arasso, I’m spinning the bottle then,’ Onew said and spun the bottle nervously, looking at Taeyeon.
It landed on Taeyeon coincidently.
‘Truth,’ she said before anyone could ask.
Onew looked at her anxiously, ‘do you love me?’
‘Of course I love you, what a stupid question and a waste of a truth,’ Taeyeon looked at him weirdly.
‘Then don’t be angry…’ he pouted.
Key rolled his eyes, ‘of course, he was never going to play the game properly when he was worried about the Taeyeon and Seungyeon thing.’
Taeyeon ignored Key and said to Onew, ‘not angry… just jealous. Can we get on with the game now?’
‘Yup!’ Onew smiled and hugged Taeyeon.

Hyoyeon spun the bottle for Taeyeon because she was too lazy to do it herself. It landed on Yoona.
‘Before anyone says anything, can I do a group dare?’ Yoona asked.
Eunhyuk grinned, ‘of course, who do you plan to bring down with you?’
‘Uhh… Nichkhun, Yuri and Minho,’ Yoona said.
‘YAH!!! Don’t get us involved!’ the three yelled.
‘Too late, she already said it,’ Sooyoung said.
‘I don’t remember this being part of the rules!’ Nichkhun exclaimed.
‘Stop arguing, just do the dare. And I dare you all to go into the small water pool under the waterfall we played volleyball in without any clothes for 10 minutes,’ Taeyeon said.
‘WHAT?!’ Minho exclaimed, ‘why would I let Nichkhun see Yuri?!’
‘Chill, Choi. It’s dark outside. You’ll bring a candle with you until you get there, then leave the candle on the side of the water pool and get undressed, then get in. Besides, you can stay far from each other if you want so you don’t see each other,’ Sungmin said.
‘But it’s cold.’
‘No it’s not. Because of the mountain, the water pool turns into something like a hot spring at night,’ Eunhyuk said.
‘Fine…’ Nichkhun mumbled and got up from where he was sitting.
The four headed out with a candle each but Seohyun quickly stopped them, ‘don’t forget to bring towels!’
‘Thanks, Seo! See you in a couple of minutes,’ Yoonyul shouted.

‘Let’s hurry, I don’t want any vicious animals to attack us,’ Yoona whispered.
‘They’re probably scared of the light from the candles, besides, we brought swords, I don’t really know why Kyuhyun brought them to the tent though…’ Nichkhun told her.
‘In case we get attacked outside,’ Minho said.
‘Oh, right. Well, we’re here! How about we leave it on the rocks on the edge?’ Nichkhun said.
‘Yeah, Yoona and I will go to the right side of the water pool with our candles and you guys stay on the left, okay?’ Yuri said.
‘No way, if we get ambushed or attacked, it would not be safe for you two to be alone,’ Nichkhun said.
‘He’s right. And we have the swords. So I’ll go with you and Nichkhun will go with Yoona,’ Minho said.
‘Fine…’ Yuri pouted.

The two couples went to separate sides of the water pool so they couldn’t see each other and shyly undressed, not looking at each other and then hopping into the water pool. It was indeed warm and very relaxing. They were all quite but enjoyed the silence and preferred to look at the stars in the night sky, enjoying each other’s company. When they thought 10 minutes had passed, they got out, dried themselves and got dressed rushing back towards the pension house.
‘That was fun!’ the girls said happily while skipping.
‘It was difficult…’ the boys mumbled.

While the two couples were gone, the rest continued on with their game.
‘Seohyun~ Truth or dare?’ Sunny sang.
‘Uhh… dare?’ the maknae muttered.
‘Ohh… is that because you have too many secrets that could be revealed?’ Sica teased.
‘Ohh… maybe it’s about Kyuhyun!’ Jonghyun exclaimed.
Tiffany rolled her eyes and so did Wooyoung.
‘Idiot couple,’ Tiffany whispered.
‘They’re exactly the same, I see why they get along,’ Wooyoung whispered back.
Taeyeon rolled her eyes, Tiffany and Wooyoung weren’t different from Jessica and Jonghyun.

‘You’re dare is to… kiss Kyuhyun on the lips! Because you’re innocent and will find this hard!’ Sunny said after some thought.
Seohyun stared at Sunny unmoving for a long time.
‘Well? We don’t have all day, princess,’ Sungmin said.
‘Umm… can I do something else? I don’t have the courage to…’ Seohyun mumbled.
‘Are you saying you don’t want to kiss him?’ Taemin teased.
‘I do want to!’ Seohyun screamed, ‘uh, I mean… I’m too nervous… uhh…’
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes after he knew she wanted to but was just too scared. He leaned over and kissed her.
‘There, dare over, next!’ Kyuhyun said coolly.

A while later, Yoona, Nichkhun, Yuri and Minho had arrived back and they all continued playing. The highlight might have been the funny streak Key and Eunhyuk did across the yard especially since a shadow of a squirrel scared them and they began screaming like crazy. Soon it was late and they decided to go to sleep. They got comfortable in the tent and made sure it was secure before dozing off, waiting for the next day of fun.

 

(a/n): it's been ages but i really was busy!!! SORRY!!! AHHHHH!!!! :D have you all heard about the kpop concert in Australia!?!?!?! I'm so excited, too bad it's not in Melbourne... but Sydney... just like Jay Chou all over again... :( but Melbourne has a larger asian population!!! Anyways, i'll update more often if i can because i have two new ideas and i really want to start them soon~~ :D