Settling In

The Nine Princesses

‘Wait… for… me!’ Yoona huffed.
Tiffany turned around and looked down at her younger sister who was struggling with a massive suitcase and a bag bigger than her. Tiffany couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of Yoona trying to walk uphill with so much luggage.
‘Why are you carrying so much?’ Taeyeon asked.
‘Yeah, shouldn’t you get your slave to carry all your stuff, like I did to Sungmin?’ Sunny motioned to Sungmin who could barely be seen under all the luggage.
‘Nichkhun is already struggling with two suitcases, a backpack and four duffel bags. I don’t think he can help Yoona,’ Onew said.
‘Oh, well, good luck, Yoona!’ Sunny exclaimed and started walking again.
‘Unnie!! Help me!!!’ Yoona cried, ‘why didn’t we ask some of the workers to carry our luggage to the pension house before we got there?’
‘Because King Soo Man insisted that it built character to do some labour when we barely even do anything as royals,’ Key huffed, looking very peeved.
‘I’m not a royal!’ Kyuhyun exclaimed.
‘Yes you are. You and Seohyun will be getting married anyway,’ Sica said.

‘Stop complaining, guys. It’s not even that heavy,’ Minho said.
‘Says the person who works out all the time and loves sports,’ Key rolled his eyes.
‘Hyung, you’re just being a diva. It’s nothing and I’ve got more luggage than you.’
‘Hmph! I’m good at packing so I can fit everything into the one suitcase,’ Key praised himself.
‘Why aren’t you helping me carry my stuff when you don’t have much?’ Sooyoung snapped.
‘You’ve got a smaller suitcase than me!’ Key cried.
‘But still! Minho’s got two massive suitcases and three duffel bags and a backpack, he’s also carrying that tent set! Yuri doesn’t have to carry anything except her little bag with food! Be a gentleman!’ Sooyoung cried.
‘I’m not Minho! I’m not that strong.’
‘Guys, don’t fight!’ Jonghyun said before Sooyoung could hit Key.
‘Fine!’

‘All of you are forgetting about me!! This is too much!!’ Yoona cried.
‘I’ll help you~’ Yuri sang and skipped over.
‘Be careful! The ground is not flat and you’ll trip!’ Jessica cried worriedly but it was too late, Yuri tripped over in a small ditch hidden by all the leaves and sticks.
‘Owww~’ she whined.
‘Yul!’ Minho dropped all the bags and ran to her.
‘I’m fine. I’m fine. Yoona give me your bag,’ Yuri held out her hand.
‘Thank goodness!’ Yoona sighed and handed the bag over.
As soon as it left Yoona’s hands, it dropped to the ground.
‘Too heavy!!’ Yuri said.
Minho sighed, ‘here, give it to me.’
He grabbed then bag and picked up the rest of his and Yuri’s luggage, ‘let’s hurry up and get there so we can put the heavy bags down.’
‘Arasso!’ Yoonyul said while the two of them pulled Yoona’s suitcase up the mountain trail together.

‘We’re here!’ Wooyoung cheered once they were let into the pension house and he dropped all the luggage.
‘Thank goodness… I can rest…’ Sungmin sighed and collapsed on the couch.
‘I think you should’ve helped him a little bit…’ Tiffany whispered to Sunny while she prodded Sungmin with her foot, he remained unmoving.
‘He’s fault. He suggested we play a game and the winner doesn’t have to carry anything. He should’ve thought before he let me choose the game,’ Sunny shrugged and sat down on Sungmin’s stomach, bouncing up and down.
‘Yah! What are you doing?’ he suddenly shot up and glared at her.
‘Making sure you weren’t passed out or something.’
‘Oh, good, you care,’ Sungmin rolled his eyes sarcastically and went back to his motionless position.

‘Before we can start playing, we have to assign rooms and plan out who does what chores and stuff,’ Taeyeon announced.
Everyone groaned.
‘Can’t we just go and play in the lake? It was crystal clear! I  saw it while we were walking up the mountain!’ Taemin complained.
‘Yeah! It took us four hours to walk here. It’s a long walk up the mountain to get here in the first place, but adding in all the luggage? It took forever! And I’m too tired!! Imagine what we would do if the pension house was at the top of the mountain and not the middle on the edge!’ Key exclaimed.
‘Stop being such a diva, Key, and listen to unnie,’ Sooyoung ordered.
‘Yes, madam…’

After rooms were assigned and rules were laid out, everyone went off to do their own thing. Yoona and Nichkhun were already outside exploring.
‘You know, I think we might’ve packed too many things. And everyone isn’t grateful that we packed all the games and stuff for everyone to share…’ Yoona grumbled as they walked through the forest behind the pension house.
‘Maybe… but they’ll thank us when they get bored and have nothing to do. We got them covered!’ Nichkhun said cheerily.
‘I guess…’
‘Stop moping, Princess. Come on, last time I was here with Prince Jonghyun and Sungmin, we found the most beautiful flower field. I think you’ll like it a lot,’ Nichkhun urged.
‘In that case, hurry!! I want to see!’ Yoona exclaimed and began climbing over a fallen down tree too hurriedly.
‘Omo!’ Nichkhun cried as he caught Yoona around the waist to stop her from slipping.
‘Whoa! That was close!’ Yoona stuttered and looked away from Nichkhun’s concerned face.
‘Yoona…’ he whispered and leaned in towards her…

‘Princess, aren’t you going to go explore?’ Kyuhyun asked Seohyun.
‘Umm… maybe after I unpack,’ she said.
‘But you’ve already unpacked,’ Kyuhyun pointed out and picked up one of her many Keroro dolls.
‘Yes, but I have to organise everything and make a schedule for the holiday and-,’ Seohyun fretted.
‘You’re too organised, sometimes, you have to let things flow,’ Kyuhyun said.
‘But!’
‘No buts! Come on, let’s go for a walk,’ Kyuhyun said and held out his hand.

‘Are you still ignoring me?’ Eunhyuk asked Hyoyeon.
‘No, I’m not.’
‘Then why aren’t you talking to me?’
‘I’m talking to you right now!’ Hyoyeon snapped.
‘But you aren’t very happy…’
‘You traumatised me! It took me forever to get over it!’ Hyoyeon exclaimed.
‘I’m sorry, okay? I was just a kid back then! It was Valentine’s Day and I really liked you so I kissed you after giving you flowers! I didn’t know you were going to be so surprised. And because of that, I always avoided you and fought with you over dancing! I thought you fought with me because you remembered and hated me!’
‘Yes, but I forgot who kissed me! That’s how surprised I was! I only fought with you over dancing because you really irritated me but if I’d known you were the one that stole my first kiss, I would’ve never even spoken to you!’ Hyoyeon said.
‘It couldn’t have been that bad…’ Eunhyuk mumbled.
‘It was! I wanted to save my first kiss for my husband since I was innocent back then! I thought no one would marry me if I’d already kissed someone! I wouldn’t come out of my room for days! And by then, I couldn’t even remember who the boy was!’
‘But your first kiss did go to your husband! Your future husband anyway…’ Eunhyuk pouted.
‘You’re right…’

‘I’m so glad you aren’t upset anymore,’ Jessica smiled at Jonghyun as they walked behind Minho and Yuri.
‘Me too. I’m glad you explained everything… well, sort of…’ he replied and squeezed her hand, ‘and I’m also ecstatic that you admitted that you liked me.’
‘Don’t bring it up again…’ Jessica pouted.
‘Why not?’
‘Because you have a girlfriend and don’t like me back!’
‘Who said I have a girlfriend? What are you talking about? And obviously I like you, why else would I have been so upset?’ Jonghyun exclaimed.
‘You don’t?’
‘No, I don’t.’
‘What happened to Shin Se Kyung? I remembered that you liked her a lot when we were kids…’
‘We didn’t even know each other when we were kids!’
‘Yes we did! We met once. All of us have met before. It was your birthday!’
‘I forgot…’
‘Everyone forgot… I doubt Yuri remembers meeting Minho…’ Sica mumbled.

‘Of course I remember, unnie,’ Yuri replied without looking back at Jongsica.
‘You do?’
‘Yup! I think it was Jonghyun’s seventh birthday or something… the only time we met all of them before the engagements. I was wearing my favourite lilac dress, remember? The one from when we were little? And Minho’s clothes were very messy by the time we met. His tie was loose and his shirt wasn’t tucked in his pants,’ Yuri said, ‘and he gave me a balloon even though it was his only one. And on our way home, you were very sad.’
‘Wow… I thought everyone forgot.’
‘Just because I don’t talk about it doesn’t mean I forgot…’
‘We’re here!’ Minho announced, talking for the first time since they left the pension house.
Jongsica and Yuri stared in awe at the beautiful clearing. The grass was soft and green, flowers grew here and there.
‘Wow…’
‘So I was thinking that we could all come here tomorrow and have a soccer tournament or something,’ Minho said.
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, ‘trust you to think of playing soccer at such a beautiful place.’

‘You know, I think Sunny noona and Sungmin hyung have been getting along a lot better these days,’ Taemin commented while figuring out his next move.
He and Sungmin were playing chess while Sunny half watched and half read a book.
‘Bwoh?!’ Sunny exclaimed, ‘getting along? Me and Sungmin? Pfft… yeah right…’
‘No, really. I think Sunny noona enjoys Sungmin hyung’s company and I know that Sungmin hyung likes Sunny noona a lot.’
‘This kid…’ Sungmin muttered while blushing, ‘yah! Who said you could come into my room and start saying whatever you want?’
‘But it’s so lonely in my room… everyone else gets to share. And I’m only saying the truth. Hyung is only embarrassed because I revealed his secret.’
‘Then go to Minho or something!’ Sungmin exclaimed, obviously flustered.
‘But when I got to his room, he and Yuri noona were gone. Onew hyung said they went somewhere with Jonghyun hyung and Sica noona. I always get left out… do you really want me to leave?’ he asked with his puppy-dog eyes.
Sungmin sighed, he couldn’t resist the puppy eyes, ‘no, just don’t say any more weird things.’

Onew and Taeyeon walked peacefully along the lake, holding hands. Taeyeon softly began singing under her breath and Onew joined in. Their harmonious singing was interrupted with as splash as Onew slipped and fell into the lake, almost pulling Taeyeon in with him.
‘Onew!’ she cried.
Onew splashed around but managed to get back on dry land.
‘Ah~ I’m soaking,’ he whined.
‘Why are you so clumsy? I get so worried. What am I going to do if one day, you hurt yourself severely?’ Taeyeon scolded.
‘I don’t know… it’s Onew condition… I can’t help it,’ he answered while wringing out his shirt.
‘Aish… come on, we better get you into dry clothes before you catch a cold,’ Taeyeon said and grabbed his hand, leading him back to the pension house.

‘Come on, Kibum!’ Sooyoung cheered, ‘you can beat Wooyoung! I want those pork ribs!’
‘How is it that you haven’t won against a diva?! Come on!’ Tiffany said to Wooyoung.
‘I’m trying… but he is actually pretty strong…’ Wooyoung groaned.
‘Haha, of course I am strong,’ Key laughed.
‘Laugh after you win the arm wrestle, Kibum,’ Wooyoung said.
‘Okay, but I’m going to win. Sooyoung wants those pork ribs so I’m going to get them for her.’
And with that, Wooyoung’s hand smack against the table.
‘Yay! Let’s go eat these outside!’ Sooyoung cheered and lead Key away.
‘Damn!’ Wooyoung frowned and smacked the table, causing Tiffany to jump in shock.
‘Don’t be mad… it was just a game. Besides… I didn’t want the pork ribs anyway…’ Tiffany cooed. 
‘Yeah, but you said you’d give me a kiss if I won,’ Wooyoung pouted.
‘Aww~’ Tiffany crooned and kissed his cheek, ‘for trying your best, my knight in shining armour…’

 

(a/n): i figured i would update more since i'm on holidays for two weeks but this chap is pretty messed up. I have no inspiration and wrote this all on different days.... But i'll try to write better chaps soon~ I'll regather all my ideas and sort everything out. Not to mention, write my chaps all on the same day...

and thanks to BELENETTE for the new poster!!!

Anyways, please do tell me, since i'm gathering info for my new fic, do you prefer SHINee generation more, or Super Generation? Also, should I do one chap on one couple or have a mix of couples in every chap like i do now? Also, for the Super Junior boys who aren't coupled with anyone yet, so for everyone except Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, please couple them up with someone! And give a reason why :D thank you very much. And do you think you'd all read my new fics if they were rated?

Comment and subscribe~~