Our new meeting

The Nine Princesses

‘What am I doing here?’ Yoona stuttered nervously.
‘Yes, you aren’t dressed in maids clothing, so you can’t be any of the hired workers from the village… and your dress looks extremely extravagant and expensive…’ Taecyeon eyed her suspiciously.
‘Umm… well… you see…’ Yoona said nervously, playing with the ends of her sleeves, ‘I well… I’m a princess actually. Princess Yoona, one of King Soo Man and Queen Soomin’s nine daughters.’
‘Oh!’ Taecyeon’s eyes widen with surprise, ‘umm… I didn’t know!! I’m so sorry, Princess Yoona… shi.’
‘It’s fine! You don’t have to speak so formally to me!’ Yoona cried hastily.
‘Of course I have to, Princess. Now if you’ll excuse me, I must help prepare the outdoor tent…’ Taecyeon muttered and turned to leave quickly, he was clearly embarrassed.
‘No you don’t! We’re friends. So stick with Yoona! That day we were playing around the streets so we were dressed normally, I’m sorry for deceiving you and not telling you the truth! But please don’t stop being my friend just because I’m a Princess.’
‘Arasso, don’t get upset,’ Taecyeon said quickly when he saw Yoona was close to tears.
‘Good! Because all my friends that weren’t royal stopped treating me normally when they found out that I was a princess, and they found it a burden or used me. I don’t want to lose another friend, okay? I had a really fun time when you walked with me around the village until I found my sisters!’ Yoona blurted out and hugged Taecyeon.
‘Uhh… okay, I promise I won’t,’ Taecyeon said awkwardly and patted her back before relaxing and returning the hug.

‘These dresses are so uncomfortable!’ Hyoyeon whined as she and her sisters walked down the hallway towards the Main Palace Hall.
‘Stop whining. Other princesses have to wear these dresses all the time, like Gyuri. We’re lucky that we don’t have to!’ Sooyoung snapped, obviously also irritated at the itchy lace.
Seohyun rolled her eyes and ignored her sisters, ‘unnie, where will all the guests be staying?’ she asked Taeyeon.
‘They can fit all the guests in the Opal Palace and Gem Palace, some will stay in the spare rooms at the Main Palace but not many because it’s really just our family only, like the Jewel Palace.’
‘Ohh…’ Seohyun nodded, ‘makes sense.’
‘I  don’t have a clue about what they are going on about,’ Yoona whispered to Yuri.
‘Me neither,’ Yuri whispered back.
‘We’re here!!’ Tiffany sang when they arrived outside the massive doors to the Main Palace Hall.
‘I heard the rest of your fiancées would be here to attend the Royal Meeting so you all get to meet them!’ Sica cried.
‘Yay!!’ Hyoyeon cheered, ‘I’ve been waiting for ages to see who it is!!’
‘Noo!!! I don’t want this!!’ Seohyun cried.  
‘Calm down. You can’t be too sure until you meet him can you? He might be a really nice and intelligent person,’ Taeyeon told Seohyun as she pushed open the grand double doors to the Main Palace Hall, ‘urgh… girls, can you help me with this? It’s too heavy and won’t open!’

All nine of the princesses began pushing the door but it was too heavy. The doors were, after all, wider than all of them put together, and about 4 times Sooyoung’s height. They were made out of extremely heavy materials and the golden handles did not help.  
‘Why aren’t the doormen here to open the door for us?!’ Sica huffed.
‘Because they have to help get everyone who is arriving settled in!’ Sunny replied.
‘Stop talking! Just push!!’ Hyoyeon cried.
‘Omona! Do you need some help?!’ Taemin asked when he approached them, dressed in his finest clothing.
‘Yes please!’ Tiffany said.
‘Okay, let’s all push at the same time. One, two, three!’ Taemin yelled.
They all pushed with all their might but it did not move an inch.
‘It doesn’t make a difference if Taemin helps! He’s just as strong as we are!’ Sooyoung said.
‘Yah!’ Taemin cried, ‘it’s not my fault! Why do you guys even have such a heavy door?’
‘I don’t know!!’

‘Hey, there’s the other girls!’ Yoona yelled excitedly when she saw their cousins.
‘Yah! Yah! Help us with the door!’ Yuri said.
‘Oh, not that door again!! I’ve had bad experiences with this door every time I visit your palace,’ Victoria said.
‘Why?!’
‘Because the doormen are always helping our maids and stuff carrying our luggage so therefore, I always have to try open it myself when I have to come and greet you guys.’
‘Ohh…’ Sunny nodded.
‘Anyway, should we try this all together?’ Seungyeon asked them all.
‘Yes!!’
‘Okay, on the count of three,’ Taemin ordered, ‘one, two, three!!’
They all pushed and pushed but nothing happened.
‘Did I tell you guys, I hate your door?’ Jiyoung said.
‘Nope, but I totally understand why,’ Hyoyeon said.

They all leant against the door, contemplating if they should try again or wait for the doormen to arrive, which could take ages. Just as Luna was about to suggest one of her brilliant ideas, the door opened with ease and they all fell down in a heap.
‘Omona! It worked!’ Taemin cried.
‘We’re not that heavy!!’ Krystal cried.
‘Owww!!’
‘Son of a bi-,’ Hyoyeon stopped when she saw Minho standing next to her.
‘Uhh… I meant…,’ Hyoyeon stuttered.
Minho laughed and helped Yuri up before giving Hyoyeon a hand.
‘See! It was because we were all leaning against the door that it opened!’ Taemin jumped around excitedly.
‘No it wasn’t, Tae. Minho was just going out to check where you guys were since it was taking a while, and when he opened the door, you all fell through,’ Jonghyun said.
‘Really?! How did you manage to open the door by yourself when all of us couldn’t do it together?!’ Yuri asked Minho.
‘Because I’m strong,’ Minho grinned as Yuri punched his chest angrily.
‘I’m strong too!!’ she yelled.
‘Arasso, arasso. I was just joking,’ Minho said and held her hands to keep her from hitting him.

‘Okay, enough door business. We have other things to talk about,’ King Soo Man said from his throne.
‘And what is that?’ Sica asked suspiciously when she saw some men around their age standing in the room.
‘I’ll tell you all after you go sit down on the seats over there,’ King Soo Man said, ‘except for Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Tiffany. You girls just stand there for a minute.’
‘Ohh… I know what this is about!’ Tiffany squealed happily to herself.
‘But there aren’t enough seats for all of us! And the doormen aren’t around to get more seats,’ Sunny said.
‘Well, the ones of you with fiancées can share can’t you?’ he asked.
Sica rolled her eyes, ‘you just want grandchildren soon. But you know what? It’s not going to happen!’
Jonghyun stopped her from saying anymore when he covered with his hand and dragged her to the extravagant velvet covered chair. He sat down and pulled her down onto his lap.
‘Yah! What are you doing?!’ she snapped when he removed his hand.
‘What do you think I’m doing? We’re engaged, no problem. Why do you have to complain? Yuri is happily sitting on Minho and even Sooyoung didn’t complain! Or Key!’
‘Hey!! What is that supposed to mean?!’ Sookey cried at the same time.
‘And Yoona gets her own seat!! She and Nichkhun got the double seat so she doesn’t have to sit on him!! Yoona! Swap with your unnie’ Sica cried.
‘No!’ Yoona said stubbornly and looked away.
The girls’ cousins laughed at the couples’ childishness before sitting down on their own chairs.

‘I guess you all know what the news is already,’ Queen Soomin said.
‘Of course we know!’ Taeyeon smiled.
‘Ah well, then, might as well get straight to the point,’ King Soo Man said.
‘Seohyun, this is the Royal academic scholar, Kyuhyun from the Keito region. We thought that he’d match your personality the best and therefore, you both will be getting married. Hyoyeon, you’ve probably already met Prince Eunhyuk. You will get along quite well I think, especially with the common interest in dancing. Lastly, this is Prince Wooyoung, from the Kiata Royal family. Tiffany, please get along with him,’ King Soo Man introduced all of them one by one.
‘All my girls are now officially engaged!’ Queen Soomin said sadly, ‘now what am I going to do? I’m going to be so lonely when they all get their own palaces!’
‘Don’t worry, mum. You still have my mother and Queen Hana and the rest to keep you company. I’m sure they’ll be lonely too when their sons leave,’ Jonghyun said.
‘Since when did you start calling my mother, mum?’ Sica cried as she turned around on his lap to look at him.
‘Well, she is my mother-in-law. Oh, and Sica baby? I have a surprise for you, meet my after the Grand First Dinner in your garden, okay?’ Jonghyun said.
‘Ewww!! Don’t call me that!’ she said, ‘Fany, did you hear what he called me? Fany?’

Tiffany was lost in her own world, staring at Wooyoung, ‘so handsome…’ she murmured. Prince Wooyoung chuckled in amusement, “this is going to be fun” he thought.
Beside Prince Wooyoung, Kyuhyun was trying his best to avoid eye-contact with Seohyun. To him, she was the most beautiful and too intimidating. Why would a princess like her want to marry a lowly orphaned scholar like him? Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk however, were glaring furiously at each other. They’d never gotten along, and everyone knew it. Things were going to start getting chaotic with all the new fiancées around, weren’t they?

 

(a/n): i know, late update! I'm sorry! and i promise more drama coming up! i love all my readers so i want to say, thank you all very much!! :D

comment and subcribe~~