Settle In

The Nine Princesses

Onew grinned sheepishly at the group while rubbing the back of his neck.
‘Sorry we’re late,’ he said as the others appeared from behind him.
‘Unnie!’ the girls exclaimed as they ran over to Taeyeon, Tiffany and Yoona.
‘Hey,’ Tiffany laughed as Jessica and Seohyun pulled her into a big bear hug, ‘when did you guys become so happy to see me?’
‘Because we were worried about you!’ Seohyun cried.
‘We thought something happened to all of you since you were supposed to be here hours ago,’ Jessica said.
‘Yeah well, we bumped into a minor problem,’ Nichkhun explained, looking over at Onew.
‘Hey, it’s not entirely Onew’s fault,’ Taeyeon said once she’d pulled out of Sunny and Hyoyeon’s hug.
‘Not entirely, but mainly,’ Wooyoung said with his back to everyone as he unpacked the massive bags they’d carried there, ‘if only we’d all stopped fighting and worked together, we’d probably have been here earlier.’
‘Well we didn’t, so there is no point in saying “if only…” now so let’s just forget about it,’ Yoona said as Yuri and Sooyoung continued to hug her tightly.
‘Mmm,’ Nichkhun and Wooyoung mumbled, not looking at anyone else.

‘What? Are you guys still angry that I forgot the way and lost the map?’ Onew asked.
Wooyoung sighed, ‘well we wouldn’t have been surrounded by the rebels if you didn’t.’
‘But I can’t help it!’ Onew yelled.
‘Guys!’ Key exclaimed, ‘let’s just forget about it okay? It’s nobody’s fault because everyone did something wrong.’
‘And what exactly did I do wrong?’ Wooyoung asked.
‘We were supposed to remember our routes to the safe house off by heart. If you needed to reply on Onew and a map, then that means you didn’t do your job right,’ Key said.
‘Actually…’ Onew mumbled, ‘they did remember, but I kept insisting that we turn left at the intersection but they knew it was to the right. I was stubborn so we went my way and got lost. And then we were surrounded by rebels and it took us a while to break away from them.’
Jonghyun sighed, ‘well, main thing is that we’re all here safe so let’s not talk about it anymore.’
Everyone nodded solemnly. The new arrivals were debriefed about the emergency and the safe house quickly while the others went back to relaxing.

Sooyoung’s stomach grumbled loudly and she groaned as if in pain. Key ran over to her frantically and asked, ‘what’s wrong?’
‘Soooo… hungry…’ Sooyoung moaned.
Key groaned, ‘you got me worried because of that? Geez… just wait a while. I’ll prepare dinner.’
Key went to the pantry and got the cold rice and other ingredients needed from kimbap. There wasn’t much to choose from since they only had raw foods and vegetables and fruit. In addition, they couldn’t go outside and cook meat because the smoke would attract attention.

Once everyone had eaten, they sat together in a circle on the floor for a group meeting. It was dark and the only light came from the candles they’d lit, making their faces seem eerily spooky.
‘What we need to discuss is rules on how we’re going to live down in this makeshift house and survive,’ Taeyeon said.
‘And how to ration the amount of food we eat,’ Wooyoung added, glancing at Sooyoung.
Nichkhun added, ‘and how we’re going to deal with any conflict.’
‘Not to mention escape plans down pat,’ Minho said.
‘Right, so we know the agenda so let’s start with general rules,’ Sunny said.
‘Keep quiet at all times and within sight of at least another person,’ Jonghyun said.
‘And if we hear anything upstairs, we go silent and stop everything we’re doing.’
‘Don’t forget our main objective,’ Minho exclaimed, ‘the princesses come first. So if someone finds our hideout, getting the princesses out is top priority.’
‘Definitely,’ Onew confirmed.
Taeyeon rolled her eyes but moved on, ‘anything else?’
‘Not that I can think of,’ Tiffany concluded.

Sooyoung smiled, ‘next is food!’
‘Yeah, but we’re talking about rationing the amount we eat,’ Key told her.
Sooyoung pouted, ‘oh…’
‘Don’t worry,’ Eunhyuk said, ‘there’s heaps in hope the pantries and if we run out, we can go hunt deer or something. We’ll have a limit on how much we eat but not much that you’ll notice, promise.’
Sooyoung nodded, ‘okay.’
‘How about you can have two snacks per day only not including the three big meals we eat together. And we’ll make lots for our main meals, but we just have to share,’ Yoona suggested.
‘Great idea!’ Sooyoung exclaimed.
‘Well, since the shikshin is satisfied, I think we can move onto the next topic,’ Yuri said.

Soon they had discussed everything there was to discuss and were all tired. Sungmin and Kyuhyun rolled out several futons that were stored in and cupboard while Nichkhun and Taemin organised the pillows and blankets for everyone. The futons were laid out next to each other in the master bedroom near one of the escape tunnels. All of them were facing the door for protection purposes. Once the futons were made, everyone crawled under the covers and immediately fell asleep except for Jessica, Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk and Wooyoung. Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk and Wooyoung were sitting outside in the lounge room where the stairs to the decoy house was. They were on watch for an hour and a half so they played cards by candlelight waiting for the time where they could wake the next three on watch up.

Jessica, on the other hand, laid awake staring at the ceiling. She was worried and her mind just couldn’t stop thinking about all the things happening. She was most worried for everyone who wasn’t in hiding and was possibly being hurt by the rebels. Unable to stand it anymore, she reached out for Jonghyun’s hand.
‘Sica?’ he whispered.
‘Oh! You’re awake!’ she cried.
‘Mmm… what’s wrong?’ he asked, ‘and don’t say nothing.’
Sica hesitated, ‘I just can’t fall asleep… my mind just keeps running and worrying about everything happening outside and to all the people who aren’t safe.’
‘It’s not something to worry about. The army may be outnumbered, but reinforcements will soon arrive and we’ll defeat the rebels. Everyone will be safe in no time. And you’re not helping by not sleeping,’ he said.
‘You’re right. There’s nothing I can do with a sleepy mind. I’ll rest and maybe think of a way to help when I wake up,’ she nodded, ‘goodnight, Jonghyun,’ she added.
‘Goodnight.’

 

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!!!

okay guys, thanks for taking the time to read this even though it may not be as important as i made it out to be. There are a few things I'd like to tell you all :D Firstly, I know it's been a while since i've updated and it is also a crappy chapter but these days i'm really busy. example, i should be doing homework right now for tomorrow but nvm, i really wanted to update. but since exams will be coming up in a couple of weeks, it may be hard for me to update, so this is a warning and an apology in advance. I'm really sorry, please don't unsubscribe!!

Secondly, I was wondering if any of you had tumblr. I was thinking about making an account, i may blog about daily life or whatever but i was thinking i'd also do special chaps especially for my followers or never-before-seen chaps from these stories or even one-shots. also, followers could ask for updates and i may update sooner. what do you all think? In addition, i will be going to the sydney kpop concert so i was thinking about uploading photos or videos... what do you all think? would you follow?

And also, my upcoming story has gone underway. This is the first EVER kpop story i will be writing a drift for, as well as editing before updating. It is well planned out and maybe after I've written about 5 drift chaps I will upload the first chap so that way, i am ahead and can update frequently. Please look forward to it. It will be out SOON!!!!

lastly, i've lost some subscribers and am very sad... (not really and important note but thought you should know how i am right now :D)

okay, off to do maths homework nowwww.... im not going to have time for english so i'll wing it :D bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

BYE~~~~ I will update soon with something better when i have time. love you all

Comment and subscribe~