1000th Birthday

The Nine Princesses

Seohyun sighed as she drank a glass of milk. She stood in the mini-kitchen that was next to the large lounge/bedroom that connected all the princesses’ bedrooms together, like a dorm.

If you were to stand in the middle of the large lounge room, facing the kitchen where Seohyun was, you’d see to your right, a large double door which was pearly white and outlined with gold, and written in the centre of the door was JS&TF, indicating that the room belonged to Sica and Tiffany. Behind you, were two double doors, both exactly identical to the first, except for the gold writing in the middle. The one closest to Sica and Fany’s door had TY&SN written on it, aka Taeyeon and Sunny. The other, was HY&SH, the room that Hyoyeon and Seohyun shared. And finally, on your left, the double doors taking up most of the wall space had SY&YR&YN  written elegantly on it. Obviously, from the sound of banging and thumping, the three princesses that resided in there were awake, most likely having a pillow fight.

Seohyun put her finished glass of milk in the sink and walked towards the only room that had three princesses sharing, and the only one that would ever make this much noise in the morning. As she entered the room, she was confronted by the sight of three of her older sisters, the ones closet to her age, jumping on the incredibly large bed that they shared, and throwing pillows at each other. To her surprise, one of the pillows came flying towards her, hitting her in the face.
‘Oomph,’ she groaned when the pillow hit her, obviously one of her sisters didn’t know her own strength.

‘Ohh!! Sorry Seohyun, didn’t know you were there!’ Sooyoung exclaimed, jumping off the bed and over to the maknae.
‘Omo, don’t tell Taeyeon unnie, kay? We’re already in enough trouble as it is,’ Yoona tried coaxing the younger one.
‘You wouldn’t be in that much trouble if you behaved, unnie,’ Seohyun said.
‘It’s hard to behave, it’s not like we do it on purpose,’ Yuri smiled.
‘Sure you don’t… anyways, if you don’t want me to tell, go wake up the other unnies,’ Seohyun said.
‘YES, SIR!’ they cheered and ran out of their room.

Sooyoung ran towards the kitchen first.
‘Unnie!! You’re supposed to wake them up first, not eat!!’ Seohyun complained.
‘I’m not eating!! I’m going to wake Sica unnie up!!’ Sooyoung shouted back, grabbing cucumbers out of the fridge.
‘Oh, right…’ Seohyun mumbled when she saw the cucumbers.

‘Unnie~, Unnie~,’ Yoona whined in her throaty baby voice.
Sunny groaned, turning over in her bed. Taeyeon buried her head under her covers, trying to block her out.
Yoona continued the annoying voice and began pulling their pillows out from under their heads.
‘Yoona! Shut up!’ Sunny shouted.
‘Wow, someone loses all their aegyo when they’re grumpy,’ Yoona grumbled.

Yuri jumped up and down on Hyoyeon’s bed. It was the only method to wake Hyoyeon up. And soon enough, Hyoyeon ripped off her covers and began chasing the younger girl around the room.
‘Unnie!!! Help me!!’ Yuri shouted.

Sometime later, the girls had managed to all get up and eat breakfast, and were now heading out to the Royal Palace Gardens to join in the festivities that everyone in the palace was celebrating. As you see, it was the 1000th birthday of the Main Royal Palace, and all the important people from the country and the ones surrounding it were invited to join in the week long festivities that began today.

‘Unnie, Prince Onew is staring at you~,’ Fany teased as they walked towards their father and Kings from other countries who were sitting in the midst of the celebrations.
Taeyeon blushed and looked at Onew shyly, ‘no he’s not Fany, stop saying weird things.’
‘Ohh… Unnie likes Onew Oppa, Unnie likes Onew Oppa,’ her siblings teased.
‘Oppa? Since when was he your Oppa?’ Taeyeon asked.
‘Since he’s engaged to you and will be our oldest brother-in-law~’ Hyoyeon sang.
‘Let’s just hurry and introduce ourselves to Father’s friends, then we can go watch the celebrations,’ Taeyeon said while blushing.
‘Whatever you say~’

‘Girls, these friends of mine, who are Kings of near-by countries, are also brothers and I shall introduce them to you, this is King Goh who is Prince Jonghyun’s father, this is King Kim who is Prince Key’s father. This gentleman here is King Choi, Prince Taemin and Prince Min… ahh… I mean, Prince Sungmin’s father. And this here, is King Dong, he has a son who will be engaged to Sunny,’ their Father said.
Sunny gasped, ‘I already have a fiancée?’
‘Yes.’
‘Umm… Father, before, when you said Prince Taemin and Prince Sungmin’s names, you said someone’s name in between,’ Seohyun said before Sunny could object to the engagement.
‘Ahh… I made a mistake. Sometimes, when you know all the Royal families, you can get their children mixed up,’ their father tried to laugh it off.
‘You never make mistakes when it comes to family trees.’

‘Fine, King Choi has another son, but I’ll introduce him to you later, when we all agree that it is the right time,’ the King said.
‘WHY?!’ Yoona whined.
King Soo Man knew just how annoying and stubborn his second youngest daughter was, and knew he had to give her an answer that she’d accept.
‘Because it’s for Yuri’s sake, okay? You don’t want your sister hurt do you?’ the King said.
‘Ahh… if he’d dangerous to Yuri, then don’t ever bring him over, kay?!’ Yoona shouted before dragging her sisters off.
‘You have very energetic daughters,’ King Goh said.
‘A little too energetic, hopefully your sons can deal with them. Most princesses their age sit quietly and sew and other stuff, but these children run around everyday… it’s amazing that you thought my daughters were worthy of your sons who could’ve married well behaving princesses like Princess Krystal and Princess Victoria.’

The princesses separated to enjoy the celebrations. Sooyoung, of course, went to visit all the food stalls that were around the enormous Palace garden, which was more like a large forest without all the trees. Taeyeon was watching a lady sing on stage when Prince Onew came and asked her if she wanted to go for a walk with him, she’d said yes. Bring the book-nerd that she was, Seohyun was sitting away from the festivities at the large gazebo reading a new release from her favourite author. Tiffany and Sica had gone to look at all the stalls where people were selling things from all different countries. Hyoyeon was peacefully watching dancers gracefully move across the stage, and Sunny was admiring the stall with jewellery and stuffed toys. Yoona and Yuri were watching the dragon dancing, but they’d been separated and Yoona was now watching it alone.

When the princesses were young, the King had given them each a large proportion of the Royal Palace Gardens. They were not forbidden from each other’s gardens, but the owner of the garden was in charge of everything, so you could not stomp on her flowers when you were angry, like Tiffany had done to Sica when she stole her candy. As the other gardens were not out of bounds, the princesses frequently visited their sisters’ garden for tea parties when they were young, but did not know every inch of the garden, and for that, Yuri was glad. She knew her sisters never went past her main gazebo and so, she knew they’d never find her hiding spot, which was where she was headed now.

Yuri crossed over the bridge, that lead to the furthest part of the garden, and walked into a mini-forest that lay next to the flowing river. This part of the garden was the most beautiful. The trees and flowers bloomed all year and there were thousands of different coloured butterflies flying around, not to mention the amazing birds that lived in the trees. This garden always a source of comfort for her, a place to relax. She turned to sit on her carved white Japanese style bench when she spotted someone already occupying her favourite bench.
‘General Choi Minho?!’

‘You sure do eat a lot, don’t you?’ someone asked Sooyoung who was eating another dumpling.
Sooyoung jumped as she turned around, and came face to face with her fiancée, Prince Key.
‘Oh, it’s you,’ she said through a mouthful of food.
‘What do you mean, “oh, it’s you”?’ Key asked indignantly.
‘Nothing… nothing at all,’ Sooyoung said.
‘Hmmm…’ Key squinted his eyes at her.
‘What? Do I have something on my face?’
‘No. Would you mind if I accompany you while you eat?’ Key asked.
Sooyoung narrowed her eyes, not really wanting to have someone eating with her.
‘I’ll pay?’ Key tried to bribe her.
‘Okay! Let’s go!! What are you waiting for?’ Sooyoung smiled, walking towards the next food stall.
‘What a simple minded girl…’ Key muttered before following her.

Sooyoung and Key walked past a bickering Sunny and Sungmin, not stopping once to see what the problem was.
‘Ewww… what kind of aegyo is that?!’ Sunny cried, ‘I can’t believe I have to let Yuri marry you. I’m better that you!’
‘No!! I’m better!’
‘No me!!’
And so, the two continued arguing, not realising the spark between each other.

 

(a/n): I updated again!! :) ahh... i don't know if this chap is interesting but... i'll try my best ^^

comment and subscribe~