Onew's cousins

The Nine Princesses

‘Prince Onew, Mother invited you to lunch, yes?’ Yoona looked at Onew sweetly.
‘Yes, she invited me for lunch with your whole family, and I’m going to be late if I don’t leave, same as you two,’ Onew said with authority, despite the fact that he had stumbled a bit on the stairs as he spoke.
‘Well, the thing is, the place for lunch has been changed because the hall has to be prepared for guests arriving tonight, I hope you don’t mind. We have to take you to the dining room, Mother sent us here,’ Yuri smiled at Onew angelically.
‘Ohh… okay… umm… where is Princess Taeyeon?’ Onew asked, following Yoonyul who were leading the way down the massive hallway in the main part of the Royal Palace.
Yoonyul looked at each other mischievously, ‘ohh… looking for your fiancée are you??’ they teased.
‘Uhh… no… nothing like that… I was just wondering,’ Onew blushed and slightly tripped over his feet.
‘Haha, don’t hide it. Taeyeon unnie is very pretty isn’t she?’ Yuri smiled fondly thinking about her sister.
‘Uhh… yes, she is,’ Onew agreed.
‘Yup, she definitely is. That’s why she has so many people asking for her hand in marriage. You should work hard to win her over, you know?’ Yoona said.

Onew gulped, ‘how many?’
‘Well, she’s had five men come and ask to marry her, but she’s had lots of admirers since we were little,’ Yoona said.
Onew began to feel worried, he’d finally found someone that didn’t seem to dislike his clumsiness, but now she could possibly marry someone else?
‘Don’t worry though,’ Yuri reassured when she saw his worried face, ‘you’re the only one she seems to like out of all of them though… that’s why we’re accepting you.’
‘Yup, and usually, the two of us are the hardest to get on your side. The other suitors tried, but they can’t bribe us with candy! We only accept the ones that won’t hurt unnie,’ Yoona smiled proudly.
‘We’ll protect all the unnies! And take out anyone who dares to hurt them,’ Yoonyul said, their faces became threatening and evil.
“Note to self; don’t ever get on these two’s bad side,” Onew thought to himself.

They arrived outside a grand door, Yoonyul indicated for Onew to go first, so he did. As soon as he opened the door, he realised that it was a study room, not the dining room, but it was too late, Yoonyul pushed him in and locked the door.
‘I demand you open the door! Princess Yuri and Yoona!’ Onew shouted in his best Prince voice.
‘Too bad, Prince Onew. Just wait there quietly, your princess will be in there soon,’ they sang before skipping, away, hand-in-hand.

‘Unnie, can you come with me to our study room?’ Seohyun asked Taeyeon who was sitting in front of the mirror, fixing her hair.
‘Why? It’s almost lunch time,’ Taeyeon said, slipping the hair clip into her hair.
‘I just need to get a book, but it’ll be faster if everyone helps look for it. The other unnies are waiting outside to help look for it.’
‘Alright. But how’d you lose your books? You usually look after them,’ Taeyeon said while standing up and walking to the door.
‘Because Yoonyul were reading it together, and they liked the book, so they hid it from me,’ Seohyun whined.
‘I don’t get how people can read together, it annoys me when I have to wait for the other person to finish the page,’ Taeyeon sighed.
‘They’re Yoonyul. They read at the same speed, think the same, do the same,’ Seohyun grumbled.
‘Where are they now? Maybe we can save time by asking where they hid it,’ Taeyeon asked.
‘They hid themselves after hiding my book,’ the maknae pouted.
‘Arasso, I’ll tell them off later.’

Taeyeon, Seohyun, and the other five princesses arrived outside the study room a few minutes later.
‘Hurry, we’re going to be later for lunch,’ Tiffany urged, slightly opening the door and pushing Taeyeon inside.
Taeyeon turned around just in time to see Tiffany close the door and lock it.
‘What are you doing?!’ she shouted.
‘Sorry, unnie. It’s all a plan. We thought you should get to know Prince Onew better. And Yoonyul didn’t do anything to the book, so don’t tell them off later, kay?’ Sunny shouted through the door.
‘Wait!! LEE SUNKYU!!! Open the door this minute!!’ Taeyeon shouted, but the girls had already walked off.

‘So they got you too?’ a voice asked from behind her.
Taeyeon whipped around and saw Prince Onew standing against the large mahogany desk.
‘Oh!’ Taeyeon exclaimed, ‘what are you doing here?’
‘You’re two evil sisters locked me in.’
‘Yoonyul?’
‘Who is Yoonyul?? You have another sister I didn’t know about? I thought 9 was enough,’ Onew said.
‘No, Yoonyul is the nickname we have for Yoona and Yuri. It takes too much effort to say both their names when you’re telling them off,’ Taeyeon explained.
‘They get told off often?’
‘Yes, well, they are masterminds of trouble after all,’ Taeyeon said.
‘Ahh… I see… well, now I know which of your sisters I have to look out for,’ Onew smiled.
“Oh gosh, he’s smile is soooo charming,” Taeyeon thought.
“She really is the prettiest… I wonder if she likes me…” Onew thought.

The other eight princesses walked into the dining room to find their parents waiting for them.
‘You’re late,’ the said bluntly.
‘We had some business to take care of,’ Sunny said, being the third oldest, she’d learnt some evasive skills from Taeyeon.
‘Okay… where is Taeyeon and Prince Onew?’ the Queen asked.
‘They had other arrangements, they are getting to know each other better, so may they please be excused from lunch?’
‘Sure…’
‘YAY!!’ Yoonyul cheered.
‘Girls, you’re princesses, please behave like ones,’ their mother warned them.
‘Impossible!!’ they cried as they sat down.
‘Well, you have to after lunch. Guests are coming and we’d like for you to meet them,’ the King said.
‘Ohh… who?!’ Hyoyeon asked.
‘More of your fiancées. They’re all cousins and are Princes. Did I mention that Prince Onew is their cousin as well?’ their mother asked.
‘Whose fiancées?’ Sooyoung asked through a mouthful of food.
‘Yours, Sica’s and Yuri’s.’
Sooyoung’s spoon dropped onto her plate, Sica snapped out of her daydream, and Yuri froze midway through playing footsies with Yoona.
‘Wait, what?!’ Sica cried.
‘Your fiancées are arriving together, even though they are from different countries.’
‘No way…’

The royal family, excluding Taeyeon, stood at the gates waiting for their guests. Soon, the royal party arrived, full of advisors, servants, drivers, generals and of course, the princes. The princes came down from their horses and walked towards the King and Queen, bowing.
‘Girls, this is Prince Jonghyun, Prince Key, Prince Sungmin and Prince Taemin. Prince Jonghyun will be Sica’s fiancée, Prince Key will be Sooyoung’s and Prince Sungmin will be Yuri’s. As for Taemin, he is Prince Sungmin’s little brother, and insisted on meet his future sister-in-law. Also, with them are General Park Jay and General Choi Minho,’ the Queen said.
‘And Princes, this is, in order of age, Princesses Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. Unfortunately, Princess Taeyeon, the oldest, is spending time with her fiancée, your cousin, Prince Onew,’ the King said.
‘Ohh… Annyong.’
‘So, we’ll leave you to get to know each other, and we’ll get our servants to show yours where you will be staying.’

Soon, only the princesses, princes and generals were left.
Yoona tugged on Tiffany’s sleeve and pouted, ‘I don’t want to give Yuri to this overload of aegyo. He should go with Sunny unnie,’ she said while pointing at Prince Sungmin.
‘You don’t have a choice,’ Tiffany hissed at Yoona while General Minho, Prince Jonghyun and Prince Key openly laughed, while Taemin frowned and Prince Sungmin pouted. General Park Jay just stood there, his facial expressions unchanging.
‘I’m sorry I’m not up to your expectations,’ Prince Sungmin pouted.
‘Wah!! The weirdo is looking at me!!! I don’t want Yuri to go to him!!’ Yoona screamed at Sunny.
‘Yoona! Come on, don’t be like this… omona, Yuri!! Do something,’ Sunny cried.
‘… Uhh… Yoona, shut up,’ Yuri said nervously.
‘You know you don’t want to marry this weirdo… you’re type is more like… General Choi!!’ Yoona exclaimed.
‘Yoong~,’ Yuri elbowed Yoona while blushing.
‘Ahem,’ Minho cleared his throat and looked away.
‘Minho really is handsome isn’t he?? His the best bro-,’ Taemin cried excitedly before getting cut off by Minho.
‘Thank you for that compliment princesses, but I am merely a general accompanying the princes, should we all go inside so you can get to know your future husbands?’ Minho quickly covered up.
‘That’s a great idea!!’ Sunny exclaimed trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.
‘We’ll go rest for a while before we meet up?’ Key suggested.
‘Why?’ Sooyoung asked, anxious to have tea.
‘Because I just got off a smelly horse, I need to shower,’ Key complained.
‘What a diva…’ Sooyoung muttered as they walked away.

‘Key’s taking so long in the shower,’ Jonghyun whined, ‘and we have to meet the princesses in half an hour… I want to smell nice for my princess you know?’
‘Ahh… if only we didn’t have to share a room,’ Taemin sighed.
‘It’s only until the renovations in the north of the palace is done. Besides, it’s because we are all related so we share a room, the other princes get their own. It’s better than having to live in the other Palace and having to travel here every morning,’ reasoned Onew, who had been let out of the study room by maids a few minutes earlier.
‘I guess… but the princesses live in the other Palace as well as this one… I heard they like the other one better because it’s much more peaceful and isn’t surrounded in politics,’ Jonghyun said.
‘True, I’d prefer it too,’ Sungmin sighed.

‘Hyungs, why are you two tricking the princesses, and why did the Queen and King agree?’ Taemin asked.
‘Because what if they only want to marry us because of our power? This way, we can get to know their personalities better without them trying to pretend that they are perfect, just like that Krystal,’ Minho told Taemin.
‘But you never even liked Krystal anyways, you threw a fit when our parents tried to engage you to Krystal, and then you sent spies to find dirt on her so you didn’t have to marry her.’
‘That’s because she had a foul personality, she only wanted my money, and because I want to marry someone I love, not have an arranged marriage,’ Minho explained.
‘Then why did you agree to the engagement to Princess Yuri?’ Taemin asked.
‘Because when he saw her picture that they sent, he fell in love at first sight,’ Key teased from the doorway to the bathroom, freshly bathed.
‘Shut up hyung!’ Minho blushed and hid his face in a pillow.

‘Key!! How did you know?’ Jonghyun asked, suddenly interested.
‘Because he came to me after seeing her photo, and asked me why his heart was beating so fast~’ Key sang.
‘Shut up!’ Minho yelled into his pillow.
‘OHH~ so that’s why Minho and Sungmin hyung exchanged identities!! So they could get to know their true fiancées properly!! Well, Sungmin hyung is taking over Minho hyung’s status but keeping his name, and Minho hyung is pretending to be some general,’ Taemin said.
‘Yes, now keep your mouth shut, if the princesses find out, I’m going to send you home,’ Sungmin said.
‘Do the King and Queen know?’ Taemin suddenly asked, ignoring Sungmin.
‘Yes, they thought it was a good idea. It proved to them that Minho generally wanted to know Yuri, and that he’ll look after one of their most troublesome daughters… and Sungmin could handle their daughter’s overload of aegyo,’ Key informed him.
‘Most troublesome daughter? But she’s a princess, how is she troublesome?’ Taemin asked.
‘You’ll see when we meet them,’ Key smiled.

 

(a/n): SORRY for taking so long to update!! School is busy and I've been updating my other fics!!! SO i updated with an ultra long one!!! hehe~

also, i'm so frustated with something someone said, well, actually, commented to me on youtube, but anyways, i'm FINE~

CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

I'll update more frequently if I can, so don't give up on me!!

:)

Comment and Subscribe~