Chapter 42

Teach Me How To Love

15 Years Later

"Moooooooooooooooooom! We're going to be late!" Sunhee screamed.

"Give me a second! I have to call your dad!" Jieun yelled from upstairs.

Sunhee sighed and crossed her arms in front of her chest while waiting for her mother. Sunhee was Myungsoo's and Jieun's 14 years old daughter. They were in a rush since they had to attend a school party where Sunhee had to sing.

"MOM! I WANT TO TALK TO JASON BEFORE THE SHOW!" Sunhee screamed again.

"Coming, coming." Jieun ran downstairs while putting her earrings on. 

"Hurry up!" Sunhee said as she put her shoes on.

"Okay, okay." Jieun looked at herself in the mirror for the last time.

She had a black dress on and light pink lipstick. Jieun looked slightly different than she did when she was young since she was aging. She was 35 meanwhile. 
Jieun locked the house and walked towards her car. Sunhee was already sitting in the car, waiting eagerly for her mom.

"You gotta show me Jason today." Jieun said as she got into the car.

"NO! That'd be embarrassing!" Sunhee looked at her mom.

"What? Why?" Jieun asked as she started the engine.

"Because! Don't ask me, okay?!" Sunhee rolled her eyes.

"Young lady, stop acting like this! Or I'll call your uncle Sunggyu and tell him to stay in the States!" Jieun warned her daughter.

"Mom, I'm 14, you can't tell me what to do!" 

"Oh you think so? You're grounded!" Jieun said as she looked at the streets.

"MOM!" Sunhee sighed.

"Now stop sighing! It won't take us there any faster!" Jieun glared at her daughter.

"But mommy.... Jason asked me to watch a movie in the cinema with him..." Sunhee pouted.

Sunhee knew that Jieun couldn't resist when she did this face. Jieun sighed.

"Only when you introduce me to him." Jieun said.

"Fiiiiiiiiiine..." Sunhee rolled her eyes and giggled.

After driving for half an hour they finally arrived at the school. Jieun parked the car and they got out. The parents of the other children were also entering the school building along with Jieun and Sunhee. Sunhee saw her friends and waved at them. 

"I'll see you inside mom." Sunhee said as she ran towards her friends.

Jieun sighed and walked into the auditorium. She looked for a seat close to the stage and left a seat empty next to her since Myungsoo was also on his way.
A lot of time passed by before the show started. Just after 5 minutes Myungsoo entered the auditorium and looked for Jieun.

"I'm here!" Jieun whispered as she waved at him.

Myungsoo waved back and hurried next to her. He pecked her lips and sat down.

"Did I miss something?" He whispered and Jieun shook her head.

A few kids danced and showed some magic tricks before it was Sunhee's turn. Jieun clapped excited when she saw her daughter with the mic in her hands.

"Just like her dad." Myungsoo whispered.

"Tch~~ More like her mom... My voice is awesome!" Jieun whispered back and giggled.

Then a very familiar melody for Myungsoo and Jieun started. Myungsoo and Jieun looked at each other.

"Why is she singing their song?" Myungsoo asked.

"I don't know..." Jieun answered as she looked at her daughter.

"Honestly, anyone can say that you’re so beautiful, whenever I see you, filled up in the center of my heart, I think about you and me being together. You always have a clean cut school uniform. In between other guys, you have a sassy/cold attitude. The way you walk and from one to ten, everything about you is so awesome." Sunhee started to rap.

"That's not the song she practiced at home..." Jieun whispered as she looked at her daughter again.

It was Teen Top's First Kiss. The idol group L.Joe formed with his friends from high school. It was the song L.Joe had composed himself.

"I don’t really have anything much but I am looking at you, I know I shouldn’t but I’m leaving my body to my greed. You are my King Midas, I don’t care about taking care of my actions. As soon as I touched your hand, my heart had fallen in love. Please give me the first kiss, give me your trembling hand and trust me and close your eyes, so that my pounding heart will touch you. Please give me the first kiss. Don’t be shy, just embrace me without a word. I want time to stop at this very moment." Sunhee continued.

It was a very old song and Teen Top also disbanned long ago. Rumors said that L.Joe married a girl in the States where he grew up and was living there now. 

"You already got my glance. We kissed for the very first time - Romance - and I felt a kind of different trembling from you. The sense of touch and satisfaction, all the little details, one by one are all in my memory. Whenever I’m having a rough day, on those days, I think of you girl. Now you’ve become a memory that I can never erase. My lover, like the rain drops that fell that evening as time goes by, the yearning that falls in my heart gets thicker."

Sunhee continued singing while Jieun started to think of L.Joe. What was he doing now? Was he happy in the States?

"This song..." Sunhee's voice brought back Jieun to reality.

"This song was written my one of my favorite singers." Sunhee said after finishing the song.

"Favorite singer?" Myungsoo scoffed quietly.

"And this song's story is very beautiful and sad. It's about a boy and a girl who used to date once. They were happy until someone walked into the girls life and she left him for the other boy. The boy who got dumped by his one and only love was very sad. He kept on trying to come back to her but she was gone. Forever. Now she's living happy with him in his memories. I hope you liked this song and I hope you enjoyed my singing. Thank you!" Sunhee bowed and walked downstairs.

Everyone clapped and the show continued. 

"How does she know about L.Joe?" Myungsoo asked Jieun.

"I don't know." She whispered back and sighed.

Myungsoo kissed Jieun's forehead and they continued watching the show. 
After the show they went backstage to see Sunhee.

"DAD!" Sunhee yelled and ran towards Myungsoo.

"Honey~!" Myungsoo opened his arms and Sunhee fell into them.

"You were amazing honey!" Myungsoo said as he kissed Sunhee's hair.

"Thank you dad!" Sunhee smiled.

"Hey, Sunhee." A boy's voice tore them apart.

"J-Jason.." Sunhee blushed.

"Nice song." He smiled at her.

"Did you like it?" Sunhee blushed even more.

"Who's that boy?" Myungsoo asked Jieun as he glared at the boy.

"Her crush..." Jieun whispered back smiling.

"WHAT?!" Myungsoo suddenly screamed.

Sunhee and Jason looked at them.

"We'll be at the bar, looking for some foods. Do you guys want something?" Jieun asked Sunhee and Jason as she held her hand in front of Myungsoo.

"No, thanks." Sunhee blushed.

"Okay, see you later honey!" Jieun said to Sunhee as she pulled Myungsoo away from them.

"Let them be!" Jieun said when they were outside.

"My baby girl is only 14!!! Who's that guy flirting with her? She's still too young!" Myungsoo said angry.

"Calm down honey.... She's 14... She's a teenager now, of course she'll fall in love." Jieun said as she pulled Myungsoo closer to herself.

"But, but..." Myungsoo pouted.

"Don't pout! Or we'll make another baby!" Jieun giggled.

"Better continue pouting then." Myungsoo smirked.

"Not now..." Jieun hit slightly his lips and walked back inside.

"Honey, I have to use the toilette for a second. Wait for me at the bar." Myungsoo said and Jieun nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo flushed and walked out of the cabin and stopped in his tracks when he saw him in front of the mirror, fixing his hair.

"Some things never change..." Myungsoo said as he walked next to the oh-so-familiar guy and washed his hands.

"Oh, look who's here. My old best friend." He said ironically.

"What are you doing here?" Myungsoo asked him without answering him.

"I'm here because of my son... You?" He said.

"Son? You married?" Myungsoo asked him.

"Well yes... I wanted to invite you guys, but I thought that Jieun couldn't take the flight to the States when she's pregnant, you know..." He shrugged.

"Oh thanks for your considerations." Myungsoo scoffed.

"But you didn't answer my question, Kim Myungsoo. Or should I call you L?" He smirked.

"Shut up." Myungsoo dried his hands and was about to walk away when he talked again.

"What? You got the love of my life... Scared that she'll leave you for me? She left me for you!" He scoffed.

Myungsoo turned around and looked at him.

"She only followed her heart..." Myungsoo said and walked away.

He quickly walked to the bar and looked for Jieun. When he spotted her, he hugged her and kissed her neck.

"W-What are you doing?" Jieun asked surprised.

"Nothing..." Myungsoo smiled.

"What are you eating?" Myungsoo asked her.

"This... Oh my god, you have to try this! It tastes amazing!" Jieun said as she put the food into Myungsoo's mouth.

A few hours passed by and Sunhee looked for her parents. She wanted to introduce Jason to them so badly. Jason's dad was also with them. He wanted to know his son's girlfriend's parents too. Sunhee and Jason started to go out since a few hours.

"MOM!" Sunhee yelled when she spotted her mom. 

Jieun turned around and saw Sunhee walking towards them while holding a boy's hand. It was Jason.

"Honey! Oh my god are you dating?" She blurted out and Sunhee blushed and nodded.

"Mom, dad, that's my boyfriend and this is his father." Sunhee said as she pointed at the boy next to her and the man behind them.

Jieun's eyes widened when she saw Jason's dad and Myungsoo started to glare at them.

"Mom...?" Sunhee looked at her mother. 

She was looking at the man and the man was staring back.

"So it's true..." Jieun said as she smiled slightly.

"It's been a while..." Jason's dad said.

"Yes... Joe..." Jieun said as her eyes filled slightly with tears.

"Mom, we'll be leaving then." Sunhee said and she walked away with Jason.

"So, our kids are dating now?" Jieun said as she looked pass L.Joe to Sunhee and Jason.

"Looks like that..." L.Joe nodded.

"Where's your wife?" Jieun asked L.Joe.

"We lost her last year..." He said as he looked down.

"Oh my god... I'm sorry." Jieun suddenly felt bad. She wanted to hug him but she knew it was inappropriate to do so.

Myungsoo looked at them and sighed.

"I'll be looking for... more food then..." Myungsoo said.

"Okay, do that." Jieun nodded and Myungsoo walked away leaving Jieun and L.Joe alone.

"How have you been?" L.Joe asked her.

"Good... You?" She asked him as they slowly walked towards the exit.

"Me too..." L.Joe nodded.

"It wasn't just a rumor that you married in the States?" Jieun asked him.

"No, it wasn't. She was my childhood friend before I moved to Korea..." He explained.

"I see... I didn't know that you grew up in the States..." Jieun said.

They were outside now and the moon was shining. They sat down at the school's park bench and continued to talk.

"I didn't want people to know..." He smiled slightly.

Than they sat there quietly. None of them knew what to say.

"I've missed you... As my best friend..." Jieun said and L.Joe looked at her.

"I've missed you too... As my lover." L.Joe said and Jieun looked away.

"Maybe in our next lives..." Jieun started but L.Joe interrupted her.

"I know you don't believe in a next life... Don't say that and make me set my hopes up high..." L.Joe said as he bit his lower lip.

"I'm sorry that I can't give you the thing you want. I'm sorry for only giving you pain." She said.

"I learned to live with it... Mary helped me to forget you a little... But you never vanished completely. You were always somewhere in the dark corners of my mind. After Mary died there was nothing left except for Jason to distract me from the thoughts of you... But I've learned to live with it... Now I'm only living for my son." He said as he smiled slightly. 

"I'm sorry." Jieun said again.

"Don't be sorry... I'm thankful to you." He looked up and smiled at her.

"Why?" Jieun asked confused.

"Remember the last day I saw you? You said you'd hate me... Thanks to this I was able to move on." He smiled.

"Ah..." Jieun just said.

She wanted to say that she didn't really mean it but he would only get hopes, so Jieun stopped herself.

"It got cold... Wanna go inside?" She asked him as she stood up.

"Sure..." He got up as well and they walked inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Years Later

"Mom, I can't find my red dress!" Sunhee walked into Jieun's and Myungsoo's bedroom.

"It's in your wardrobe... Look again." Jieun said as she fixed Myungsoo's clothes.

"But it's not there!" Sunhee pouted and walked out.

"I always thought that Namgrease would get married first among the boys..." Myungsoo said as he looked at Jieun.

"Even if he's last... At least he's marrying..." Jieun smiled at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo Jieun's hair.

"You're so pretty..." Myungsoo smiled.

"I'm old.... I'm 38 years old... What's pretty about me?" Jieun sighed.

"Everything... From the grey flick of your hair to your pretty eyes... I love everything about you." Myungsoo whispered and kissed Jieun's only grey flick of hair.

"I love you too." She said as she hugged him back.

"FOUND IT!" They heard Sunhee yelling and they giggled as they let each other go.

Then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it..." Myungsoo said.

"It must be Jason... Don't be hard on him, you know!" Jieun giggled.

Myungsoo let out a long sigh.

"It's been 3 years now... I'm used to him." Myungsoo shook his head and walked downstairs.

Jieun walked into Sunhee's room and saw her looking at herself in the mirror.

"How do I look?" Sunhee turned around and looked at her mom.

"Beautiful!" Jieun smiled at the door.

Sunhee's long black hair was shining from the sunbeams that entered the room from her window. The red, tight dress was emphasizing her beautiful curves.

"Mom?" Sunhee suddenly walked towards Jieun.

"Hm?" Jieun looked at her daughter.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Sunhee asked Jieun as she wiped Jieun's tears away.

"I am?.......... Oh." Jieun quickly wiped her tears away.

"You grew up so fast... and beautiful..." Jieun hugged her daughter.

"Oh mom... I'll always be your little girl!" Sunhee hugged her mom back.

"Let's go down... I think Jason came." Jieun said and they let each other go.

"He did?" Sunhee asked excited.

"You guys have been dating for 3 years now and you still get excited when someone mentions his name." Jieun giggled and shook her head.

"What about dad and you? You guys are married for like 20 years and you're still like young lovers!" Sunhee giggled.

"Go down, go down." Jieun laughed.

"I'm right, right?" Sunhee giggled and walked downstairs.

Jason was waiting for Sunhee at the stairs. His eyes widened when he saw her.

"You... You look beautiful!" Jason said.

Myungsoo coughed and glared at Jason. Jieun looked at Myungsoo and shook her head. 'What?' Myungsoo mouthed as he shrugged.

"Thank you." Sunhee blushed.

"Let's go?" Jason held his hand out for Sunhee.

"Let's go." Sunhee smiled and took his hand.

"Who's driving?" Myungsoo asked as he crossed his arms.

"My dad. He's also coming to the wedding." Jason explained.

"We'll see you there." Sunhee waved at her parents when she left the house with Jason.

He held her hand until they reached the car.

"My princess." Jason smiled as he opened the door for her.

"Thank you." She got in and Jason got next to her.

"Hey, Sunhee." L.Joe smiled at her.

"Hello uncle Byunghun." Sunhee smiled.

"You look like your mom... Just as pretty as her when she was young." L.Joe smiled at her.

"Really? Everyone says I look like my dad..." Sunhee smiled.

"No, believe me. You look like your mom." L.Joe smiled and started the engine and drove off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do." Woohyun said.

"You may kiss the bride." The pastor said and Woohyun kissed Amber.

Then Amber stepped forward with her bouquet of flowers and turned her back to the girls who were waiting for her to throw it. Every girl on the wedding was standing except for Sunhee. She was sitting next to Jason and holding his hand.

"Why aren't you standing among them?" Jason asked her.

"I don't believe in this... And besides I found my man..." Sunhee smiled at Jason.

Amber threw the bouquet and it landed on Sunhee's lap. The girls who were standing pouted and walked back to their seats. Sunhee took the bouquet and looked at it surprised.

"I think I know who's marrying next." Dongwoo said who was sitting next to Sunhee and Jason.

"Not before I die." Sunggyu said from behind.

"Uncle Sunggyu!" Sunhee pouted.

"Kidding... But finish school first! It's hard to find a decent job when you don't even have your highschool degree..." Sunggyu said.

"Who's marrying?" Myungsoo suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Dad...." Sunhee said as she quickly threw the bouquet away.

Jieun catched it and gave it back to her.

"Kim Myungsoo, I think we agreed on this." Jieun glared playfully at him.

"I knoooow.... But she's still my baby girl..." Myungsoo sighed as he looked at Sunhee.

"Oh dad!" Sunhee got up and hugged him.

"Heyyo what's up?" L.Joe walked towards them.

"Daaaaaaaaaaad...." Jason sighed.

"It's okay, we're all old friends..." Jieun said as she smiled towards him.

"Friends, oh right..." Sungyeol said ironically.

"Hey!" Cap playfully hit him.

"That's still my job!" Myungsoo said as he started to hit Sungyeol.

"Let's go..." Jason whispered to Sunhee as he took her hand and pulled her away from the group.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!" Sungjong yelled.

"Don't interfere!" Ricky held Sungjong back.

"At least we're not in the church..." Changjo shook his head next to Jieun.

"Some things never change..." Jieun said and they giggled.

"What are you laughing?" Hoya asked Changjo and grabbed his collar playfully.

"Let Changjo go!" Chunji said to Hoya and pulled Changjo away.

Jieun giggled as she looked at the boys. Although they were all around 40 years old, they still acted like the 19 years old boys in highschool Jieun used to know. 
Where would they be in the next 20 years? Would they still fight playfully with each other? 
Jieun had to wait for the answer. She had to wait 20 years more.

"Okay, guys. That's enough!" Jieun giggled as she pulled them away.

"I'm hungry." She said and the boys stopped fighting and looked at her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: THE END *cries* even if it took like months >_<

i hope you really enjoyed this story just as much as i enjoyed writing it~ 

i will miss this story and you guys! ;~; 

if you liked this story then check out my second story Re-Love and subscribe to it if you like it ^^

for now; take good care! I love you all! ;~;