Chapter 5

Teach Me How To Love

 

“How much longer do I have to do this?“ L.Joe whispered while trying to solve his math’s exam.

Jieun looked up. She was feeling really tired and exhausted. The teacher was sitting in the front revising some math exams from other classes. Jieun turned around and looked at L.Joe. He had his hand as his fist while his head was resting on it. He let out a sigh and a strand of his hair flew a little bit into the air before going back to its original position. Jieun smiled and looked back at her papers. She had solved only 19 problems out of 35.

“Ya, Jieun, did you solve number 18?” L.Joe tapped her arm while looking at the teacher in case he would look up and see L.Joe cheating.

Jieun nodded and passed him slowly her papers, so he could quickly write down her answer.

“You only have 30 minutes left, class! I suggest you to hurry up.” The teacher said without looking up.

“Thank you!” L.Joe winked at her while passing her paper back.

‘You’re welcome!’ Jieun formed with and continued to solve the problems.

After around 20 minutes Jieun was done solving everything and handed her papers in. L.Joe did the same and they walked out of the class.

“Let’s not talk about this exam ever again, okay?” L.Joe shook his head.

Jieun giggled and nodded.

They walked into the canteen and bought themselves something to eat.

“Where are the others?” Jieun asked while biting a little bit of her sandwich.

“Teen Top?” L.Joe asked and Jieun nodded.

“They’re all on a school trip…” L.Joe said as he shrugged.

The canteen was slowly filling with people who just had finished class.

“Oh, did you hear about the new boy?” L.Joe asked while taking a sip of his drink.

Jieun thought for a while. L.Joe must be talking about the boy she helped this morning. She nodded.

“Why?” She asked him.

“Hmm… I heard some girls talking about him… They said he was the most handsome boy they had ever met…” L.Joe said with a thoughtful face as he bit into his sandwich.

“Hmm… He is handsome…” Jieun said.

“What? You saw him?” L.Joe asked.

His face suddenly changed. It looked as if he was jealous.

“Yeah…” Jieun said and looked away.

“D-Do you like him… more than me?” He asked while looking down.

Jieun chuckled.

“Stupid! I don’t even know him… I just saw him and-“ Jieun was trying to explain when she heard someone coughing behind her.

“Excuse me…” Someone with a soft voice said.

Jieun slowly turned around and saw the new boy standing in front of her.

“Uhmm… You dropped this… This morning…” He shyly said as he gave her pencil case back.

“Oh…” Jieun said surprised as she took it from his hands.

“Thank you…” She looked up and smiled at him.

“You’re welcome…” He smiled and nodded before leaving.

Jieun watched him leave. He went out of the canteen. Then Jieun turned around and saw L.Joe looking at her.

“What?” She asked with a smile.

“Why- Nothing…” He shook his head and continued eating.

-After school-

Jieun was walking out of school by herself. L.Joe had to leave because the shop owner where he works part time had called him. She wasn’t in the mood to go home.

“See you!” Some girls from her class waved at her. She waved quietly back.

While walking she saw the new boy again. He was at the bus stop waiting for his bus. Jieun quietly walked next to him and sat down. The boy looked at her and sat next to her.

“We see each other again…” He smiled while playing with his fingers.

 Jieun looked up and nodded.

“Which bus do you have to take?” He asked her.

“385… You?”

“Oh, me too!” He smiled brightly.

“By the way, I’m Woohyun… Nam Woohyun…” He reached out his hand.

“Woohyun?” Jieun whispered and felt how she got goose bumps everywhere.

He nodded.

“And you are?” He asked.

“Jieun… Lee Jieun…” She said as she looked at him.

He suddenly furrowed his eyebrows. She continued looking at him. Then she grabbed her necklace. She wanted to show it to him but she was afraid that it wasn’t her Woohyun and that he would think of her as a psycho. So at the end she let it go and put her hands on her knees.

They didn’t talk for a while until the bus came and they got in.

“Here….” He said pointing at a seat to sit for her.

“You?” She asked.

“I’m fine… I don’t have to drive that much…” He smiled at her.

“How do you know how much I have to drive?” She chuckled.

“Um… I don’t know… You’re a girl and it’s not proper to sit as a boy when a girl stands, you know…” He smiled and winked.

“A true gentleman…” Jieun giggled.

“Um.. Jieun?” Woohyun asked.

“Yes?”

“Do you… Are you… Ah…” He shook his head.

“What is?” She asked with a smile.

“Nothing…” He said blushing and turned around.

“O-Ok… Umm Woohyun-ssi-“

“It’s Woohyun oppa…“ He winked.

“Okay… Woohyun oppa…” She giggled.

“Where have you been before? I mean… before you transferred to our school…”

“In England…”

“E-England?......London….” She said with a thoughtful face.

“What did you say?” Woohyun leaned in.

“Woohyun… You- This-“ She looked at him.

Then she grabbed her necklace and showed it to him.

“But this…. Jieun? You are Jieun! I knew it!” He suddenly said excited.

“Woohyun…” She whispered and her eyes filled with tears.

“Jieun! Are you crying?” He then asked surprised.

Jieun wiped her tears away and shook her head.

“Come here!” Woohyun took her hand and they got off at a station.

He took her to a park and bought her ice cream.

“I know you like biscuits…” He handed her the ice cream.

“You didn’t forget…” She said quietly while looking at the ice cream.

“And you didn’t take off my necklace… Jieun… I’ve missed you so much!” He suddenly hugged her.

“Woohyun…” She said surprised but then she just hugged him back.

It’s been a long time and she had missed him so much.

“I didn’t even recognize you in school!” He said as he let her go.

“Same here!” She smiled.

“So, how have you been? How’s life going?”

“Well… Life’s pretty boring… Nothing really special… How about you? Why did you move back to Korea? Missed me that much?” Jieun asked while chuckling.

“Yes, I’ve missed you that much…” He laughed with a soft chuckle in his voice.

“Dad’s company moved back to Korea, so yeah, here I am…” He smiled at her.

“And you won’t ever leave me again?” She giggled.

“No! I’m gonna keep my promise!” He winked.

“Promise? Which promise?” She asked while finishing her ice cream.

“Wow… You didn’t change at all… How can you finish your ice cream this fast?” He laughed.

“Some things never change…” She giggled.

“Did you forget our promise?” He asked with his eyebrow raised.

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows and tried to think of the promise she made but she couldn’t remember.

“I’m sorry…” She said with a guilty tone in her voice.

“You’re gonna wait for me… and then we’re gonna marry…” Woohyun said without looking at her.

Jieun suddenly felt bad. A picture of Myungsoo popped into her head. Should she tell him about Myungsoo?

“Ah that…” She smiled slightly.

Her head was telling her to tell Woohyun about Myungsoo but her heart was against it.

Woohyun coughed slightly.

“Then… Uhmm… I should take you home then…” Woohyun shyly got up.

“Okay…” She coughed slightly and got up.

--------------------------------

“OH MY GOOOODDDDD JOOOOEEE!” She yelled into the phone.

“Wow, wow, wow, what happened?” L.Joe asked while laughing.

“Do you remember the new boy in school…?”

“Yes…”

“Guess what?” She said excited.

“Oh my god…. NO!”

“YES!” She laughed.

“What did you say?” He sounded worried.

“I said that I had missed him…. And then he bought me ice cream and then we hugged each other… Oh my god, Joe I still can’t believe it!”

“Wait… Why are you dating the new guy when you’re going to marry L? You know, I hate this L guy but you can’t do two-timing...“

“Wait, wait, wait! What are you saying? I’m not dating him!”

“Huh? You’re not? Wait, what did happen?”

Jieun chuckled. L.Joe is so cute when he’s confused.

“His name is Woohyun…. Nam Woohyun…”

“Sooo?” He was still confused.

“Gosh,  Joe! Do you remember when I told you about my childhood friend who had moved to London…?”

“Yes…”

“Do you remember his name?”

“Yes… It was Woo….hyun…..” His voice faded away.

“Don’t tell me it’s THE Woohyun?!”

“Yes! It’s THE Woohyun! Can you believe it?! Jooooeee!” She said happily.

“I’m really happy for you!”

“Thank you… Anyways, Joe, I have to take a shower and do some homework… Call me if you’re bored after a while…” She giggled.

“Okay I will!” She heard him laughing.

“Okay, good night!” She whispered.

“Good night…” He said and hung up.

-The next day-

Jieun was walking on the hallways of her school when she heard someone calling her name. She turned around and saw Myungsoo walking towards her.

"Ugh… What is?” She asked him annoyed.

People stopped and watched them.

“Tonight 8PM, I’ll pick you up… Dress pretty…” He said and walked away.

Is this a date?

The whispers of the other people brought her back to reality. She shook her head and continued walking towards class when someone tapped her arm.

“I told you to stop ac-“ She started but stopped when she saw Woohyun in front of her.

“Is it a wrong time?” He asked while scratching his neck.

“Oh no, I just thought you’re someone else….” She smiled lightly.

“Hey Jieun~” L.Joe walked up to them while glaring at Woohyun.

“Hey Joe… This is Woohyun, my childhood friend… Woohyun, this is Byunghun but everyone calls him L.Joe, he’s my best friend…” She introduced them.

“Hey nice to meet you…” Woohyun reached out his hand and L.Joe quietly took it while nodding.

"Come one we'll be late for class..." L.Joe said as he grabbed her wrist.

“I’ll see you at lunch!“ Jieun quickly said as she was dragged away by L.Joe.

“Ya, what was that?” She asked L.Joe as they were sitting in class.

“What?” He asked as if nothing happened.

“Omo… Are you… ARE YOU JEALLY?!” She suddenly yelled.

Everyone in class turned around and looked at them. L.Joe quickly covered .

“Ya! Are you crazy?!” He whispered and then let her go.

“And no, I’m not jeally…” He looked away.

“Oh, yes you are!” She started to laugh.

“YA!” He hit the table.

But Jieun was still laughing, so at the end L.Joe ended up laughing as well.

-8PM-

“Where the hell is he?” Jieun asked.

She was in front of the door waiting for Myungsoo to come and pick her up. She was dressed into a black mini dress.
When she was about to call him she saw his car coming around the corner.

“You’re late…” She said as she got in.

Myungsoo looked at his watch.

“Only 3 minutes…” He said confused.

“So? You said at 8PM, not 8:03PM…” She shook her head.

Myungsoo laughed and pinched her cheek.

“Oh, was my wifey expecting me that much?” He said while laughing.

“Stop calling me your wifey…” She said annoyed.

“Okay, what should I call you then? My love? Honey?” He laughed even more.

“Ugh… Just drive…” She looked out of the window and smiled slightly.

“Okay… You’re going to meet my friends…” He said with a smirk.

“Infinite? Oh no, thanks…” She said and was about to open her door when Myungsoo locked it.

“Yes, Infinite… They want to get to know you… You know, they will come over a lot once we live together…” He said and started the engine.

“Hmm… Then my friends will come over as well…” She said crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Could be… By the way honey, you look hot today…” Myungsoo winked at her.

“What?! Oh, shut up…” She said and looked out again.

After a long drive Myungsoo parked the car and they got off.

“A club? Really now?” She looked at him with a what-the-heck face.

“Don’t worry, we have a vip room…” He said while grabbing her hand.

“Y-Ya… I can walk by myself…” She said and tried to get away from his grip.

“Do you want to get hit by other boys?” He asked while turning around.

Jieun looked at the line in front of the club and shook her head.

“No..” She whispered.

“Then just do as I say…” He said and continued walking straight into the club.

“Why didn’t we have to wait in line?” She asked him when they were inside.

“The club owner is one of Dongwoo hyung’s close friends…” He answered without looking at her but still holding tightly onto her.

His hands were soft and it somehow made Jieun feel comfortable and safe.
He walked towards a door and opened it, letting Jieun in first. She saw all of the Infinite members sitting on a big, red sofa and talking while having some drinks. It looked like alcohol.

“Oh, sister-in-law!” Dongwoo got up and walked towards them.

He was about to hug her when she took a step back and hid behind Myungsoo. He chuckled and grabbed her hand again.

“Don’t worry… They won’t do anything to you…” He said while leading her to an empty place.

Dongwoo was still standing dumbfounded.

“Ya, come and sit down…” Hoya said as he grabbed Dongwoo’s arm.

“Congratulations, sister-in-law…” Dongwoo said as he sat down.

“F-For what?” She asked shyly.

“You’re the first girl that rejected me…” He said while drinking a glass filled with a light yellow drink.

“Aww… It’s okay…” Seungyeol patted his back while laughing.

“Do I really have to be here?” She whispered into Myungsoo’s ear and he nodded.

She sighed and saw a young boy staring at her.

“Hey noona, I’m Sungjong…” He said while waving at her.

She shyly waved back.
Then the room was filled with the talks of the Infinite members while Jieun was just quietly sitting and watching them. They looked actually pretty fun. They were pulling pranks on each other and laughing.

“Here…” Myungsoo said as he passed Jieun a glass filled with something she couldn’t really tell.

“What’s this?” She asked.

“ on the beach… It’s not that strong…” He smiled at her reassuring.

She took a sip and it tasted actually good.

“I want more…” She said while smiling at him.

He gave her more and more and after a while everything started to turn around and she felt how she became drunk.

“YA!” She suddenly yelled and laughed.

Infinite turned around and looked shocked at her.

“Oh no, she’s just like Myungsoo…” Sunggyu said worried.

“Both are not good with handling alcohol…” Hoya shook his head.

“I am good with alcohol!” She said pointing at them.

“It’s  just now… Ah, nothing…” She shook her head.

Myungsoo looked at her worried.

“Would you stop looking like this? You make me want to kiss you!” She said as she leaned in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: double-update yeeey! :D uh-oh what will happen next? is she really going to kiss him? please subscribe if you want to know (:p) and leave me comments on what you think! \(^o^)/