Chapter 30

Teach Me How To Love

 

Jieun woke up to her phone ringing. She looked around confused first but then realized that her phone was ringing. Myungsoo had his arm around her waist, so she tried her best not to wake him up.

“Hello?” She answered her phone without looking at the ID.

“Did I wake you up?” The person at the other end asked.

Jieun looked at her phone first and saw that it was 8AM. Then she saw the ID and her eyes widened. She softly put Myungsoo’s arm back and got up and rushed to the bathroom while taking her clothes from the ground. She locked the door of the bath.

“Joe?” She asked then breathless.

“Are you okay?” He asked with a bit worry in his voice.

“I’m fine, I’m fine…” She said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Myungsoo had left his marks on her body last night.

“Uhm… I was worried…” L.Joe said.

“Worried? Why?” She asked confused.

“About yesterday… When you ran away…”

“Oh that…” She bit her lower lip as she remembered what had happened.

“Well… It seemed like you knew Mina…”

“Yeah… You could say so…”

Suddenly Jieun started to feel bad, as if she was about to throw up but she tried to hold it back. She wanted to talk to L.Joe, she had missed him so much.

“Um, ok. So nothing happened yesterday? I mean… You left so suddenly… You didn’t cry, did you?”

She wanted to tell him how much she was hurt and how much she had cried but instead she replied with a simple ‘no’.

“Jieun.”

“Yes?”

“How do you know her?”

“Ask her…”

“I did and she told me to ask you… So?”

Jieun sighed.

“I met her in Busan…” Jieun said without telling him that Mina and Infinite were childhood friends and that she used to date Myungsoo.

“Jieun?” She suddenly heard Myungsoo knocking at the door.

“Uh? Give me a minute!” She answered Myungsoo.

“L?” L.Joe asked.

“Yes…”

“Um… I call you later… See you!” He said and hung up.

Jieun put her phone aside and washed her face and dressed up before opening the door.

“Are you okay baby?” Myungsoo asked worried.

“Yes…” Jieun smiled and was about to walk out when she suddenly felt like vomiting.

She ran back and started to vomit. Myungsoo ran up to her and held her head. Jieun flushed after she was done and washed her face.

“Come here…” Myungsoo whispered as he dried her face.

“Are you okay?” He asked her carefully.

Jieun nodded with a smile.

“Probably the ice cream from yesterday… I mean it’s fall soon and it’s getting colder… I shouldn’t eat ice cream.” She said.

“Yes…” He smiled as he patted her head and placed a kiss on her nose.

After breakfast Myungsoo left the house to do some grocery shopping and Jieun decided to clean the house a bit. As she was cleaning the doorbell rang. She quickly hurried up and opened it as she saw Myungsoo’s mom in front of her.

“Ommonie!” Jieun said surprised.

“It’s mom, dear.” She smiled as she walked in.

“Oh, I came in time! Let me help you!” Mrs. Kim said as she took her shoes off.

“Oh no, it’s okay. Sit down, I’ll make you some delicious tea!”

“Let’s finish cleaning first.” She said as she started to clean some things.

After around 2 hours or so they were done. Since it was a sunny day they sat in the garden while drinking some green tea.

“Ummm delicious indeed!”

“Thank you.” Jieun smiled.

“It’s a recipe my mom had shown me when I was a little kid. She used to love green tea.”

“Oh… It must have been hard on you to grow up without a mom by your side.” Mrs. Kim Jieun’s arm.

“It’s okay… After a few years I got used to it…” She smiled.

Suddenly she had to throw up again. Jieun tried to suppress it but she couldn’t hold it back. She put her cup away and ran inside the house straight into the bathroom.

“Honey, you okay?” Myungsoo’s mom said standing at the door.

Jieun nodded her head and flushed the water.

“I just caught a cold…” She smiled as she washed her face.

“Oh dear, you have to take good care of yourself and your body…” Mrs. Kim patted her back.

Jieun smiled and bowed slightly.

“Let’s sit inside… I don’t want your cold to get worse.” Mrs. Kim smiled.

“Okay… I just take our cups then.” Jieun smiled and Mrs. Kim nodded.

Jieun took the cups inside and sat down. Mrs. Kim had opened the TV and was watching some variety show.

“So Jieun, dear…” Mrs. Kim started.

Jieun looked at her.

“How about some… You know… Kids?”

Jieun blushed.

“It’s okay to talk to me about this… If you need any advice, I’m here, you know that, right?” She put her hand on Jieun’s.

Jieun blushed even more and nodded. Just then they heard someone unlocking the external door. They looked up and saw Myungsoo walking in.

“Oh, mom?” He walked in surprised with some bags in his hands.

“Let me help you!” Jieun got up quickly as she took the grocery bags from his hands.

“Hello honey!” Mrs. Kim got up and hugged her son.

“Hey mom! How are you doing?” Myungsoo asked.

“Fine honey, you?”

“Fine.”

“Why don’t you take better care of Jieun? Poor girl caught a cold!” She scolded him.

“Why? What happened?” He looked at Jieun with a worried face.

“Nothing…” She smiled it off.

“She just threw up!”

“What? Again?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s okay… Really!” Jieun smiled as she shook her head.

“Baby, you should go and rest…”He walked up to her.

“No… I said I’m fine…” She said.

Suddenly she had to throw up again. She quickly ran to the bathroom.

“Go, look for her… She’s not resting because I’m here. I’ll visit you later again.” Mrs. Kim said to Myungsoo as she patted his shoulder.

“Okay mom. I can’t see you off, sorry!” He said as he followed Jieun.

He found her hanging over the toilet bowl vomiting.

“Baby…” He said as he patted her back softly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun looked at herself in the mirror. She wasn’t vomiting since a few days now.

“Honey, did I gain some weight?” Jieun asked Myungsoo who was laying lazily on the bed.

He looked up at her.

“Hmm? No?” He said as he laid back down.

“Hmm…” Jieun said thoughtful and touched her stomach.

Suddenly she ran into the bathroom again and threw up. She flushed the water and walked back into their bedroom.

“Again?” He looked at her.

She nodded as she sight and started to tidy up the room a little.

“We have to go to the doctor… Jieun, you keep on vomiting… Something is wrong!” Myungsoo got up.

“No, I’m fine. It’s just the cold… Believe me…” She looked at him.

“Jieun-“

“Myungsoo I said I’m fine! Gosh!” She threw the shirt she had in her hands on the floor and walked out of the room.

“Jieun!” He followed her out of the room.

“What?!” She turned around annoyed.

“Baby, why are you angry? I’m just worried about you…” He touched her arm.

“Ah, I don’t know… I feel like going crazy!” She said as she grabbed her forehead.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Myungsoo smiled at her as he ran downstairs.

Jieun slowly followed him.

“Who is it?” She asked.

Myungsoo wasn’t answering.

“Myungsoo, who is- Oh!” She looked surprised.

“Hello Jieun.” Mina smiled.

“Hey Jieun.” L.Joe waved.

“H-Hi… Come in…” Jieun said as she opened the door wider.

Myungsoo was still not talking.

“I hope we’re not disturbing…” Mina smiled.

“N-Not at all…” Jieun shook her head.

They walked into the living room and sat down.

“Do you want something to drink?” Jieun offered.

“Sure, why not, right honey?” Mina turned around to face L.Joe as she grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

“R-Right…” L.Joe looked down.

“Okay… I’ll just… Prepare something…” Jieun got up.

“I’ll help you.” Myungsoo got up.

“Oh it’s okay, I can help her as well…” Mina got up and followed Jieun into the kitchen.

“What do you want?” Jieun asked as she leaned at the counter.

“Nothing…” Mina shrugged as she grabbed an apple from the table and took a bite of it.

Jieun sighed and turned around to take the glasses.

“Look, if it’s about Myung-“ Jieun began but was cut off by Mina.

“No, I acknowledge that he’s all yours now…” She smiled at her.

“But what I was wondering…” She continued as she threw the apple in the air and caught it again.

“Why didn’t you tell L.Joe?”

“What?” Jieun asked confused.

“About me and Myungsoo… Our past.” She smirked.

“Because it’s the past…” Jieun said as she poured some juice into the glasses.

“Past…” Mina laughed.

“I never really like that word…” She looked at Jieun.

“Hmm yeah, could be…” Jieun said uninterested.

She was about to walk out of the kitchen when Mina grabbed her arm.

“But do you know what defines the past? That it was real in some way and it’s still lingering down in there, trying to get out and become the present again.” Mina hissed into Jieun’s ear and smirked.

“Oh, let me carry this… It looks so heavy!” She suddenly changed her facial expression and voice and grabbed the tablet from Jieun’s hands and walked into the living room.

Jieun placed herself next to Myungsoo and thought about what Jieun had told her. What was she trying to tell her?
They drank their juices and talked about this and that before L.Joe got up.

“I think we should leave now…” He grabbed Mina’s wrist.

Myungsoo’s body stiffened and Jieun looked at him.

“Why? We were having so much fun…” Mina looked up at L.Joe.

“Come on Mina…” L.Joe said as he pulled her up.

Myungsoo got up as well, Jieun followed him. Mina sighed and walked ahead.

“Sorry for everything…” L.Joe bowed slightly and then his eyes met Jieun’s.

Then Jieun realized that he wasn’t talking only about today but about everything else that happened. Jieun wanted to say that it was okay although it wasn’t but she couldn’t talk so she smiled slightly shaking her head.
Then L.Joe followed Mina and they walked out.
After Jieun closed the door she turned around and looked at Myungsoo.

“What was that?” She asked him.

“What?” He looked at her dumbfounded.

“You… When L.Joe grabbed Mina’s wrist, your body stiffened… Why?” She asked him still standing at the door.

“What? No… It was because he was so harsh with her…” He put his hand on the back of his head.

“That’s not your problem, is it?” She hissed as she walked pass him into their bedroom.

“What about you?!” He yelled after her from downstairs.

Jieun stopped and looked at him.

“What?” She asked.

“You and L.Joe… Your eyes met at the end… And it said more than words could ever do… What about that?” He walked to her.

“Our eyes just met… Nothing more happened…” She glared at him.

“Oh really? I could clearly see how much you were longing for him and how much you wanted to hug and kiss-“

Jieun slapped Myungsoo.

“Don’t you dare!” She whispered as her eyes filled with tears.

“Why? Because I’m right?” He looked at her.

Her tears started to roll down her cheeks. She wanted to walk downstairs and pass him by when he grabbed her arm.

“Where are you going?” He asked her.

She looked at him and took her arm away.

“Go ahead! Go and call Sunggyu hyung but he won’t be able to take care of you! He’ll fail, he always did!” He yelled after her as Jieun banged the external door shut and walked away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: don't hate me >___<