Chapter 17

Teach Me How To Love

 

A/N: this chapter might have a few mistakes...please just ignore them... i was too lazy to re-read the chapter before updating lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Why are you back?“ The girl called Mina asked while sipping her coffee.

After the little accident at the ice ring they decided to go to a cafe and drink some coffee. Myungsoo had introduced the girls without telling Mina that Jieun was his wife which was pretty suspicious to Jieun.

“Did Hoya and Infinite come along?” Mina smiled brightly.

Seems like they used to be very close.

“Nope… They’re in Seoul… But what were you doing at the ring by yourself?” Myungsoo asked with a huge smile plastered on his face.

“The usual things… Practicing and stuff…” She smiled.

“Oh and you were?” She looked at Jieun.

“Jieun, Lee- I mean Kim Jieun…” Jieun smiled awkwardly while looking at Myungsoo.

“Your cousin?” Mina asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo bit his lower lip.

“Actually…” He started but was cut off by Jieun.

“Yes… I’m his cousin…” She said looking at him.

Myungsoo looked at her and then down.

“Hmm why didn’t he tell me about you?” She furrowed her eyebrows.

Myungsoo coughed.

“Myungsoo it’s getting late… We should probably go back…” Jieun said as she got up and left the café.

She turned around and saw Myungsoo looking after her but he was still sitting there with Mina.
Since it was winter, it was getting dark really early. Jieun sighed and put her scarf around her neck and started to walk home.

“Jieun!” She heard someone calling her name.

It was Myungsoo’s voice and she didn’t want to face him now since she got teary eyes.

“Jieun, wait!” He ran up and grabbed her wrist.

She took her arm away and continued walking.

“Jieun! I know your mad! I’m sorry… Please wait!” He ran after him but Jieun continued walking.

Tears were covering her eyes and she couldn’t see what was in front of her. Myungsoo was still calling for her when she started to run.

“JIEUN!” He yelled again and grabbed her shoulder turning her around.

He hugged her and Jieun started to sob. She couldn’t stop the tears.

“I’m sorry…” He whispered.

“So sorry…” He hugged her and kissed her hair.

“I felt so awkward… As if I suddenly meant nothing… You acted as if I had suddenly disappeared into thin air!” She said between her sobs.

“I’m sorry… It’s just… She’s an old friend… And I couldn’t just tell her about you…” He sighed.

Jieun wiped her tears away and looked at him.

“You like her, don’t you?” She asked him.

“Wha- No!”

“I can see it in your eyes! Don’t lie to me! You like her, that’s why you couldn’t tell her that we were married!” She yelled angry at him and pushed him away and continued running.

She ran towards a bus station and got into the bus which just had arrived at the bus station. Myungsoo ran after her but had missed the bus.
Jieun sat down by herself and continued crying in silence. She hated Busan. It always gave her pain.

“Mom…” She whispered while crying.

After half an hour she arrived at home. Fortunately she had the keys so she could open the door with ringing the doorbell. She tiptoed to her room and closed the door.
Jieun felt tired from all the crying. She laid down on the bed and took her phone out to message Amber.

To: Amber

I need you…

She wanted to send the message but she was also not in the mood to answer the questions Amber was going to ask her, so at the end she deleted the message and put the phone aside to sleep. Just when she was about to sleep her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and put the phone back.

Meanwhile Myungsoo reached the house. He was calling Jieun but she wasn’t answering. He looked in his pockets for the key but remembered that Jieun had the keys. He rang the doorbell and Jieun’s grandma opened the door.

“Hello granny, did you see Jieun?” Myungsoo asked while walking in.

“Wasn’t she with you?” The grandma asked confused.

“Well… We had a little fight…” Myungsoo said as he walked towards the bedroom.

He opened the door and saw Jieun on the bed.

“Jieun…” He whispered as he walked in.

Jieun heard Myungsoo walking in and quickly closed her eyes which were all red because of crying.

“Jieun…” He sat down next to her on the bed and tapped her shoulder.

Jieun pretended that she was sleeping.

“I’m sorry…” He whispered and kissed her ear.

A little sigh escaped Jieun’s mouth.

“You’re not sleeping?” He asked softly.

Jieun didn’t answer.

“I know you’re mad… And I’m so sorry… Babe…” He said and turned her around.

“Leave me…” Jieun whispered and pushed him away but she was too weak.

“Jieun… Don’t do this to me…”

“Why not?” She sat up and looked at him.

“You did the exact same thing before… You ignored me!” She glared at him.

“I’m sorry… Look, as I told you yesterday… I used to come to Busan often… And Mina and I… Well we…” He looked down.

“Just say it…” Jieun bit her lips. She knew what he was going to say and she wasn’t prepared for the pain it would give her but she pretended like she was.

“Okay… Umm… We used to like… Kinda date… But we were only 6 years old or something? It wasn’t serious…” He explained.

“Is that why you didn’t tell her about me? Have you been afraid that she might get hurt? Of course… What did I expect from you? You don’t even love me… Why did I think that you might take my side?” She laughed ironically.

“Jieun! It’s not like that I do l-“

“Stop it! I don’t want to hear your lies anymore… Go away!” She said as she laid down and pulled the blanket over her head.

“Jieun listen-“

“Go, I said!” She said again and took her headphones and listened to music.

Myungsoo sighed and walked out.

“What happened dear?” Jieun’s grandma looked at him with a worried face.

“Nothing…” He shook his head and walked into the living room to watch TV.

-The next day-

“JIIEEEEUNNN!” Jieun’s father called her.

“It’s okay… I’m sure she’s sleeping…” Myungsoo’s mom said.

“Is Jieun sick somewhere?” Myungsoo’s dad asked him.

Myungsoo looked down at his plate filled with rice. He wasn’t hungry.

“Let them be… I’m sure everything’s okay…” Jieun’s grandma said while looking at Myungsoo.

“Omo… Does Jieun have mood swings?” Myungsoo’s mom’s eyes widened.

“What?” Myungsoo looked confused at her.

“She isn’t coming out of her room… Did you guys- Omg!” Myungsoo’s mom clapped excited.

“Mom what are you saying?” Myungsoo asked confused.

“Ya, ya… Stop it… They’d say it if it was the case…” Myungsoo’s father said to his wife.

Myungsoo looked at them confused. Jieun’s dad furrowed her eyebrows and got up.

“Jihyuk-ah! Where are you going?” Jieun’s grandma asked Jieun’s father.

“I’ll be back!” He said as he walked to Jieun’s and Myungsoo’s bedroom.

He knocked slightly at the door.

“I’m not hungry!” Jieun said still with the blanket over her head.

“Jieun-ah, it’s me, daddy…” He said as he slowly opened the door.

“Dad… Please leave…” She didn’t look at him.

“Jieun-ah… Did something happen last night?” He asked her.

It took a while before Jieun could answer with a ‘no’.

“Look if something hurts, tell me…” Her father patted her back.

“No dad… I’m fine…” She answered sulky.

“Look at me…” He said and Jieun looked out from under the blanket.

“What?” She asked.

“Did he hurt you last night? Was he too harsh?” He asked while looking at her.

Jieun’s eyes widened.

“DAAAD NO!” She blushed and pulled the blanket again over her head.

“Look sometimes it hurts… When it’s the first time and-“

“DAD! I’m not going to talk about this topic with you! And no, nothing happened last night! Just leave me alone!” She yelled from under the blanket.

“Look if you want to talk with a woman, you still have your grandma and your mother-in-law…”

“DAD! LEAVE!” She yelled throwing the blanket away.

“Mood swings… Just saying…” Her father shrugged with a smirk and left the room.

“Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why? WHY FOR GOD’S SAKE? WHHHHHHHY?!” She said angry and got up from the bed.

She walked to the bathroom to see Myungsoo brushing his teeth. She quickly turned away and walked back to her room. Myungsoo saw her and quickly washed his mouth and followed her.

“Jieun!” He said and Jieun stopped walking.

“Um… You can use the bathroom…” He scratched his head and walked away.

Jieun looked at him and scoffed.

“You ain’t gonna get me back that easily mister!” She whispered and walked into the bathroom.

She took a quick shower, brushed her teeth and walked into the living room where everyone was watching the big baseball match between the Lotte Giants (Busan team) and the Kia Tigers (Gwangju team).

“What is that?” Jieun asked as she walked in.

Everyone was sitting in front of the TV while their eyes were glued on the TV screen. Jieun’s grandma had made Kimbab and everyone had one roll in their hands.

“Lotte Giants vs. Kia Tigers.” Jieun’s dad said without looking at her.

“Hmm…” Jieun said as she placed herself next to her grandma on the sofa.

Myungsoo was sitting on the ground watching her. She looked at him and sighed.

‘You’ll regret everything mister!’ She thought and smirked while watching TV again.

“Their pitchers are good…” Myungsoo’s father said as he put a huge roll of Kimbab into his mouth.

“Don’t eat that much! You’ll choke!” Myungsoo’s mom scolded her husband.

Jieun looked at Myungsoo for a minute and saw him smiling. He turned around and caught Jieun watching him. She quickly looked away but she could hear him giggling. He got up and coughed. Jieun looked at him. He nodded towards the exit and walked out.
Jieun scoffed and continued sitting. Her grandma pushed her arm.

‘Go!’ She formed with .

Jieun sighed and followed Myungsoo. He was standing in the garden with his hands in his pockets. Jieun quietly walked up to him without talking. He looked up and smiled.

“What?” Jieun asked as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Myungsoo laughed quietly.

“Ya! I’m cold… If you don’t have anything to say then I might as well leave…” She said as she turned around to walk back into the house.

Myungsoo grabbed her arm and turned her around. He looked into her eyes and leaned in.

“Y-Ya… What are you doing?” She leaned back while looking at him confused.

Myungsoo didn’t talk but continued leaning in. He held her head with his left hand as he hugged her waist with the other one.

“Myungsoo…” She whispered while closing her eyes tightly.

She could already feel his breath brushing against her lips. He kissed her lips softly. Jieun first replied back with a passionately kiss but then pushed him away and wiped her lips.

“I’m not a toy! You can’t play with me like you want!” She hissed and walked back into the house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: will Myungsoo get her back? >-< stay tuned for the answer! :)
omg guys I'm soooo in love with Reply 1997... That's why I chose Busan as Jieun's father's hometown hahaha I remembered the scene where Siwon and her family (including her 5 friends) were watching a baseball game and Yoonjae couldn't concentrate because he kept thinking that Hoya was actually in love with Siwon~ I thought it was soooo cute that I had to write something like that in one of my chapters hoho
anyways did you like this chapter?
Annyeong~ *hugs* to the new subscribers and thanks for the comments! 
<3