Chapter 4

Teach Me How To Love

 

"And one, two, three, stop!“ L.Joe was dancing in front of Jieun and she tried to follow him which wasn’t an easy thing.

“I can’t….” Jieun let her body fall on the floor.

“Your body is still too stiff… Just let your body move to the rhythm…” L.Joe sat down next to her.

“I’ve tried it… I really did but I can’t do it…” She sighed again.

“Okay let’s take a break…” L.Joe said and drank some water from a bottle next to him.

Jieun felt her phone vibrating and took it out from her pocket. She got a message.

From: Poker Face

Hey wifey, mom is asking for you… Move your little over…

“Who does he think he is?!” She whispered angry.

“Your husband?” L.Joe asked.

“Stop saying that… He’s just someone I have to live with…” She answered him without looking at him.

“Yeah… For the rest of your life…” L.Joe said getting up.

“What do you mean?” Jieun asked.

“Nothing… Come on let’s practice…” He smiled at her and grabbed her by her hand and helped her to get up.

He placed his hand on her hip and pulled her closer to him while grabbing her right hand with his left hand.

“Let’s try something else…” He whispered and smiled at her.

Jieun’s heart skipped a beat.

Meanwhile Myungsoo’s mom was waiting for Jieun to come while Myunsoo was in his room with Sungjong.

“Myungsoo!” His mom yelled from downstairs.

“Yes?” He stick his head out of his door.

“Did you call Jieun?”  His mom asked him.

“Yeah…” He sighed and went back to his room.

“Hyung…” Sungjong who was lying on the bed, sat up.

“Hm?” Myungsoo looked at him.

“Hyung, noona is actually cute…” He said looking away.

“Hm… Could be…” Myungsoo answered without any interest in the conversation.

He took his phone out and tried to call Jieun many times but she wasn’t answering.

“What the hell is she doing?” Myungsoo said out loud frustrated.

“Who?” Sungjong asked innocently.

“Jieun…” Myungsoo said still looking at his phone screen.

“Uhhh… Some cares…” Sungjong tried to razz Myungsoo.

Myungsoo gave Sungjong his famous glare and Sungjong quiet down.

“Whatever… It’s her choice whether she comes or not…” Myungsoo shook his head.

--------------------------

Jieun’s phone was ringing once again but she wasn’t going to answer.

“Aren’t you going to answer?” L.Joe asked Jieun whom he was still holding close to himself and dancing.

“I’m not in the mood to talk to that poker face…” She shook her head.

L.Joe chuckled.

“How can you call your husband poker face?” L.Joe chuckled.

Jieun stopped dancing and playfully glared at him. L.Joe laughed at her cute reaction and grabbed her hand again. He put his other hand on her waist and pulled her close to himself. Their eyes met and they stood like this for a while, staring into each other’s eyes when they suddenly heard some music coming from somewhere in the room. L.Joe sighed and let Jieun go. He walked to his bag in the corner of the room and searched for his cellphone.

“Yeah?” He answered with a bored expression.

But his face changed immediately when he heard the other person on the line. He took a quick glance at Jieun who was looking at him.

“Yes… Okay wait a second…” L.Joe sighed and walked towards Jieun.

Then he reached his phone towards her and nodded slightly. Jieun took the phone and coughed slightly before answering.

“Hello?” She answered and looked at L.Joe. He smiled at her in a comforting way.

“Your cell- Ah anyways mom wants to see you… She said something about shopping… You better get over here before I come and-“ It was Myungsoo and he didn’t finish his sentence.

“And what?” She asked in a bored tone.

“Nothing… Just come over…” He said.

“Give me some time… I have to go home first and get changed-“ She said but was cut off by Myungsoo.

“Give me the address… I’ll take you home…” He said.

Jieun looked at L.Joe with an apologetic smile and gave Myungsoo the address.
After 20 minutes Myungsoo came and Jieun got ready to leave.

“Can’t you stay?” L.Joe asked grabbing her hand for the last time.

“I have to go…” Jieun said in a soft tone.

Just then the door to the practice room opened and Myungsoo walked in. He stopped for a second when he saw L.Joe holding Jieun’s hand but then continued walking towards them.

“Mom wants to see you…” Myungsoo said with his famous poker face.

“Okay… I’m coming…” Jieun nodded towards him and hugged L.Joe before leaving with Myungsoo.

“What does your mom want?” Jieun asked Myungsoo while getting in his car.

“I don’t know…” He said as he started the engine.

After that neither Jieun nor Myungsoo said anything. They were driving quietly and only music coming from the radio could be heard.
Suddenly Myungsoo’s phone rang.

“Yeah?” He answered then he started to listen.

“Yup, I’m taking here home now… Okay mom… Yeah I see you…” He said and hang up.

“Your mom?” Jieun asked. Myungsoo just nodded without saying anything.

“Where’s your ring?” Myungsoo asked.

Jieun looked in her bag and in her jeans pocket but couldn’t find it.

“Dang it! I think I forgot it at the dance studio!” She said annoyed.

Then she took her phone out and called L.Joe.

“Yes?” He answered his phone breathless.

“Hey Joe, it’s me Jieun… Umm… I think I left my ring somewhere in the dance studio… Can you look for it please?” She asked biting her lower lip.

“Hmm….” She heard him saying.

“Ah here! I found it! Should I bring it over?” L.Joe asked.

Jieun took a deep breath.

“I’m going to Myungsoo’s house now… Mind bringing it over?” She asked L.Joe while taking a glance at Myungsoo.

His jawline sharpened. It seemed like he was grinding his teeth.

“Okay… I’ll be over… See you there~” He sang into the phone and hung up.

Jieun let out a long sigh and Myungsoo looked at her.

-----------------------------------

“Ah, Jieun, my beautiful daughter!” Myungsoo’s mom greeted her with a welcoming hug.

“Hello, mom!” She bowed and smiled.

“Jieun, look what I thought of this morning…” She started with a bright smile on her face.

Myungsoo was on his way upstairs when his mom called him back.

“You have to listen too Myungsoo-yah…” She smiled again.

“Since your wedding day is coming closer, I thought of doing some ‘wedding-shopping’ today… How does it sound?” She clapped excited.

“Mom… Not today…” Myungsoo said annoyed and got up from the chair he was sitting on.

“Oh no mister! If you go now then you’re grounded! And no meeting your friends!” She said strictly pointing her finger at him.

He turned around and looked at her with big eyes.

“MOM! I’m almost 20! You can’t do this to me!” He pointed out.

“You live under my roof and under my roof there are my rules! That’s it! You choose mister!” She said to him and turned around to face Jieun.

“What do you think, Jieun-ah?” She grabbed Jieun’s hands.

Jieun looked at Myungsoo and he was looking at her shaking his head.

‘I dare you to say yes!’ He was forming with his mouth.

Jieun grinned and nodded.

“It would be great mom… Spending some time with my beloved future husband!” She smirked looking at Myungsoo.

He looked at her with a what-the-heck face.

“Okay! Myungsoo you’re coming too…” His mom said happy and got up.

“I’ll get dressed~ I’ll be back in a while!” She sang as she literally ran upstairs.

“What was that? Beloved husband?” Myungsoo said as he came closer to Jieun.

“Revenge is sweet!” She smirked.

“Oh is it?” He asked with a smirk while coming closer to Jieun.

“Y-Ya… What are you doing?” She asked while leaning back but Myungsoo was just coming closer.

“I’m your husband, aren’t I? So you’re mine… I can do with you whatever I want…” He whispered while looking at her lips.

Jieun gulped but then someone coughed and both of them looked up to see L.Joe looking at them.

“Your ring….” L.Joe said while walking towards them.

“How did you get in?” Myungsoo asked him but L.Joe ignored him and walked past him towards Jieun.

“Here…” He said as he gave her the ring.

“Thanks…” She smiled and put it on.

“Oh, who’s this young man?” They heard Myungsoo’s mom asking.

“O-Oh… He’s my-“ Jieun started but got cut off by Myungsoo’s mom.

“You must be Woohyun, right?” She asked with a smile.

“Eh?! N-No… He’s not Woohyun… He’s L.Joe… A friend from school…” Jieun said surprised.

“So he’s also a friend of Myungsoo?” Myungsoo’s mom asked looking at Myungsoo.

“Yeah, you could say so mam…” L.Joe glared at Myungsoo.

“Well then… Wanna go ‘wedding-shopping’ with us Loe?” Myungsoo’s mom asked.

“L.Joe mam and yes I’d love to!” He said as he grabbed Jieun’s wrist holding it tightly.

Jieun looked at Myungsoo’s mom with big eyes still surprised how she knew about Woohyun.

------------------------------------------

Jieun dressed into a wedding dress and was now showing it.

“It’s beautiful, right Myungsoo?” Myungsoo’s mom asked Myungsoo while tugging on his arm.

“Mom, you said beautiful to all the other dresses Jieun showed us…” Myungsoo answered without even looking at Jieun.

Myungsoo’s behavior was kinda hurting Jieun. She didn’t like him or something but they were a soon going to be married couple and he should at least pay attention to her while she was trying on some wedding dresses.

“I like this one…” L.Joe said smiling at Jieun.

“Right? Okay, then this should it be!” Myungsoo’s mom said.

“And now it’s your turn young boy…” Myungsoo’s mom said pushing Myungsoo to get up.

“Any black tuxedo is fine with me…” Myungoo said bored.

“God, why are you so boring?” His mom shook her head.

“Come on they need at least your body size!” She said to him and he got up with a sigh.

Jieun was now back dressed into her daily clothes and sat down between L.Joe and Myungsoo’s mom.

“Mom…” Jieun started and Myungsoo’s mom turned around and looked at her with her deep chocolate brown eyes.

“H-How did you know…. About… Woohyun?” She asked without looking at her.

“From your necklace…” She said pointing at the necklace around Jieun’s neck.

“I know you don’t have a brother or any other siblings since your mom died so young and your dad didn’t get re-married… So I thought it’s your boyfriend over there…” She said pointing at L.Joe.

“Ah… I see…” Jieun nodded.

“So who is this Woohyun?” She asked.

“Oh? It’s just a friend from my childhood…” She said with a sad tone.

Myungsoo’s mom nodded and got up to look for Myungsoo who was somewhere looking for a tuxedo.
Jieun and L.Joe were left alone in the room.

“Would you recognize Woohyun if you ever see him?” L.Joe asked looking down.

Jieun rested her head on his shoulder and shook her head.

“I don’t think so… I haven’t seen him for 14 years…” She said.

“I see…” L. Joe nodded and they sat there in silence, waiting for Myungsoo and his mom to return.

-One week later-

Jieun was at her locker while she saw a nerdish boy going through some papers in his hands. She watched him with a smile on her face when she saw that he had dropped all of his papers. People around him weren’t even recognizing him and were passing him by as if he wasn’t there. Jieun quickly walked up to help him.

“It’s not easy to be new…” She smiled as she bent down to help him get his papers from the ground.

The boy stopped and looked at her. She looked up at him and their eyes met. He was very handsome even though he had glasses on. His brown-reddish bangs were just above his right eyebrow. His hair was a mess and it seemed like he didn’t have time to brush them this morning but he was still handsome. His eyes were light brown with a little shade of green around his iris. His under lip was a full light pink while his upper lip was more slender.
Without realizing Jieun found herself staring at the boy.

“O-Oh… Here’s your last paper…” She gave him his last sheet before she got up and quickly walked away while she was madly blushing.

She quickly walked into class and sat down next to L.Joe. His head was resting on his arm on the table. He looked up when he heard Jieun sitting down.

“You’re blushing…” He said while pointing at her cheeks.

“Am I?” She blushed even more and patted her cheeks as if it’ll help her to get loose of the red color.

Then the teacher entered the class. Jieun looked through her bag but couldn’t find her pencil case.

“Joe, can you give me a pen… I think I forgot my pencil case…” She said with a sigh.

“Here you go…” He said while giving her a yellow pen.

She tried to concentrate on class but she always had to think of that stranger she had helped. There was something about him bothering Jieun. He was a stranger but yet he seemed so familiar.

‘Who is he?....’ She thought while hitting her notebook with the pencil L.Joe gave her.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: guess who's the nerdy guy? hehe btw I wasn't able to update yesterday, so another chapter will follow~ and special thanks to dannsya you seriosly keep me going with every comment <3 
please first guess the new guy before reading the next chapter keke *hugs and kisses*