Chapter 36

Teach Me How To Love

 

„New start!“ Jieun whispered as she was sitting on the bed in the once empty room of Amber’s apartment.

“It’s okay… I didn’t use the room anyways…” Amber had said smiling.

Jieun grabbed onto her wedding ring where Myungsoo’s and her name was written in it. She sighed.

“Can I come in?” Amber looked into the room.

“Sure.” Jieun smiled.

Amber walked up and sat down next to her on the bed.

“How are you?” She asked Jieun.

“I used to feel better…” Jieun shrugged as she sighed.

Amber didn’t reply and patted her back.

“There’s someone who wants to see you.” Amber said and just then someone walked into the room as he was knocking on the door.

“Gyu…” Jieun smiled faintly.

“Hey!” Sunggyu waved.

“I’ll leave you alone then…” Amber walked out.

“You’ve changed your hair color.” Jieun said pointing at his head.

It was a bright red.

“Does it look weird?” Sunggyu asked her.

“Noo! No, it fits you!” She gave him a thumbs up.

Sunggyu sat down next to Jieun and looked at her.

“Are you okay?” He asked her.

“Yes…” She smiled.

“Sure?” He asked again.

“100%!” She giggled.

They were talking when someone suddenly walked into the room. Sunggyu and Jieun looked up.

“Jieun, I’m sorry-“ Amber appeared behind the boy.

“What are you doing here?” Jieun glared at him.

“What are you doing with him?” He pointed at Sunggyu and Jieun.

“Myungsoo, you’re drunk.” Sunggyu got up to hold Myungsoo arm who was reeling a little bit.

“I’m not!” He said as he pushed Sunggyu away.

“How could you do this to me Jieun? With my hyung?” Myungsoo started to cry.

“What?” Jieun asked at the edge of crying.

“What the heck are you saying?” Sunggyu asked him.

“Jieun, look at me.” He reeled towards her and grabbed her face.

“Look at me. Why?” His breath brushed her face.

He must have drunken a lot. Suddenly someone pulled him away and Myungsoo tripped and fell down.

“Continue! Hit me! Because I deserved it!” Myungsoo couldn’t control his tears anymore.

It was too much for Jieun. She got up and walked out of the room. No one followed her, so she quietly left the apartment.
Tears were falling from her cheeks as she walked through the dark alleys. Then she reached the main street and looked around. No one paid attention to her. Everyone was busy trying to get home as fast as possible.
Home – it was such a strange word for her, so unfamiliar. Since her mother’s death she didn’t get the feeling of home, except for in Myungsoo’s arms but even he was gone now.
Suddenly someone bumped into her and they both fell down.

“I’m sorry.” The guy apologized.

His flowers were spread across the street.

“I-I’m sorry.” Jieun quickly got up and started to pick up the flowers.

“Jieun?” She suddenly heard her name.

As she turned around, she saw L.Joe in a tuxedo standing in front of her.

“Joe?” She asked as she wiped her tears.

“Oh my god, Jieun, are you okay?” L.Joe quickly walked up to her and hugged her.

Jieun wanted to say that she was fine but couldn’t say anything. Instead a sob escaped .

“Baby, what happened?” He whispered into her ear.

“Myung….Soo!” She cried into his chest.

After a while she calmed down and looked at L.Joe.

“Where were you going?” She asked him as they sat down on a bench nearby.

“Meeting with my mom….” He looked down.

“Oh my god! Go! Oh my god I feel so bad right now!” She said hysterically.

“Chill! Why?” He grabbed her arm.

“Because I held you back from meeting your mom!”

“Ah it’s okay. If she’d really want to meet me and if she’d really worried about me then she would have called me…” He said and looked down.

“What happened between your mom and you? I mean if it’s too personal then…”

“You’re my best friend… Aren’t you?” He looked at her with sad eyes.

“Of course I am!” She smiled at him.

“That means there’s nothing to hide between you and me…” He smiled back.

Jieun replied with a smile and leaned her head on L.Joe’s shoulder.

“She abandoned me when I was 4…” L.Joe started to tell.

“My dad had died and she found herself a new man. She totally forgot about me. One day she told me that she would take me to the playground near our house and buy me ice cream. She did as she said but then when I was playing with some kids, she abandoned me. She left me alone on the playground.” He said as his hands turned into fists.

Jieun wanted to say something but she didn’t know what.

“That night some ahjumma walking by the playground found me crying. She asked where my mom was but I couldn’t reply. Then she grabbed my hand and took me to the police. But they said that no one came in that day that were missing their son… So she took me home. She’s the reason I’m here today…” L.Joe smiled slightly.

“I…I don’t know what to say…” Jieun whispered.

“You don’t have to say anything.” L.Joe smiled.

“I wanted to meet up with her and show her how healthy I grew up although she left me alone. But she doesn’t even bother… Her boyfriend must have been more important to her.” L.Joe shook his head.

“You’ve prepared so much… The tuxedo, the flowers… And I ruined everything.” She sighed.

“No you didn’t!” He her cheek.

“By the way why did you cry?”

“Myungsoo came to Amber, drunk, and asked me why I was cheating on him with Sunggyu… Sunggyu and I are only friends! He’s the one cheating on me! I couldn’t take it anymore, so I walked out…” She said.

L.Joe took his jacket off and put it around Jieun. She didn’t realize that she was freezing.

“You should take better care of yourself… You’re not alone anymore, you know.” He smiled at her.

Jieun nodded and smiled, hugging his arm and leaning her head on his shoulder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Everything is fine with you and your baby, Mrs. Kim.” The doctor said smiling.

Jieun got up and pulled her shirt down.

“By the way Mrs. Kim where’s your husband? I haven’t seen him in a while…” The doctor said smiling.

“He’s…. busy.” She said and got up.

“Oh, I see. Say hi to him from me!” He smiled.

“I will…” Jieun forced a smile and walked out.

“How was it?” L.Joe asked who was waiting for her in front of the room.

“You should have come in…” Jieun said a little bit annoyed.

“What? Why?” L.Joe asked.

“It’s nothing…” Jieun shook it off.

“Okay~ Today I’ll take you to a place… You’ll love it!” He winked at her as he grabbed her hand.

“Where?” Jieun asked skeptically.

“You’ll see.” L.Joe giggled.

Then they grabbed a taxi and L.Joe told the taxi driver an address Jieun couldn’t recognize. After driving for around half an hour the taxi stopped in an alley.

“We’re here sir.” The taxi driver said.

L.Joe thanked the driver and paid him. Then he got out and helped Jieun to get out.

“Where are we?” Jieun grabbed onto L.Joe’s arm.

The alley was really tiny and dark.

“Follow me.” L.Joe said as they walked deeper into the alley.

Then Jieun spotted a little shop which wasn’t really matching with the neighborhood.

“Come on.” L.Joe said excited and started to walk faster.

Then they walked in. The place was almost empty except for some little kids eating at a tiny purple table.

“Byunghun!” An old woman said excited and walked out from the back of the counter.

“Halmeoni!” He walked towards the old woman.

Jieun let his arm go and stood at the back. The kids who were eating looked at Jieun then at L.Joe.

“Hyuung!” One of them got up and the other two followed him.

“Oppa, is this your girlfriend?” A little girl pulled on L.Joe's shirt.

L.Joe turned around and looked at Jieun as he waved to her as a sign that she should come.

“Byunghun, who’s that beautiful young lady?” The old woman asked him.

“That’s Jieun, my…friend…” He looked down for a minute.

“Oooooooooh, I see. So you’re Jieun? Byunghun told me a lot about you.” She walked towards Jieun and hugged her.

“Y-Yes..” Jieun hugged her back.

“Oppaaaa!” The little girl said again.

“Hey Sanghee! How are you doing?” L.Joe lifted the little girl.

“Fine!” The girl hugged L.Joe tightly.

“Noona, are you hyung’s girlfriend?” The boy from before pulled on her jacket.

“Hyunwoo!” The old woman said to the boy.

“You could say so… We’re best friends…” Jieun kneeled down and took the boys hands.

“Best friends? But hyung said that you were dat-“ The boy said but L.Joe put his hand in front of his mouth.

“Hyunwoo, why don’t you go back to Sangwon and you guys finish your lunch?” L.Joe said as he softly pushed the boy away.

“You too Sanghee.” He smiled at the girl.

She nodded happy and walked back to the table.

“Jieun, that’s halmeoni. Do you remember my story I told you a few days ago?” L.Joe asked her.

Jieun nodded.

“Well that’s the grandma who took care of me.” L.Joe said and the old woman patted L.Joe’s shoulder.

“He was the cutest kid ever!” The grandma smiled at Jieun.

“I thought I’m the cutest!” Hyunwoo yelled.

“You are, dear, you are.” The grandma said as she walked back to the kids.

“Did you grow up here?” Jieun asked L.Joe as she looked around.

“Yes… It looked different then though… It looks better…Now…” He said as he followed Jieun’s sight.

“Who are these kids?” Jieun asked him as she looked at the kids who were happily chatting with each other.

“They share the same fate as me… They were all abandoned.” L.Joe sighed.

“Oh my god, how can someone do this?” Jieun looked sad.

“I don’t know… If I have a baby, I’d never do this…” L.Joe sighed and looked at the kids as well.

“Unnie!” The little girl called Sanghee called Jieun.

“Yes?” Jieun smiled immediately.

“Sit down!” The girl patted to the chair next to her.

Jieun nodded and walked towards the place next to Sanghee.

“Are you hungry, dear?” The grandma asked Jieun with a smile.

“Unnie has to lose weight halmeoni! Look at her stomach.” Sanghee said.

The kids and Jieun started to laugh.

“Sanghee! That’s very impolite! Apologize, now!” The grandma scolded her.

“It’s fine…” Jieun smiled it off.

“You know, there’s a baby inside.” Jieun said to Sanghee as she leaned in closer to her.

“What? A baby? Did you eat a baby?” Hyunwoo’s eyes widened.

“Stupid! That means she will have a baby soon!” Sanghee said and Jieun nodded.

Then Jieun caught the grandma looking sadly at L.Joe who was looking down.

“Noona, are you going to die when this baby comes?” Sangwon, the quiet one, asked.

Jieun chuckled and shook her head.

“I won’t.” She smiled and looked at L.Joe who smiled back at her faintly.

Time passed by quickly as Jieun and L.Joe played with the kids.

“It’s time to go.” L.Joe said getting up from the ground.

“Noooooooooooo stay a little longer!” Sanghee cried.

“I have to take Jieun-ie home… It’s getting late.” L.Joe kneeled down and her hair.

“Are you going to come with us camping?” Sangwon looked up shyly at Jieun.

Jieun looked at L.Joe and he shrugged.

“I’d love to… And if hyung wants too then-“

“We’re coming!” L.Joe chuckled and got up.

“I’ll see you all later!” L.Joe winked.

They said goodbye to the grandma and walked out. It was pretty dark and Jieun linked her arm into L.Joe’s arm.

“I love the kids.” She whispered.

“Me too.” L.Joe said and Jieun smiled, hugging his arm even tighter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: survived this weeeeeeeeeeeek! yeeeeeeey~ still have 4 exams and one presentation to go though ;~;
anyways here's a new chapter~ hope you'll like it hehehe please don't hate me >_<
no silent readers preaseuu keke