Chapter 1

Teach Me How To Love

 

“Promise me that we’ll stay friends forever!” Little Woohyun asked Jieun.

“Oppa do you really have to leave?” Little Jieun pouted.

“Mommy and daddy are moving… I have to go…” Woohyun answered sadly.

Jieun looked down. Tears were falling. Woohyun was her one and only friend in kindergarten. Who would play with her now? Who would eat ice cream with her in the afternoons now?

“Jieun-ah, don’t cry… You make me want to cry as well…” He said whipping his tears away.

Jieun looked up and hugged him.

“Promise me that you’ll write letters…” She said hugging him.

“But I can’t write and you can’t read!” Woohyun said while patting her back.

“Oh, that’s right! I forgot...” Jieun let him go and patted her chin.

“Then we’ll talk on the phone! They do have phones, right?” Jieun asked with big eyes.

“Daddy said that London is one of the most modern cities in the world… I think they have phones…” He said scratching his forehead.

“Where is ‘London’?”

“I don’t know but we’ll be going with the plane, so it’s probably far away…”

“Woohyun! It’s time to say goodbye!” His mom yelled from the car.

“I’m coming!” He yelled back.

He hugged Jieun for the last time and gave her his necklace with his name written on it.

“But oppa that’s your special necklace!” She said while looking at it.

“You’re also special to me and you won’t forget me if you always wear this! Jieun-ah, promise me that you'll wait for me...”

She nodded.

"Jieun-ah, when we grow up, I will come back to Korea and marry you, okay? So you better wait for me!" He smiled at her and she nodded again.

They hugged each other. Then Woohyun grabbed his teddy bear and ran towards the car.

“I’LL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR NECKLACE, SO COME BACK SOON!” Jieun yelled while waving.

The car started to drive off and Woohyun looked back at her waving back.
Another tear escaped Jieun’s eyes.

-14 years later-

“JIEEEEEEEUUUNNN!” Her dad yelled from downstairs.

“Coming!” Jieun tried to yell but it came out as a whisper.

She still felt sleepy although she went early to bed last night.

“You’ll be late for school!” Her dad walked into her room and opened the curtains.

“The- Sun-“ Her voice cracked.

“It’s your first day in your new school… Get up!” Her dad took her blanket away.

“Okay okay… I’m up…” She said sleepy while getting her body out of the big, comfortable bed.

“Danny will drive you today cause I have to go to the company early this morning…” He said walking out of her room.

“No wonder you woke up so early this morning…” She whispered while walking into her own bathroom in her room.

She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face. Then she grabbed the golden necklace around her neck and stared at the name for a while and took a deep breath.

‘Woohyun’

She sighed again and walked out. Some maids had already put out her new school uniform. She changed into it and took her bag walking downstairs. Someone was cooking in the kitchen.

“Smells good~” She said as she walked in but to her surprise it was her dad cooking instead of some maid.

“Dad?” She asked surprised.

“Yeah…” He looked at her for a second then he looked back at the food he was cooking.

“What’s up with you this morning?” She asked skeptic as she sat down at the big round table.

“Nothing…” He smirked.

“Here’s your food~” He sang happily as he placed the plate with food in front of her.

The carrots were cut into heart shapes and the rice was perfectly formed into a circle.

“Dad, seriously what’s wrong with you?” Jieun looked at her dad with a don’t-lie-to-me-I-know-you’re-hiding-something face.

“Nothing, really…” He smiled again.

“Well then… Thanks for the food…” She said and started to eat.

“Oh by the way, we’re having important guests tonight, so please don’t stay out too late… You have to get dressed… I already bought a dress for you. The maids will show it to you when you’re home. I’ll be going now, see you tonight! I love you!” He blew her a kiss and rushed out.

Jieun looked at the door dumbfounded.

Important guests? Dress? What?

She then looked at her watch and saw that she was already late. She put all of the food in and ran out.

-In school-

“Ugh! I hate school… Why can’t the summer holidays be a little longer? And where is this damn secretary’s office?” She sighed and looked around. Then someone bumped into her and both of them fell down.

“Oh sorry~” The boy quickly apologized and helped her to get up.

After she got up he started to run again. His purple hair was a little bit sticking out making him look really handsome while running.

Jieun walked around for a while and fortunately the school bell didn’t ring yet, so she wasn’t late for class. After what seemed for her like ages she found the secretary’s office. She quickly walked in to get her schedule.

“Hello, I’m Lee Jieun and I’m a new student here at Woolim high.” She introduced herself to the secretary.

“Oh hello dear. I’ve been waiting for you!”  The secretary smiled at her.

“Here’s your schedule and I’ll lead you to your new class.”

“Thank you.” Jieun quickly bowed and took a look at her schedule.

It looked pretty okay compared to her schedule at her old school. Lessons were finishing at 3PM every day, so she had enough time to do other things in the afternoon.

“Here’s your class. Good luck!” The secretary said and walked back into her office leaving Jieun alone.

The bell rang and she heard the teacher telling everyone to sit down so he can check the attendance list.

She grabbed her necklace again and closed her eyes.

“Bring me luck Woohyun, please!”  She prayed and knocked lightly at the door.

“Come in!” She heard the teacher saying and walked in.

“Oh hello! You must be the new student!” The teacher said with a smile on his face.

He looked young – probably in his late 30s. His hair was slightly gray and his glasses were perfectly matching with his outfit.

“Yes, sir.” Jieun said shy.

“Come in and introduce yourself, please.”

She looked at the class while slowly walking in. The boys were gazing at her while the girls looked disappointed that the new student wasn’t a boy.
Somewhere in the back she found the boy that bumped into her this morning sitting alone without paying attention to what was happening at the front.

“My name is Lee Jieun and I’m 19 years old. I’m new here, so please take good care of me. Thank you!” She bowed.

“Oh so polite and nice! Where should we place you?” The teacher asked more himself than Jieun.

“HERE!” A boy yelled and pushed his neighbour down making some space for Jieun.

She looked at him with big eyes and the boys in the class were laughing while the girls were mostly just sighing at how stupid the boys were.

“Oh over there! Next to Byunghun!” The teacher said, ignoring the other boy.

‘Don’t tell me it’s the boy that bumped into me!’ Jieun thought and gulped.

His head shot up and he looked surprised. It was the boy who had bumped into her this morning.

“Me?” He asked pointing at himself.

“We don’t have another Byunghun here, do we?” The teacher laughed.

Jieun slowly started to walk towards the boy and quietly sat down.

“I’m Lee Byunghun but my friends call me L.Joe.” The boy said with a smile on his handsome face.

“I-I’m Lee Jieun.” Jieun answered surprised that he was actually a nice boy since he seemed really uninterested in her introduction before.

“Let’s be good friends!” He shook her hand and then the teacher started the lesson.

------------------

After around an hour the school bell rang and everyone walked out into the canteen to get themselves something to eat. Jieun didn’t know what she should do because she neither knew where the canteen was nor did she know someone here.

“Come eat with me!” L.Joe offered her.

“Thanks…” Jieun smiled at him.

“I know how it feels like to be new… I’ve also transferred school last year, so I’m also kinda a newbie.” He laughed.

“It’s horrible…” Jieun smiled and shook her head.

“You know, you look cute when you smile like this… So keep smiling!” He winked at her.

Jieun laughed.

“Are you flirting?” She laughed louder.

People passing by were looking at them because L.Joe was one of the best looking guys in school and Jieun was the new, cute girl.

“No, I’m just being nice…” He laughed back.

Than they arrived at the canteen and L.Joe bought them something to eat.

“It’s okay… You didn’t have to buy me anything…” Jieun said feeling kinda guilty because a stranger was buying her food.

“It’s your first day, so I’m buying!” He smiled at her.

“Well than… Thanks!” She smiled and they sat down at an empty table.

“Wait a second, I’m just calling my friends over.” He said and waved at a bunch of boys who started to make their way towards Jieun’s and L.Joe’s table.

“What’s up?” A cute boy with a weird haircut asked.

“Oh, hey, who’s this beauty?” A tall boy asked.

“Guys, that’s Lee Jieun. She’s new here, so we’re going to be her friends. Jieun these are C.A.P, Chunji, Niel, Ricky and Changjo. We’re called Teen Top among the people.” L.Joe introduced them.

“Hey~” Jieun cutely waved at them.

“Hey!” They all smiled at her. They were just as handsome as L.Joe.

Girls were giving Jieun death glares when suddenly they heard the other girls squealing. Jieun looked curiously at the direction everyone was running to.

“Ugh, here they come…” Niel said annoyed.

“Who?” Jieun asked.

“Infinite…” Ricky answered without looking at her.

“Who are they and why are the girls squealing so much?” Jieun asked still trying to see ‘Infinite’ but failed because of all the people encircling them.

“They’re like our rivals. They’re also 6 people…” L.Joe said.

Jieun then saw Infinite making their way over to Teen Top’s table.

“A new member?” Sunggyu said when they reached the table.

“So what?” C.A.P asked sharply.

“What? I’m just asking… By the way honey” He said now talking to Jieun.

“I’m Sunggyu. These are Dongwoo, Seungyeol, Sungjong, Hoya and Myungsoo and we’re Infinite. I think you already heard about us.” Sunggyu smirked.

“First of all I’m not your ‘honey’ or whatsoever and secondly I never heard about you guys…” Jieun said and glared at them.

They were handsome indeed but this wasn’t giving them the right to talk to people like this.

“What?” Sunggyu hissed.

“Come one Gyu let’s just go… Don't interfere yourself with a little girl…” The guy with the poker face called Myungsoo said.

Little girl? Little girl?” Jieun hit the table and got up.

“DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW OLD I AM ?!” She yelled.

“You’re acting immature… I don’t need to know your age…” He said with a smirk on his face.

Then they turned around and left. Jieun was watching them leave with her eyes wide.

“It’s okay Jieun…” L.Joe grabbed her wrist and pulled her down next to him.

“We’ll get revenge later… It’s too risky in school…” He said to her.

She just shook her head.

‘Who does he think he is?’ She thought angry.

-At home-

Jieun dressed up into the dress that her dad had bought her. The dress was a black mini dress which wasn’t revealing much skin but emphasizing the curves.
Then she walked down into the living room.

“Dad what’s that?” She asked her dad while showing him the dress.

“Do you like it?” He asked with a smile on his face.

“I d-do… But why?”

“Because these guests are special…” He said and just then the doorbell rang.

“Oh here they are… Come here next to me!” Her dad said and send a maid to open the door.

“Hello Mr. Kim! Welcome!” Her dad said as he shook Mr. Kim’s hand.

“Hello Mr. Lee! Oh and this must be your beautiful daughter. Hello dear, I’m Mr. Kim!” He shook her hand and Jieun bowed smiling.

After Mr. Kim, his wife entered the room. She also introduced herself. A boy followed her. Jieun’s jaw dropped when the boy lifted his head.

“You!” She hissed for no one to hear except the boy.

His jaw dropped as well.