Chapter 6

A Dream Come True

“Hello, it’s Lee Hansoo here. Am I talking to Christine?” a man said in a language I think was supposed to be English.

“Yes,” I said hesitantly.

“I’m the one in charge of the making of the Caribbean Bay CF. Suzy couldn’t make it, and Nichkhun suggested you to step in for her. What do you think about it?” he asked. I hesitated for a moment. At first I thought it was a prank call. Maybe some of my friends wanted to joke with me or something, but then I remembered that only Eileen knew I had been chatting with Nichkhun, and this guy really sounded Korean. I was about to freak out by the question when I realized it was not a joke, but kept calm in order to seem normal.

“Hello?” the man said questioningly and I realized I had spaced out for a few seconds.

“Sure! So, when and where is the filming?” I asked cheerfully. I was happy that Nichkhun actually suggested me to step in for Suzy. I wasn’t even as pretty as her. The man chuckled a bit before he continued.

“The filming starts in about a week from now, at Caribbean Bay.” I was about to reply, when I realized something; I don’t have enough money to travel there. What should I do about that? I really wanted to go! I frowned, a bit disappointed I couldn’t actually go. Damn me and my luck.

“Oh… Then I don’t think I can make it, since I don’t have enough money for the flight,” I said, and my cheerful voice had turned to an apologizing one instead.

“Hmm… Well, I guess I have to find someone else then, but it was nice talking to you though.” We said our goodbyes, and then hung up. I felt heartbroken, but since it was too good to be true it wasn’t that bad.

A few hours later the same day my phone rang again, but this time it was Nichkhun. We had gotten so close over these past few weeks that we had given our phone numbers to each other, and, yeah, I guess you could call us best friends.

“Yeoboseo,” a cheerful Nichkhun said through the phone. I felt my mood brightening at the sound of his happy voice and a smile formed on my lips.

“Hi,” I said, (probably) sounding a little down despite how happy I was to hear his voice. He didn’t seem to notice as he replied.

“I heard from Mr. Lee that you couldn’t join the CF. Why not?” he asked pouting. I smiled to myself. How cute isn’t he! It sounded like he really wanted me to join the CF.

“I don’t have enough money for the flight, or for a place to be while I’m down there,” I explained to him and hoped for him to understand.

“Oh… That’s too bad. I wanted to see you again,” he pouted. There was a short break, before he

“Oh! I have an idea!” He sounded very eager in the way he had said it, and it made me curious.

“What?” I asked, a bit hopeful. I really wanted to go!

“I can pay for you! And then you can live together with us at the dorm!” I thought about it a little before answering.

“You don’t have to use your money on me,” I said a bit hesitant, when in reality all I wanted to say (or more like, scream) was ‘OMG! Really?! Thank you!’. He let out a short laugh.

“Hey, I’m an idol, remember? I earn a lot of money, so there’s no problem. You don’t have to think about repaying it either,” he said and earned a chuckle from me. I didn’t have any arguments against him and agreed with him.

“Then I’ll just order a ticket for you. You just have to tell me where you take the plane from and be there at the right time. I’ll fix the rest.” He sounded really happy, like he was about to meet his girlfriend for the first time in a long while. I told him where I took the plane from and where he should send the tickets to before we said our goodbyes. Only a few minutes later I got a text from Nichkhun saying that he had ordered a ticket for me, so I had to pack my bags and get ready. I nearly screamed out loud in excitement. This was like a dream come true. I was going all the way to Korea to film a CF with 2PM! There was only one problem. What in the world was I going to bring?

 

 

 

 

 

I know this is short, but I hope you guys like it anyways ^^