Chapter 17

A Dream Come True

 

Taecyeon's POV

 

 

“Seriously?! You really would volunteer to take that?!” Junho asked Christine, his face in a horrified grimace. Junho was a little wimp when it came to big roller-coasters and slides with high falls. And a slide with high fall was exactly what Christine hadn’t even thought twice of, before agreeing to take.

 

“I love stuff like that! Everything that gets the adrenaline to pump throughout my body is exciting,” Christine answered with excitement, and Taecyeon swore it was just moments before she started jumping up and down like a child in its favourite toy store.

 

They all stared at her for a few seconds; thinking that she was out of her mind.

 

“Are you really a girl?” Junho asked in utter disbelief that she really wanted to take the slide, voluntary.

 

And Christine laughed. “Of course! I’m just a really special one,” she said reassuringly. Junho still didn’t seem to believe her though.

 

“Finally a girl that isn’t a feminine coward like our little Junho-goon here,” Nichkhun said enthusiastically.

 

The look on Junho’s face was kind of funny - his eyes telling that he was killing Nichkhun over and over in his head.

 

“I am not a coward!” Junho shot back at his hyung.

 

And the word fight had started. It was a normal, almost a daily routine thing, to argue like that in their group, but they usually didn’t have the space to run after each other so it always stayed a word fight. But now they had a whole water park to run around and there were no limits; so Junho ended up running after Nichkhun like there was no tomorrow, which left the rest of the more normal people laughing.

 

Nichkhun hid behind Christine because he knew that Junho wouldn’t do her anything. And Taecyeon got that strange feeling again (which everyone would know was jealousy, except for him).

 

Taecyeon’s thinking was interrupted by a crew member that came up to them and told Christine that they would start her shooting now.

 

“Sorry Khunnie, but I can’t be your shield forever,” Christine said as she went to the stairs leading up to the slide; not looking all that sorry.

 

Taecyeon had a hard time not laughing at the horrified look on Nichkhun’s face after his shield and protection disappeared. Junho was now free to get Nichkhun, and Nichkhun knew that all too well; so he started running like a maniac to get away from him.

 

It was a hilarious sight, even though Taecyeon was used to this kind of behaviour. Every time it happened was just as entertaining as all the other situations, because the reason why it happened in the first place was different each time.

 

As they saw Christine flee up the stairs, they went to a pool a little further away to relax - take a break from the shooting and just enjoy the warmth of the late summer, before the weather got too cold.

 

It didn’t take long before Junho was with them and Nichkhun was gone.

 

Taecyeon couldn’t help but follow Nichkhun. He was curious to why he didn’t sit down with the rest, and instead went somewhere else.

 

He soon figured that Nichkhun had gone to get a towel for Christine.

 

The sight before him right after wasn’t that special either. Just Nichkhun wrapping the towel around Christine. What was Taecyeon’s greatest discovery when he followed Nichkhun around was what he did after wrapping Christine in the towel. And the sight made his stomach twist and turn in jealousy - still oblivious that he was jealous though.

 

Nichkhun kissed Christine. On the mouth. And what gave him the biggest shock was that she gave in; she actually kissed him back.

 

Taecyeon’s mind was blank, and his body felt numb, except for that strange feeling in his stomach. Like he had to throw up, but at the same time not.

 

What was that feeling? Why was he feeling like that? Was he sick or something? Or was he just being his weird self? Taecyeon didn’t know, but one thing was for certain: he didn’t like what he saw.

 

They were supposed to be friends, right? And friends didn’t kiss like that - hell, they didn’t kiss at all.

 

Nichkhun and Christine broke the kiss before his thoughts could travel any further, and he scurried away. Taecyeon couldn’t let them see that he had witnessed their intimate moment.

 

He didn’t know what to think about the two after what he had seen. They couldn’t possibly be a couple, could they? Taecyeon at least hadn’t seen any signs of it; but then again he wasn’t the most observant one.

 

He had to ask if anyone else had noticed anything suspicious going on between the two - and he decided to ask the first person he met, which happened to be Chansung.

 

“Hey, Chansung, I have to ask you something,” he said and dragged the younger one to the closest pool and sat him down on a sunbed. Chansung looked a little lost and confused as Taecyeon sat down opposite from him.

 

“What about?” Chansung asked. He was curious now as he saw the confused face of his older friend.

 

“Have you noticed something suspicious about the way Nichkhun and Christine act around each other?” Taecyeon asked.

 

Chansung took his time thinking about the matter, but came to the conclusion that; “No, I haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary. Why? Is something wrong?”

 

Taecyeon sighed. Chansung was either just as oblivious to things around him as he was, or he just didn’t care.

 

Either way, he decided to ask someone else about it, and thought that maybe Junsu had noticed anything.

 

“No, there is nothing wrong. I was just wondering, but thanks anyway,” Taecyeon said with half a smile before he went over to Junsu who sat a few sunbeds away.

 

“Junsu? Do you have a minute?” Taecyeon said as he sat down beside his fellow member.

 

Junsu pulled the earplugs out and directed his attention to Taecyeon. “Sure,” he said as he put his iPod away. “What’s up?”

 

“Have you noticed anything suspicious between Nichkhun and Christine? How they act around each other I mean,” Taecyeon asked.

 

Junsu chuckled. “Are you jealous?” he asked teasingly.

 

“No, I just...” Taecyeon replied quickly. A little too quickly maybe. “I just thought they were friends, but sometimes it seems like there is something more,” he finished.

 

Junsu straightened himself and shifted his position to sit more comfortably.

 

“I thought were just friends too, but after looking more closely I am not so sure anymore,” he said thoughtfully. “Why do you wonder anyway?” Junsu asked and looked at Taecyeon with a hint of suspicion and curiosity.

 

Taecyeon shrugged and replied; “no reason.” He stood up and heaved a sigh. “Thanks anyway Junsu,” the younger said and walked to sit closer to the pool. As he looked over to where he was heading he noticed that Christine was already back - sitting on the edge of the pool together with Wooyoung.

 

He couldn’t see Nichkhun anywhere close to Christine and looked around the place - kind of making sure that Christine’s too-close-to-be-a-friend didn’t see him. No Nichkhun to be seen - it was safe to approach the beautiful Norwegian girl.

 

When he thought about it, it was weird how he felt like he couldn’t walk over and talk to Christine without Nichkhun trying to snatch her away like he was some kind of threat to him. He wasn’t any threat; he wasn’t going to claim her as his; he only wanted to be her friend too. Maybe even best friend. But it seemed like Nichkhun thought that Taecyeon wanted to be Christine’s boyfriend or something.

 

Before he used his chance to think about all the weird stuff going on, he cleared his head and walked over to the two who were sitting at the edge of the pool.

 

He recognised the sweater Christine as Nichkhun’s and thought to himself that if Christine was cold, his sweater would have been warmer and more comfy - and before he could think more of it, his mouth wandered and acted on its own.

 

“Is that Nichkhun’s hoodie you’re wearing?” Taecyeon asked Christine with perfect English pronunciation as he came up behind her and Wooyoung. His eyes might have gave off the message that he didn’t like her wearing it, but that would have to pass.

 

She nodded as an answer, and the adjective that came to his mind to describe it was: cute.

 

“Why don’t you wear mine instead? It’s warmer and more comfy,” he said confidently. He really wanted her to wear his clothes instead of Nichkhun’s. He didn’t have any arguments as to why - he just wanted it to be that way.

 

She chuckled; and the sound gave Taecyeon a strange, but good feeling in his stomach. That typical butterfly-feeling.

 

“Because you were too late with the offer,” she answered and splashed some water at him. Taecyeon pouted, but was fast to sit down beside Christine and splashed water back at her. In his peripheral vision he could see Nichkhun watching them carefully, but he ignored it. He didn’t want to miss this chance of having fun; splashing water at each other like they were little preschoolers.

 

It didn’t take long before the rest of 2PM was gathered at the edge, a few were in the water already - and everyone was fighting for Christine’s attention. The one who finally got her full attention was Nichkhun who was in the water, standing in front of her. He had managed to get a hold of her wrist and dragged her down toward him.

 

Taecyeon saw the look of slight regret on Nichkhun’s face as he looked at the now wet sweater that Christine was wearing. Christine laughed a melodious laughter. If it was because Nichkhun looked funny, or if it was something else, he didn’t know. But as long as she smiled and laughed Taecyeon was pleased.

 

“! Now I have to get my hoodie dry before I can put it on again,” Nichkhun pouted, and Christine laughed a little more.

 

“Think twice next time.” She ruffled Nichkhun’s wet hair, and Taecyeon couldn’t ignore the thought that he wanted her to that to him too.

 

 

They got up and out of the water soon after and Christine went to hang the sweater over a chair, hoping for it to dry faster.

 

They had all lay down now. And they were not using the sunbeds as other normal people - no, they were laying together on the ground; all seven of them. They thought that now that they finally had a break, why not use it wisely and relax in the sun a little?

 

Taecyeon was very happy with how they were laying too. He had Christine right beside her, and for him that was enough to make him relax to the maximum. He actually almost fell asleep, but right when his mind began slipping away into dreamland he felt a weight on his arm.

 

He opened one eye ever so slightly to check if it was what he thought it to be. And he was happy to see that he had been right. Christine was laying on his arm and she was cuddling closer and closer.

 

Taecyeon smiled to himself as he felt the butterflies again. The way she cuddled closer was incredibly cute, and when her skin touched his he swore to god that he felt an electric shock run through his whole body.

 

For a few seconds he just lay there and savoured the moment - not wanting it to end - but the thought that maybe she was cold crossed his mind, and he figured that he could offer her to wear his sweater.


Perfect timing.