Chapter 21

A Dream Come True

I was sitting by the dining table, drinking some orange juice. The boys had went out for whatever schedule they had today, which left me alone at the dorms.

 

It was quiet for once, and it was quite relaxing not having them all run around all the time. It was just me and the house (or dorm, or whatever).

 

As I finished the last sip of orange juice my phone rang.

 

“Hello.”

 

Hello, this is one of the judges from your audition yesterday. I just called to say you didn’t make it.” As I heard the news I thought that oh well, it wasn’t my turn this time.

 

I said a simple ok, and thanked the person for letting me at least try before I hung up.

 

And that’s when I woke up, feeling kind of down, but not sad or anything. I thought that it was real at first, but as I looked around I found out I was in bed and not in the kitchen and realised it was just a dream.

 

I let out a sigh and checked my phone. It was still a little early for my liking, but I couldn’t sleep any longer than I already had, so I got out of bed and got dressed.

 

The boys had probably already left for practice. Or was it another filming for Caribbean Bay? I didn’t really pay too much attention when Nichkhun mentioned it yesterday. I was trying to catch up with the happenings of the few hours that had just passed by.

 

I had eventually turned my attention to the things happening around me when I had come home from the audition, and Nichkhun finally came through with his questions of “what was it you did at the company?” and “why have you ignored me this whole afternoon?”. He got his answers in the end though, and then everything seemed to be fine again. He wasn’t nagging anymore at least.

 

-

 

I spent the day watching some dramas on the television. While I was sitting comfortably in the couch my phone started ringing. I sighed and sat up straight and reached for the phone on the table.

 

When I looked at the caller ID there was an unfamiliar number.

 

“Hello, this is Christine,” I said into the phone, wondering who was calling.

 

“Hello, I am one of the judges from the audition yesterday,” a man said in the typical Korean-English accent. “I am calling to tell you that you made it through the auditions, and are now a JYP trainee. You are to come to the audition room tomorrow at nine am, there you will get closer information about everything,” the man continued, and for a moment I forgot to breathe, but the overjoyed excitement had to come after the phone call had ended. So instead of screaming, I took my breath to calm down enough to talk.

 

“Thank you so much! Really, thank you for accepting me! I’ll be there right on time!” Maybe I was a just a tiny bit too excited, but I didn’t really care at the moment.

 

He said goodbye and hung up, and before I even took the phone away from my ear I was having something that probably looked like a mental breakdown. I was so happy, and I wanted to hug someone and tell them that I got accepted!

 

I calmed down enough to press the right number on my phone and called Nichkhun.

 

“Hey Cissie, what’s up?” Nichkhun said as soon as he picked up.

 

“Guess what?” I said, the happiness evident in my voice.

 

“You got accepted?” was Nichkhun’s first guess. Was it really that obvious? Oh well, whatever, I thought before I answered with a “yes”.

 

“That’s awesome! We’re celebrating when I get back, but I have to go now. Break’s over,” he said followed by an “I love you” before he hung up. I felt my heart warming up at the last three words. It felt good knowing that someone loved me that way a boyfriend would. It felt like I was more worth than most of the things in his life.

 

My moment of wandering around in my thoughts didn’t last long though. My mind soon went back to the fact that I got accepted into JYP, and I had to talk to someone about it. Or more like Eileen deserved to know the news, so I dialed her number, hoping that she had her phone close by for once.

 

“Hey Christine!” Luckily for me she probably had it in her hand.

 

“Eileen! I have big news! Guess what?!” I said eagerly, and in Norwegian. It was actually quite weird talking Norwegian after a week of English and Korean, but still a little refreshing.

 

“What? You have kissed Taecyeon?!” Eileen guessed, clueless to everything that had happened in Korea this last week. Did she really think that I would kiss Taecyeon out of the blue anyway?

 

“No! I auditioned for JYP yesterday. And I got accepted!” It was silent on the other line for a few seconds before she asked if I was kidding or if I was talking the truth.

 

“I’m serious! I really got accepted! I’m an actress trainee at JYP now!”

 

And there went our squealing and talking and it was just a big chaos of words. Me trying to convince Eileen that it was really true, and her trying to get it into her head that her cousin was a trainee. At JYP!

 

-

 

I don’t know how long I had been on the phone with Eileen, but not long after we hung up the front door opened. That meant that none other than the boys of 2PM themselves were back from today’s schedule, since none other than them, their manager and me (if you don’t count in the janitor and police and all those people) knew the code to this dorm. And since the possibility that the manager came back here without the boys, leaving them alone someplace was very low it had to be them.

 

I quickly walked over to them and started helping them with whatever they needed help with, asking them how the day had been and if they needed anything else. When they said they didn’t need anything more I turned my full attention to Nichkhun.

 

“Are you tired? You need something?” I asked as he took my hand and lead me to the living room couch, sitting down, pulling me into his lap.

 

“Not tired yet. We need to celebrate,” he said and hugged my waist, pulling me closer to him.

 

“Celebrate?” I asked, the smile I had been wearing almost all day getting just a tiny bit wider.

 

“You got into JYP! That’s something to really celebrate, and we will celebrate it!” he exclaimed.

 

“What did you have in mind?” At that Nichkhun’s smile turned into a sweet smile. What was he thinking about? He was just looking me in the eyes, and if hadn’t nudged him I probably wouldn’t have gotten any answer.

 

“We will go out on a date.”

 

I couldn’t control all the feelings I suddenly felt inside me. I was excited for our first date, but at the same time a bit nervous. I was hoping that it wouldn’t be one of those cliche dates that you see in all the dramas, where the boy takes the girl out to a movie, then eating late dinner at a fancy restaurant. And if Nichkhun knew me well enough he would know that something simple but sweet was enough for me. As long as he showed that he knew me at least that well, and that he put some effort into making me happy, I would be satisfied.

 

-

 

I could get used to this. Holding hands with Nichkhun while walking around. It was late, almost midnight, but that didn’t matter much. It was actually better this way, with less people in the streets, and hopefully no fangirls or paparazzis were around to ruin our little date.

 

Nichkhun had said that he wanted to show me something, but didn’t tell me what it was. The only hint he gave was that it was really beautiful.

 

We were walking in a street that was usually very crowded, but this late it looked kind of deserted compared to the daytime activity. It wasn’t empty, there were still a lot of people, but you could actually walk past people without pushing in attempt to make space to make your way through.

 

Nichkhun then stopped, and my attention went back from the street to him.

 

“Want some ice cream?” he then asked. Even though it was kind of chilly now that the sun had set, ice cream sounded tempting.

 

“Yes, that sounds good.”

 

I soon found out that Nichkhun had noticed an ice cream stand not far away from us (I had never come across someone selling ice cream at almost midnight before now). He took me over there, ordering one for himself and one for me, both with chocolate flavour.

 

If I was to be completely honest I would say that that ice cream was the best I had ever tasted. It was just heavenly. I had no words to describe it, except from delicious.

 

“This is the best ice cream ever made.” I felt like sharing my opinion, and so I did. Making a satisfied sound to prove my point.

 

Nichkhun chuckled and kissed my cheek, took my hand and started walking again. “You’re cute, and I could have watched you enjoy that ice cream until it wasn’t anything left, but I still have something to show you.”

 

“What is it that you have to show me exactly?” I asked out of curiosity. Why couldn’t he just tell me what it was? He hadn’t said anything about it being a surprise, so why keep it a secret?

 

“You’ll see when we get there.” And that half smile, half smirk was back in place before he continued eating his own ice cream.

 

We walked through a park before we came to a river. A river I had seen in many dramas. The Han River was in front of us, and I couldn’t help but feel kind of starstruck. It was The Han River, and it wasn’t a path of flowing water I watched through a screen anymore. It was real, and bigger than I thought it would be.

 

And if it was beautiful on TV, it was really, really beautiful in real life.

 

“Beautiful, right?” I heard Nichkhun say beside me. I nodded as an answer, not able to speak because of all the ice cream in mouth. “Come, let’s sit down here for a while before walking back.”

 

We sat down on one of the many benches placed around the area. The bridge was in our view and there was about one hundred metres down to the river. Our hands still intertwined, us still eating ice, and we just watched the river where we sat.

 

I felt at peace while sitting there. Carefree. At that moment it was like everything was perfect. I had a lovely boyfriend, my dream about joining JYP had just come true, and no one was around to nag at me.

 

I had just finished a mouthful of ice cream, but before I could take one more bite something got my attention. I turned my head towards the bridge and what I saw was water coming from the bridge. The whole length of the bridge had holes on the side where the water streams spurted out of. And by every hole there was a light, all the lights in different colours.

 

I sat there, just watching the show of the water streams being and off at different places, lights changing colours.

 

When it ended, and I was back to reality, Nichkhun pointed out that if I wanted the rest of that delicious ice cream I better eat it up now, because it had started melting. And at that it was gone very fast. Couldn’t spill this delicious thing.

 

“You have ice cream in the corner of your lips,” Nichkhun said with a chuckle before kissing the stains away. When he pulled back our eyes met, and we ended up just staring at each other in silence. It sounds really cliche, I know, but it was comfortable.


“Can we just sit here for a while,” I said quietly after a few seconds. I didn’t want to let go of this moment. It was so peaceful and quiet, but never awkward. He gave soft squeeze to my hand and nodded his head, using his free hand to pull my head to rest on his shoulder. And I swear that I could sit there, just like that, for hours without doing anything.

 

 

 

 

 

Here you go you lovely readers! ♥

See you again next chapter ^^