Chapter 24

A Dream Come True

DOUBLE UPDATE SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ CHAPTER 23 BEFORE THIS

 

enjoy ^^

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe it…” I said to myself. My voice as low as a whisper, but the two boys in the sofa had heard it and turned their heads. I didn’t catch their facial expression though, too caught up in trying to get the fact that my boyfriend had some girl (who looked oddly familiar) in his lap. But it didn’t stop at that. No, they were making out like there was no tomorrow. Wasn’t I his girlfriend?

 

“What the do think you are doing?!” I screamed at them, making both of them abruptly turn their heads around, and the look on Nichkhun’s face soon turned from happy to one of dread and shock. My blood was boiling in anger by now.

 

“Christine-” Nichkhun started, but I cut him off.

 

“How could you?” I said before storming off. I was a tolerant person, but cheating was something I couldn’t accept. No one could of course, but I was always careful with people, making sure that the ones I befriended would never hurt me or leave my side for someone else. And the fact that Nichkhun had passed my ‘test’ and gained my trust, just to break it so soon after angered me.

 

But anger wasn’t the only feeling I in my chest, and body for that matter, as I ran down the street away from the dorm. The hurt from being cheated on was what took up the larger part of what I felt at the moment. I had put my trust in him to not hurt me, and here I was, getting my heart broken by that bastard and crying as I ran.

 

My autopilot had taken control over my body and the destination was set to get me as far away from Nichkhun as my feet could take me, but I didn’t get that far. Strong arms wrapped around me and held me back from going any further.

 

“Christine! Calm down!” It wasn’t Nichkhun’s voice, which made me relax a bit. At least enough to stop me from struggling out of the hold around my waist. “Ssh, it’s okay,” the person said with a soothing voice I recognised as Taecyeon’s.

 

“Why?” I managed to get out between my sobs. The question was directed at no one in particular, but if anyone could get me the answer I’d be happy to know. “I don’t get it…”

 

“Me neither,” Taecyeon said after a few moments, seeming like he pondered on the same things I did.

 

“Why is this always happening to me?” I choked out. “It’s always happening to me. My life wasn’t okay to begin with, and when I finally have some happiness, my parents have to go and get divorced and my boyfriend goes cheating on me? I just can’t believe he did that!” I rambled on and on, not noticing when Taecyeon had turned us around and started walking us back.

 

I’m back from my own little world of depressive thoughts when Taecyeon pushes me into the living room of the apartment. The apartment that I used think was cozy, but now it was so tense in there you could feel it layering your skin.

 

Sitting in the sofa where Chansung and Taecyeon had been sitting when I first arrived was Nichkhun. He looked regretful, which he had every reason to, because what he had done was unacceptable, and it actually looked like he had shed a few tears.

 

“Talk. Before you both jump to weird conclusions that makes it impossible for you two to even be friends again,” Taecyeon more like ordered. I didn’t really want to, but he was right. We both might jump to horrible conclusions, and knowing myself I would think the worst of the worst.

 

I took a few breaths to calm down enough to stop crying and actually be able to get words out, without them sounding like a dying whale trying to talk like a human.

 

Taecyeon pushed me towards the sofa and sat me down beside Nichkhun when I made no move to sit down myself. It was uncomfortable sitting so close to my supposed boyfriend, and the tension grew. As if it wasn’t thick enough before.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry Christine,” Nichkhun started slowly. He didn’t look me in the eyes though, so didn’t know if he really meant it or not. And as a habit of mine, I needed to see people’s faces to know if I could trust what they said or not.

 

“At least look her in the eye when you tell her,” Junsu told Nichkhun. He appeared to be angry or annoyed with the other, and seemed to not like his decisions at all. “Go on. Look her straight in the eyes and tell her you’re sorry. I’m not leaving here before you have given her a proper apologise.” Junsu crossed his arms over his chest. He both looked and sounded like a parent scolding their child.

 

Nichkhun did as he was told, though reluctantly. He looked at me with eyes full of regret, and just stared at me for a while before opening his mouth. “I’m really sorry, Christine. Can you please forgive me?” he said with sincerity, but even though he really did mean it and regretted his doings, I wouldn’t forgive him. He had done some that was unforgivable, but I would always give him a chance at trying to convince me.

 

“I’m sorry Nichkhun, but I will never be able to forgive you for this. Even if there were no feelings involved, you put my trust to the test and you broke it. I don’t even think I would be able to be friends with you in the nearest future,” I said and gave him an apologetic smile. “Who was she anyways?” I was really curious about this though, because it seemed like I had seen her before.

 

Nichkhun sighed nervously, and his eyes shifted to the floor for a moment before making eye contact again. “Her name is Mei-Xing. She is Chinese, and the reason she is here is because she is on a vacation with her family,” he almost mumbled. I had to strain my ears to hear everything he said, and when I heard the name I knew where I had seen her before. She was my seatmate on the plane from Norway to South Korea the first time I came here. That fact, though, only made me angrier at him. Was I really not enough for him? It would have been easier to handle if it had been a celebrity, because then I would know that he actually knew the girl, and that he didn’t go around picking up girls he hadn’t even met before.

 

“I’ve had enough of this. I’m leaving.” I stood up off the couch and went for the door.

 

“Where are you going?” Taecyeon asked, hurriedly walking after me.

 

“To the company.”

 

“I’ll come with you.” He put his shoes on and grabbed his jacket, pulling it on as he caught up with me. “You’re obviously pretty much out of it, and I don’t want you to do anything stupid.” He smiled sheepishly at that last part.

 

At least someone cared about my well being.

 

“Would you help me with the acting then?” I asked, taking this golden opportunity to practice and get my head on other thoughts.

 

Taecyeon chuckled and nodded. “Sure.”

 

-

 

The practice was serious for about half an hour, and that’s it. From there Taecyeon started making impersonations, at least trying, of people who have had the role before. It only made me laugh, and after another half an hour we were both on the floor laughing.

 

Taecyeon was the one who got himself to stop laughing first and sat leaned against a wall by the time I had evened out my breath and dried away all the tears that had spilled while laughing.

 

When I turned around to him he patted the space to his left, motioning for me to come sit with him. And I did. I crawled across the floor and slumped down beside him.

 

“Thanks Taec.” I gave him a genuine smile, which he returned. I didn’t need to elaborate more and explain why I was thankful. He already knew, and he didn’t ask more about it. I was thankful for that too, because then it would only hurt more when I said it out loud.

 

But even though I was happy at the moment, just the thought about what I had witnessed earlier in the day, made my tears start to roll down. I was a total mess, and I didn’t even have my sunshine here to cheer me up and forget about it all for little while.

 

Taecyeon moved a little and he stretched his arms out at me. “Come here. You need a hug,” he said softly. I leaned in and rested my head on his shoulder. We had hugged a lot before, but this one was different. It felt like Taecyeon had put more feelings into it. Like he was sincerely concerned about me, and wanted me to be okay again.


“I don’t like it when you are down. Because your smile is what makes me smile,” I heard Taecyeon say, even though his voice was barely audible. My sobs echoed throughout the room, and I felt Taecyeon’s secure arms tighten a little around me. It actually calmed down a bit, and my sobs soon died down. Tears were still rolling down my cheeks though, but I felt a little bit more at ease with Taecyeon’s arms around me.

 

 

 

 

 

FINALLY DONE!!!!
I have been wirting for who knows how long now,
and all in all I have written 3841 words!
It's now 00:55 AM here and I am tired...
I'm sorry for all the mistaked throughout this whole 
fanfic, but I promise I will read it and correct
everything when I'm cmpletely done ^^
There are about two chapters left now, and I cna't
wait to mark this story as complete, even though it
will be sad saying goodbye to it...
Good night everyone, and hope you enjoy this two
chapters ;P Love you all ♥♥♥