Chapter 18

A Dream Come True

 

Taecyeon's POV

 

 

 

“Want my hoodie?” Taecyeon asked satisfied. And he couldn’t help but think that the blush that crept up Christine’s cheeks was cute. She was obviously embarrassed though as she turned around and hid her face.

 

Taecyeon laughed at that, and patted his head before he got up. She was too cute for her own good.

 

“I’ll get it for you,” he said and went to get the sweater. He handed the red and white hoodie to Christine, and Taecyeon had to admit that even though it was a little too big for her, she looked beautiful.

 

He just followed her with his eyes as she went over to one of the sunbeds instead of laying back down on the the ground. He didn’t blame her. The ground was a bit uncomfortable in the long run.

 

He was about to go and sit down together with her, but there was suddenly a man announcing that Nichkhun, Chansung and him was going to take a separate shoot now.

 

Without hesitation, all three of them threw the shirts that had been put on earlier to keep warm off again. A normal thing to do on these shootings (and every other occasion at the dorm to be honest).

 

As he walked over to the set he stole a glance at Christine, and it was quite funny, but still cute at the same time; her eyes looked like they were about to pop out and if her jaw wasn’t connected to her skull it would have been laying on the ground by now.

 

She had seen them all bare chested earlier that day, but it didn’t look like that was the case now.

 

Her eyes wandered to something beside him and he turned his head, only to see a grinning Nichkhun.

 

Taecyeon looked back at Christine, his confidence back on top, and asked: “Like what you see?” Taecyeon’s facial expression was probably just the same as Nichkhun at the moment. Who couldn’t be grinning confidently when a beautiful girl like Christine was staring at their body, looking like she actually could have drooled? Not Taecyeon at least.

 

The cameraman took the two boys’ attention away from Christine before they could get any reaction frlom her at all - but when they started the shooting, Taecyeon made sure that he was extra good looking, so Christine would look at him more than the others. He secretly loved wanted her attention.

 

The shooting didn’t take too long, and as soon as the cameraman gave them cue to leave Nichkhun was long gone.

 

When Taecyeon finally spotted Nichkhun again he was standing right behind Christine. His hands sneaked around her neck and he gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Yet another kiss between the two.

 

Why did Taecyeon have to witness all the kisses and hugs that Christine and Nichkhun shared? Was life punishing him for something he did in his previous life? Whatever the reason was, he was sure that if there really existed a god, he certainly didn’t like Taecyeon.

 

He saw the faint blush in Christine’s face as Chansung and him approached them - and deep down he wondered - or maybe hoped - that if it had been him and not Nichkhun, would she blush then? Would she push him away and give him a weird look, or would she smile at him and kiss him on the cheek too?

 

Guess I’ll never find out, he thought to himself. He could keep it a dream. Leave the scenario to his imagination. Yeah, that seemed to be a good plan.

 

The director’s announcement about being finished for the day gave him another plan though - a new one.

 

“Want to go drinking with us tonight?” he asked Christine, hoping for her to say yes so they could hang out together outside of the dorm, and without having to work. Everyone who was standing there looked expectantly at her, excitedly waiting for an answer that never seemed to come.

 

Nichkhun waved a hand in front of her face to get her attention and said: “Hey Cissie! Earth is calling!”

 

Wonder where her mind went off to?

 

“Want to go drinking with us tonight?” Taecyeon repeated now that he got Christine’s attention.

 

“Why not... I don’t have anything to do alone at the dorm anyway,” she replied with a shrug.

 

This was going to be so fun! They could all have fun together and he could hang out with Christine more, since the rest of the guys were probably wasted, maybe even passed out by the time they would be home again.

 

~

 

They were sitting at the restaurant eating peacefully when Nichkhun said that Christine and him were going ahead to the bar down the street. Taecyeon just looked after them - after Christine to be more precise.

 

In reality he didn’t like the idea of Christine being alone with Nichkhun, but he didn’t want the others to be suspicious of him; so he kept his mouth shut. And there was still food on the table; he couldn’t leave before the table was empty.

 

The silence that had settled after Nichkhun and Christine had left didn’t last for long. They were soon talking about Christine, and how kind and beautiful she was. Not to mention how cute she was all the time.

 

For Taecyeon it was okay to think like that, but when all the others also thought that way about her he wanted to say that he was the one who was most sincere about the compliments. He was the one who had thought of her like that first.

 

“Oh! Taec, by the way, the thing you asked me about earlier today that I said I didn’t pay much attention to,” Chansung said as he put his third, and empty, can of beer down on the table.

 

Taecyeon nodded, knowing right away that he was talking about Christine and Nichkhun’s so-called relationship. Whatever that relationship might be.

 

“I tried to look closer on it and you were right; they act like they are in love or something,” Chansung said and opened the fourth beer and took a sip.

 

Love. Could the two of them be in love? Taecyeon’s stomach turned in disgust at the thought. No! That couldn’t be. He wanted her to be happy, yes. But not together with Nichkhun. If she was going to pick one of the members of 2PM, she could have chosen Taecyeon at least. He would probably be a better boyfriend than - stop there! What in the world are you thinking about Taecyeon? You are supposed to be her friend, not Nichkhun’s rival who is trying to take her away from him.

 

“Yeah. Did you see the looks they gave each other when they walked out just now? I’m sure they went earlier so Nichkhun could get some before he is too wasted, or risk getting busted by us,” Junsu chuckled.

 

And the conversation went like that; pointing out all the proofs that showed how much they “loved” each other and that if they really were a couple Nichkhun would leave Christine for another woman very soon.

 

Taecyeon tuned it out. His mind had been occupied by questions like “why do I feel like this” and “what am I really feeling”.

 

He wanted to go out to get some fresh air so he could clear his mind a little. Or maybe the reason was to get to the bar as fast as possible, just to make sure Nichkhun wasn’t doing anything funny with Christine.

 

Either way he got the boys to join him to the bar and they soon reached the building. It was a nice and small place, with loud music blaring through the room.

 

Even though the bar was nice, the sight he was met with wasn’t. Once again he witnessed a kiss - or, what he thought would be a kiss if it hadn’t been for Chansung who decided to tell them that he had arrived by screaming out Christine’s name. At that point he couldn’t have been more happy that the kid was around. Because of the maknae’s hyper tipsy (more like drunk) self he was spared the sight of another kissing scene.

 

As Chansung dragged Christine over to the bar, the rest of the boys ordered their drinks.

 

Taecyeon noticed Junho about to order a beer and stopped him before he got to do it.

 

“I recommend you to take water tonight, since you will pass out in no time anyway,” Taecyeon said, trying to come out as caring for his younger member, when he in reality just didn’t want to carry him home like all the other times.

 

That Junho ordered the beer anyway didn’t surprise Taecyeon at all though. Junho always wanted to appear older than he was and could be rebellious sometimes.

 

When he got his drink he took a sip while looking Taecyeon straight in the eye to show that he actually didn’t care about it that much.

 

“Do as you please, but I am not going to carry you home this time,” Taecyeon said and left to sit down at the table Nichkhun and Christine sat at when they first arrived. Chansung followed suit and started chatting happily about some random stuff. Taecyeon just smiled and nodded, putting in some comments here and there to please the maknae, not keeping up with the conversation at all.

 

And he also used it as a distraction from the turtledoves standing by the bar. The last thing he needed was for Nichkhun to make him feel strange when he hugged or touched Christine in any way.

 

It was working quite well too, and by the time Chansung turned away to talk with Christine - whom apparently sat down with them while they were talking - Junsu and Wooyoung had joined in and they continued their talking. Fortunately for his weird feelings he didn’t see any of Christine and Nichkhun’s interactions.

 

~

 

They were in the middle of the drinking game “never have I ever”, and Junho had passed out.

 

It was Chansung’s turn to come up with something and everyone was looking expectantly at him.

 

“Never have I ever farted on stage during a performance,” Chansung finally said with a chuckle, and everyone except for Nichkhun and Christine took a sip of their drink.

 

And not so surprisingly they started quarreling again. They all accused Nichkhun for being the one who farted the most. But as stubborn as he was he never backed out.

 

“I want to be a hygienic man for Christine to have,” Nichkhun said and lay a hand around Christine’s shoulder.

 

Taecyeon couldn’t help the feeling of what others would call jealousy creep in on him. He wanted to stand up and pull Nichkhun’s arm away and place his own there instead. But that didn’t make any sense! Why would he want to that? It wasn’t as if he was jealous or something. Or maybe he was. The only thing being that Taecyeon didn’t want to admit it to himself.

 

~

 

Taecyeon was about to suggest that they should get home, but as he opened his mouth Nichkhun and Christine left the table.

 

Taecyeon was curious and left soon after, standing close enough to the bar where the two had sat down to hear what they said - but far enough for them not to notice.

 

What he heard didn’t really shock after what had been going on that day, but the way he felt about it was what shocked him.

 

Nichkhun asked Christine to be his girlfriend; that wasn’t such a surprise. Christine didn’t turn him down, but rather told him to ask again tomorrow; more of a surprise. The feeling Taecyeon got after the conversation was over; the most unexpected thing ever.


He now started to understand what all these feelings he had been having through the day were, and if he didn’t start to admit stuff to himself it would be too late. If he just continued to ignore his feelings it would be easier to handle things later when he had to get over the feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

this is the last chapter written from taec's point of view...

so now i'll get back to how christine is feeling about all this :D

that means that i will have to start thinking again... poor brain

and by the the way: don't get used to these very frequent updates.. i may not be able or have the energy to write this much in so short time span

but i love you guys anyways ^^