Chapter 22

A Dream Come True

One week went really fast. Not more than that one first date with the boyfriend, but we still had some time together in the dorm. I had started my training too, and it was going fairly well. It was taking up a lot of time, but it was definitely worth it. Even though it had only been a week I had learned a lot.

 

I had just finished my day at the company, which meant that the time was about ten or more in the evening. Just as I walked through the door of the dorm my phone rang. I fished it up from my pocket and accepted the call, not checking the caller ID.

 

What I heard on the other line was a voice I hadn’t heard in a while.

 

“Mom, what’s up?” I asked, knowing something was wrong when I heard her voice. She was calm, but I still caught something strange in her voice.

 

Are you doing something special at the moment?” she asked me instead of answering my question.

 

I pulled my shoes off before walking into the living room, where it was fairly quiet despite the boys being home.

 

“I just got back to the dorm, why?” I asked as I sat down in the couch, leaning back and relaxing my body. It had been a long day, but it wasn’t as hard to get through as the first day, since I was already starting to get used to the tight schedules.

 

I have something important to tell you and didn’t want to disturb you if you were doing something important,” she explained before continuing, “You probably won’t like what I am going to tell you, but you should know that everything will be okay. Everything will turn out for the better in the end.

 

At that I was starting to feel something bad was approaching. What could have happened now? I had only been away for about two weeks and things had already started going the wrong way. Couldn’t they even make it without me?

 

“Has someone died?” I asked cautiously. She laughed a bit, and I took that as a good sign. She would never have laughed if someone had died.

 

No, no one is dead.” She paused for a few seconds, taking a breath and getting back to serious-mode. “You probably noticed that I haven’t been feeling all that good lately, and the reason for that has been mostly because of your father.” She stopped to take a breath again.

 

In those few seconds I almost held my breath, because I had a feeling as to where this conversation was heading. I just hope that I was wrong. If my assumptions were right, then I didn’t know what I would do.

 

That’s why we are getting divorced.” And my world just crashed. Like a house being drowned in a tsunami. I started crying, and the soothing words I assumed came from my mother didn’t reach my ears.

 

It felt like I fell off the edge of a cliff, where my parents had held my hands together because just one of them couldn’t hold me up, and when the words left my mother’s lips, one of them let go and the other couldn’t hold me up alone. I didn’t even have something that could keep me afloat when I would fall into the sea that was under the cliff.

 

I felt anger creeping up from the pit of my stomach. How could they? The fact that my parents were still married had given me the hope and a silent promise that life was going to be okay soon. But as they were to split up, my world did the same. Except my world didn’t split in two as my parents did, it split into a million small pieces.

 

I couldn’t hold back the sobs or anything. My nose ran, my tears ran, and my world was crashing.

 

After a few minutes my mom finally got through to me. I still hadn’t stopped crying, but it had calmed down a bit and I could hear my mom trying her best in calming me down. I didn’t know if she had been doing that all the while I was crying, but now that my crying didn’t drown out the sound of her voice I could hear her clearly.

 

Hey, it’s going to be okay. If you want to come home that’s fine. I can pay the ticket for you if you want,” she said soothingly, and I was sure that if I hadn’t been half the globe away from her, she would have been sitting beside me my back and giving me reassuring hugs.

 

I was crying too much to get out any words, but I was nodding, even though I knew she couldn’t see me. Despite being angry with my parents for destroying my last safe reassurance in my life, I wanted to go home. Because it was still home, and I wanted a hug from my mom, and my sunshine could maybe cheer me up a bit. Eileen never failed to turn my mood up a few notches.

 

-

 

I was sitting at the kitchen table with the computer in front of me, booking my flight home by the time Nichkhun crept up behind me, giving me a backhug.

 

“How is my girl doing?” He kissed my cheek before leaning his head on my shoulder. “Are you really going back to Norway?” he asked, and I heard the sad tone in his voice.

 

I slowly nodded my head. Nichkhun had heard the whole conversation yesterday (at least what I had said), and he had seen me cry my heart out. And when he had asked what happened, I broke down again and told him that my parents were getting divorced.

 

He hadn’t said anything to that. Instead he wrapped his arms tightly around me and sat there until I didn’t have any more tears to cry. I couldn’t remember walking into my room and getting into bed, so when I woke up in my bed in the morning I guessed that I had probably fallen asleep in Nichkhun’s arms the night before.

 

I found the earliest and quickest flight back to Norway and booked it right away, without a second thought.

 

I felt Nichkhun’s arms tighten around my shoulders as he watched me press the final button, knowing there was no turning back.

 

“It doesn’t leave until the day after tomorrow. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you alone just yet,” I said as I turned around to face him.

 

“Have you talked with the company about it? You know that if the company hasn’t agreed with this, there is close to no chance you will get back in without working your off for a few years, right?” Even though I had made it clear that there was no point in trying to convince me to stay, he still tried his hardest. It was kind of cute, and it felt good in a situation like this to have such a caring boyfriend. I actually managed to put up a small smile despite my crappy mood.

 

“Yes, I have talked to them, and they understood and said it was okay.”

 

“Can’t you stay? Please? For me.” He looked at me with puppy eyes, and had the cutest pout ever plastered on his face, but I didn’t change my mind.

 

I smiled, but still shook my head. “I have to settle things back home, but I promise to be back as soon as possible.”

 

He sighed before letting me go, knowing that there was no point in arguing with me. I had made up my mind, and no one was to change it.

 

“Spend the last days in a long time with me, then?” he asked, knowing fully well that he had a schedule he had to follow.

 

“Sure,” I said with a nod and stood up, closing my laptop, and went for my room. I didn’t even get to the door of the kitchen before Nichkhun had grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. He just looked me in the eyes for a moment or two, and then he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. I was surprised at first, but soon kissed him back.

 

If I knew Nichkhun as well as I thought I did, he would probably go around kissing me at least once every five minutes, if not twice. All just to make up for the time we would be apart.

 

Even though we had been a couple for just about a week we had learned to know each other well, and how we had gotten so close in that short span of time was still a mystery to me. It kind of just happened.

 

“I have to go to the practice room together with the guys today. Wanna join in?” he asked when we broke apart after who knows how long. I nodded.

 

“I just have to put this back in my room first,” I said and turned around to put the computer back in my room, which was my original plan before Nichkhun interrupted.

 

-

 

I didn’t get as much time with Nichkhun as I had wished for, but it was enough to make me forget the reason for my leave. At least for a little time.

 

When I arrived at the airport, I almost started crying again. Not only because I remembered why I was going home in the first place, but also because I had to leave Nichkhun and rest. I had grown attached to that bunch of crazy idiots. They always made my day, and with Nichkhun just being there beside me always made a bit more happy than if it was someone else.

 

I had said my goodbyes back at the dorm, because if all of them, or just Nichkhun was to go with me, there would be suspicions amongst the fans and media. And that they didn’t want, and neither did I.

 

The speakers at my gate announced that the gate was now open and I picked my passport and boarding card out of my purse, getting into the line that would lead me to my plane.

 

I looked outside the windows and saw the plane I would be taking me back to Norway. Back home.

 

I turned my head in the opposite direction, watching all the Asians. I felt something tug at my heart. I liked it here. I wanted to stay in Korea longer, but I just couldn’t with all that was happening at the moment.

 

The line moved and I was suddenly the first in line. I gave my passport and boarding card to the lady at the desk.


Goodbye Korea. I’ll be back soon, I thought as I got the items back and went into the plane. I’ll be back as soon as I can.

 

 

 

 

 

Things had to happen ^^ Couldn't let this be all fluffly ;P

I have put up my chapters and found out that there will be 26 chapters in all ^^

See you around for the next chapter ^^