Chapter 19

A Dream Come True

 

The next morning came fast. After we had come home and went to bed that is. Before that I had to drag Nichkhun with me as well as convince Taecyeon to carry Junho. It wasn’t an easy task, but I completed it.

 

Today I had six fully grown men laying spread around the house. Some with headache and some with a real hangover, hanging over the toilet throwing up and everything.

 

While sitting in the bathroom with Nichkhun, I remembered that our shooting would be starting in an hour. I felt the stress creep in on me.

 

“Nichkhun?” I said to get the latter's attention. He looked up at me with tired eyes. Poor thing, I thought, but then again he had done it to himself. He was the one who had been drinking more than he should.

 

“The shooting is in an hour,” I said slowly to make sure he got the message into his tired brain. And he surely did, because his eyes widened at the mention and he shot up from the floor. He was quick to the sink and washed his face before he got out of the room and shouted the announcement throughout the house.

 

I heard the other guys groaning when I stuck my head out the bathroom door. Everyone had made it to the kitchen by the time I got there, but none of them were eating anything. I sighed as I checked the fridge.

 

“What do you guys want for breakfast?” I asked while searching for something they could eat just to get some food in their systems.

 

“Egg and bacon,” came Nichkhun’s partly cheerful, partly sleepy answer. I looked at the others for confirmation, and the most enthusiastic answer I got was a few halfhearted nods and weak smiles.

 

---

 

The guys were half asleep the whole morning, and when we arrived at the same waterpark as the day before, everyone just stumbled out of the van. It almost looked like they were pushed or fell out themselves.

 

“Guys! Get changed fast! We are starting the shooting in ten!” I heard the cameraman shout from his position by the set.

 

“Christine!” Nichkhun whined and leaned on me. “I’m tired. Can’t we just go home and sleep again?”

 

I put my arm around his shoulders and patted his head with my other hand.

 

“I’m sorry to say it, but you did this to yourself and you have to take the consequences. Now, go get changed,” I said and gave him an encouraging push in the direction of the rest of 2PM, who were already getting into todays outfits.

 

Nichkhun obliged, though reluctantly. But as long as he did what I told him, I was happy.

 

“Christine!” Nichkhun had turned around to see me still standing on the spot as he left me. “Don’t forget that you too have to change,” he said with a grin. I nodded and figured that walking over to the changing-room-things wouldn’t be that bad of a start.

 

We would be taking pictures today. No filming, just pictures. And to be honest, I’m glad that was the case, because the guys would never have been awake enough to get anything right in a filming-situation.

 

---

 

The day went by faster than the one before. The boys were on different levels of exhaustion from the previous night, but they all made sure that they came out as handsome as humanly possible on every single picture. And they looked like they had never been more awake and energised than ever. looking like they had never been more awake and filled with more energy on the picture than they actually were.

 

When we arrived back at the dorm was a different story. It looked like they had changed personalities during the ride from Caribbean Bay to the house, because as soon as we got in the door everyone slumped down in the living room and the TV.

 

I stood in the hall just watching them for a minute. They were really handsome, and after the four days I had spent with them I had to admit that they felt more like friends than my idols.

 

“I’ll go take a shower.” The voice I recognised as Junsu’s brought me back to the world. I went over to the crowded couch (no, not everyone was stuffed on the sofa. Chansung and Junho was sitting on the floor in front of it).

 

“Is there room for me to sit here too?” I asked no one in particular and Nichkhun sat up a little bit, patting his thigh.

 

“You can sit here,” he said, the corners of his mouth slowly turning upward. Even when he was drained he still had the energy to flirt with me? This guy was really weird, but even though that was the case I went to sit down on his lap.

 

What has gotten into you Christine?! You are not supposed to give in to him! I thought to myself, but I couldn’t get myself to stand up again and sit somewhere else. It was quite comfortable sitting there. I soon felt two hands sneak around my waist, resting themselves in front of my stomach. My heart skipped a beat. I suddenly felt Nichkhun’s lips brush the shell of my ear, and for a second I forgot how to breathe.

 

This is getting crazy! Especially if he meant what he asked me the other night.

 

“The question still stands,” he said in a whisper so only I could hear it. If I wasn’t out of breath already, I surely was now! My body froze for a few seconds as my mind processed what my ears just captured. But the seconds were few as I managed to got a hold of myself. Or, at least that’s what I thought. Because my mind started wandering again.

 

Is he really serious? He can’t be serious right? He is an idol, and I’m just a normal girl... From Norway! A small country no one really know exists! He can’t be serious. He doesn’t like me that way, does he? Do I like him that way?

 

As my silent ranting went on, Nichkhun’s hand found mine and he intertwined our fingers. His thumb started brushing over the back of my hand and my heart skipped a beat at the contact.

 

“So? Have you made up your mind yet?” His mouth was still dangerously close to my ear as he asked.

 

He is serious... He is freaking serious about it! I thought. And it was the only thought going around in my head. It was like someone had recorded it and put it on replay.

 

It took me about thirty seconds to stop the replaying, and questions started popping up instead. Questions like “Should I say yes? Maybe no?”, “ What if he just wants to play with me?” and “Should I really give it a try?” were the first that came to mind.

 

I looked around the room, making sure that none of the others had heard our little conversation (Nichkhun’s statement and question to be more correct). Everyone had their eyes glued to the screen, no one seemed to have even batted an eyelash, and I figured it would be safe to answer.


I leaned back against his chest and turned my head a little, making sure that only Nichkhun could hear my answer.

 

 

 

 

 

This update was supposed to come before the 12th of May, as well was chapter 20, but I failed again...

The reason for it? My awesome cousin had her 20th birthday the 12th and I wanted to give her 20 chapters by then, but as I said: I failed... Again...

Hope you like this chapter anyway, and I left you with a little cliffhanger ^^