Chapter 20

A Dream Come True

I hesitated before I whispered a faint "yes" in Nichkhun's ear and directed my attention to the TV so he couldn’t see the blush I was sure had started to form on my cheeks.

 

As the word reached his brain I could feel his heartbeat increase as my back was pressed against his chest. His hands tightened their hold on my waist and knowing him, I knew he was smiling wide.

 

It felt kind of surreal to actually have a boyfriend now - even if it had only been for a few seconds, or maybe minutes? I didn’t know, because my thoughts were on Nichkhun at the moment.

 

Nichkhun’s next words brought me back to reality though.

 

“Can I call you baby now?” he asked in a hopeful yet lowered voice.

 

I felt chills run down my spine and I almost felt like throwing up. I absolutely hated that word. Be it I find the word used in a book or someone gives me the nickname.

 

“No,” I answered in a voice that gave no room for pleading or changing of mind. But Nichkhun wasn’t going to give up that easily.

 

“Please?” He used his sweetest voice, and had he been asking for me to make him food or something I wouldn’t even hesitated a second to do so, but he was asking for something impossible.

 

I said no again and stood up, and as I turned around he was wearing the cutest puppyface I had ever seen. I blinked a few times, trying not to squeal at the cute sight before me before I turned back around and went out of the living room - proving my point that no meant no.

 

As I was safe in the hallway again I took a deep breath. The time I had spent in the living room I hadn’t been breathing properly I noticed. And the cause of it was surely that I had been sitting on the lap of the person I now could refer to as my boyfriend.

 

“Weird. Just weird,” I mumbled to myself. I was now the girlfriend of one of my idols - a 2PM member. These things only happened in movies and fanfictions, but now it actually happened to me. Eileen would never believe me when I told her.

 

“Can I kiss you without being afraid of the other guys seeing now?”

 

I almost jumped when I heard Nichkhun’s voice behind me, and I knew he was smirking by the way he talked. I wasn’t the type to be easily scared, but I was so deep in thought that I didn’t register my surroundings.

 

I turned around and smiled at him.


“I guess so,” I answered slowly. And before I had time to think, he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

 

-

 

 

I was a bit startled at first, but I soon closed my eyes and savoured the moment; because this certainly couldn’t be real, right? Yes, he had kissed me before, but this time it felt different. Like he was trying to show me exactly how much he cared about me in that one kiss.

 

His lips were soft and gentle on my own, and I felt loved in a way I had never experienced before. It was the love of a boyfriend, and not than motherly love I got from my mom, or the way my friends and family loved me. And in that moment everything felt right, like nothing could wrong ever again as long as Nichkhun was by my side.

 

But then again, this was too good to be true and it was probably all just a dream; and anytime soon there would come a monster and kill us or something, just like in all the other good dreams I have had.

 

When we pulled away I saw my hands had found their way around Nichkhun’s neck, and what I thought had been at least a minute, had only been a few seconds.

 

We looked into each other's eyes for a moment, both dazed after a mind blowing kiss (at least for me), but it only lasted so long, because reality struck me and that wasn’t a dream. I quickly looked to the side as I felt a blush creeping up, and my hands fell down to my sides again.

 

“What’s up? You didn’t like it?” Nichkhun teased before letting go of my waist, and instead took one of my hands in his. We stayed like that for a few more seconds until I realised that he was probably waiting for an answer.

 

“No, I liked it,” I answered shyly. I glanced at him and saw a smile on his face; one of those really happy ones.

 

“Want to tell the guys? Make it official?” His tone was hopeful, and the pout that came with it indicated that he wouldn’t take no for an answer, or that he would keep asking about it until I gave in. So I sighed and nodded.

 

This would be the end of me. If this got out in the media I would be bombarded by fans, and my life as I know it would never be the same again.

 

The pout was gone and the smile was back in place as he dragged me back into the living room.

 

“Hey guys!” Nichkhun said rather loudly to get the boys’ attention. It was a success, and everyone had turned to Nichkhun with tired expressions.

 

“What?” Taecyeon asked in a bored tone.

 

“Christine and I have an announcement to make,” he said gleefully, turned my head towards him and kissed me again. This time just a short peck on the lips, but still full of emotion, and I blushed a little again at the thought of the kiss just a minute ago. “We’re a couple.”

 

And as I thought the faces of 2PM couldn’t have any more ridiculous face expressions than they already had, I saw a new one. They looked shocked and happy at the same time. Shocked because it probably came as a surprise to them, and happy because one of their members now had a girlfriend.

 

After an awkward silence (look away from the TV in the background) Taecyeon got out a little “...what?”, and Nichkhun’s answer to that was to kiss me again. And I kissed back out of instinct, or something like that. Kind of already getting used to this kissing stuff.


“We’re together,” I said after Nichkhun had pulled away. And more than answering Taecyeon’s question, I was confirming it to myself that yes, Nichkhun is really my boyfriend now.

 

-

 

 

I woke up the next morning to something that smelled like some kind of western food. A smell I hadn’t smelled for a while (almost a week!).

 

I went to the kitchen to see what was going on. Maybe the boys wanted something unusual for breakfast today and ordered western food. Well, you never know with these guys.

 

I was surprised though when I entered the kitchen to see Nichkhun and Taecyeon standing by the stove, frying some eggs and bacon. On the table there were already two plates with toast. Simple toast made by putting butter, ham and cheese between two slices of bread, and then microwaved.

 

I stood in the doorway and just watched the two of them making their way around the kitchen, making food.

 

“Why are there only two plates on the table? Aren’t we seven people in the dorm? Are you making this only for yourselves?” I asked after watching them for a minute or so. They both jumped, and Taecyeon almost threw the frying pan in the air.

 

“Hell! You scared the out of me!” Taecyeon said as he regained his senses.

 

“Hey Cissie,” Nichkhun said as he made his way toward me. “It’s for the two of us. I asked Taec for help since I’m not that great of a cook,” he smiled before kissing me. On the mouth. And I blushed again, because I wasn’t really used to it yet, but I was still starting to get used to it (and that didn’t make much sense, but oh well). Even though, I think I would blush every time those lips touched mine.

 

“What about the others? Won’t they get any food? Are you planning to make them starve?” The look on Nichkhun’s face when I had asked the questions was kind of cute, even though it was sulky.

 

“Aren’t you happy I made a western-style breakfast for just the two of us?” The question was asked with a pout, but I didn’t miss the small glint in his eye telling me he was just playing around.

 

“I’m happy.” And with that his huge smile was back in place and he kissed my forehead. I wasn’t really planning on saying it, but I wanted him to feel and know that I was happy about the fact that he made us breakfast (with the help of Taecyeon), despite his awful skills in the kitchen.

 

“Come on, sit down. We don’t want the food to get cold, do we?” He took my hand and led me to one of the chairs and sat me down. Before sitting down himself, he got the eggs and bacon, and told Taecyeon that he could go now. He also whispered something in his ear that I didn’t catch, but it got me a little curious.

 

“What did you whisper about?” I asked as soon as he was sitting in his chair.

 

I didn’t get any answer, just a blinding smile. And I knew that he was not going to say anything about it, so I just let it go for now.

 

“We’re free today, so don’t go anywhere. I want to spend the day with you.” And there goes the ever charming Nichkhun again. Who can say no to something like that? I’m certainly not one of them at least, so I nodded and gave him a shy smile. A whole day with Nichkhun, my boyfriend, didn’t seem that bad at all.

 

~

 

I had just finished showering and was now dressed in some comfortable clothes rather than tight pants and tops that looked nice, since Nichkhun had said that we would be staying at the dorm for the day.

 

When I came to the living room I spotted only one person. Nichkhun was sitting on the couch with a PlayStation console in his hands, looking through movies on Netflix.

 

I sat down beside him, looking at him questioningly. “Where are everyone?” It was too quiet to be the 2PM dorm, so they couldn’t be here. And the clock was already one in the afternoon, which meant that they couldn’t still be asleep. And anyway, I had seen them all earlier today.

 

“They went out or something,” Nichkhun said and gave me the console. “Pick a movie. We’ll have a movie marathon th rest of the day.”

 

I looked at him for a few seconds, trying to figure out what movie I wanted to watch. I turned around and typed in the name of the movie, then turned to Nichkhun again who was reading about it.

 

“You have got to be kidding me,” he mumbled, but quickly pulled himself together. “So, Pulse it is,” he said with a smile that was more to convince himself that this was not scary or creepy at all, than being happy with me.

 

Pulse is one of the few thriller movies that I actually find scary. It’s also the best thriller I have ever seen, and for me who thinks thrillers are not really scary and more boring it says alot about the movie itself.

 

Before we had come halfway through the movie Nichkhun had lost his mask and was switching between using me and a pillow as a shield from the things happening on the screen.

 

I couldn’t help but find it cute. A strong and grown man as Nichkhun, being a little coward when it came to these things. Well, I guess it’s good the others wasn’t there. Nichkhun would have been bullied for life for it.

 

When the movie finally ended Nichkhun let out a relieved breath as he took the console and quickly searched up The Proposal. But before he could press play my phone rang.

 

“Hello?” I said uncertainly. The number wasn’t saved in my contacts so didn’t know who it was.

 

Hello, this is Lee Hansoo,” the man on the other side said.

 

“Oh, hello!”

 

I’m calling to say that mister Park Jinyoung wants you to audition later today.”

 

I was stunned. The Park Jinyoung, JYP himself wanted me to audition. This couldn’t be true, right?

 

“But I can’t sing,” I said as it crossed my mind.

 

Not for singing, but acting,” came the reply, and now I was really stunned. And before I thought more about it I said that I would do it. I don’t know what was going on in my head, but I didn’t get any time to think more about it as he told me that the audition would be in three hours. It didn’t have to be long, just long enough to show off my skills, and how fast I could memorise a manuscript.

 

When I hung up I just stared at Nichkhun, not really believing my luck these last few weeks. First off I get to work and live with 2PM, then I become the girlfriend of 2PM’s Nichkhun, and then JYP wants me to audition for him. If I get accepted I think I’ll have to thank the mighty people higher up for my luck, because this is just unbelievable.

 

“I have to find something to work with and memorise a manuscript by the next three hours,” I said both to inform Nichkhun a little, and to tell myself what to do.

 

“Why?” Nichkhun asked, but he didn’t get an answer, because I was already on my way to find my computer and get something done.

 

The following hour was spent finding a theme and write a short manuscript.

 

It doesn’t have to be long, and you can speak English, mister Lee had said.

 

When I was satisfied with my work I started memorising it and perfecting it. It went amazingly smooth, and when there were fifteen minutes left until the audition started I was finally ready to go.

 

“Hey, Nichkhun! Can you give me a ride to the JYP building?” I asked Nichkhun when I entered the living room where he was sitting; still watching fluffy comedies to forget about the thriller.

 

“Sure.” And with that he turned off the television.

 

On our way to the company building I was going through the manuscript over and over. I only stopped when we pulled over to the parking lot.

 

“Good luck with whatever you’re going to do Cissie,” he said before giving me a kiss.

 

“Thanks,” I said with an appreciative smile and got out of the car, making my way through the huge building, using the instructions I got from mister Lee.

 

When I got to my destination there were no one around so I knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,” someone said in broken English from the inside. Why did they talk English? Wasn’t this Korea where there were only Korean people going to these auditions?


Well, whatever, I thought as I entered the room, hoping that this would go as smooth as my last rehearsal did.

 

 

 

 

 

So I just put the three parts together in one
chapter, since that is what it was supposed
to be ;D