009

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa! Umma! Wake up!!!”

The loud voice woke up the latter. Her eyes opened and quickly saw Seohyun’s face just few inches close to her.

“Good morning Umma!!!” the seven-year-old greeted before giving her a peck on her cheeks. She can’t help but mirror the latter’s smile.

 

“Good morning, Seohyun,” she mumbled and was on her way to sit up if not for the long arm, hugging her torso. She turned to her right and was greeted by Yuri’s face. Their faces are so close to each other that she can taste his scent, making her blood rush.

 

“Umma,” Seohyun called again. She turned to her. “I’m hungry. Cook me breakfast! Let’s go. I’ll be late for school.”

“Let’s go, let’s go.” She mumbled and slowly put away Yuri’s hugging arm on her. But before she could even jump out of the bed, the latter had woken up, yawning.

“Appa!!!” exclaimed Seohyun. “Good morning!”

“Morning,” he greeted back, rubbing his eyes. “What time is it now?”

“30 minutes before 6.”

His eyes widened and quickly stood up. “You’re going to be late. Have you taken a bath already?”

“Ne.”

“Very good. Now let’s go and I’ll cook our breakfast,” he said and quickly ran out of the room.

Seohyun then turned to her. “Let’s go Umma!!!”

Jessica just nodded at her and let Seohyun pulled her towards the kitchen.

 

 

*****

 

“Appa, can Umma bring me to school today?” asked Seohyun, finished with her breakfast.

 

“You should ask her not me,” he responded, chewing the last piece of his toast. “But it’s okay with me.”

 

“Umma?”

 

Jessica smiled and nodded at her. “I need to change first.”

 

“I’ll go with you. let’s go!!!”

 

 

“Girls be quick. Class starts at 7!!!”

 

“NE!!!!”

 

 

*****

 

 

“Choi Yungwon?”

 

“Present.”

 

“Kim Yunyeon?”

 

“Present.”

 

“Kim Sunghwan?”

 

“Present.”

 

“Kwon Seohyun?”

 

….

 

 

“Kwon Seohyun, not here?”

 

 

“Ne….” students answered.

 

“gun Jin Kyu?”

 

 

“Present.”

 

“Park Myungjin?”

 

 

“Present.”

 

“Shim YUnhi?”

 

“Pre-“

 

 

Knock Knock.

 

Everyone turned to the front door. “Excuse me,” said the unfamiliar Blondie on the doorstep.

 

“Yes ma’am? What can I do for you?” asked the home room teacher. Suddenly Yuri together with Seohyun appeared and stood next to the unknown lady. “Mr. Kwon, Seohyun-ah!”

 

“Good morning, Mrs. Song. I’d like to apologize for making Seohyun late for class today,” he said.

 

“Ah yeah. I was curious too on why she was not here today. Has there been an emergency or something?”

 

“No. Everything’s okay.”

 

 

“I wanted my Umma to bring me to school but it took us long in choosing what to wear,” innocently explained by the seven-year-old.

 

“Seohyun!” whispered Yuri, disapprovingly.

 

While Jessica smiled nervously at the teacher.

 

“Omo, so it’s true? Seohyun’s mother is here! Whaa… Now I know where our Seohyun-ah got her beautiful genes. Beautiful mother and a handsome father. Anyway, I’m Song Hyekyo, I’m Seohyun’s home room teacher, nice to meet you Mrs. Kwon…”

 

Jessica bowed. “It’s nice to meet you too Teacher Song.”

 

The home room teacher continued her praises on how little Seohyun was doing with her studies.

 

“Thank you Teacher Song. Please continue guiding our Seohyun well.”

 

“It’s a pleasure.”

 

“We’ll be going ahead now. Good bye Seohyun-ah.”

 

The pseudo couple bowed. The rest of the class including Teacher Song watched as the family kissed and hugged each other goodbye.

 

“Be good on class, okay Baby?”

 

“Ne Appa!”

 

“We’ll see you later.”

 

“Bye Umma!”

 

 

*****

 

 

“I’m sorry for what had happened last night,” Jessica mumbled, looking down as the two of them are now on their way back home.

 

“It’s okay. But hope you don’t mind me asking. Does this happen to you a lot? Your nightmares?” asked Yuri glancing at her for a while before focusing once again on the road.

 

“Not really. But recently, it does.”

 

“What are they about?”

 

She frowned and closed her eyes. “They aren’t really clear on my vision. There are voices and it makes my head hurt.” She opened her eyes and looked at him.

 

“They must be your past memories. I’ve read some of them last night. I’ve been studying your situation so I can help you.”

 

“Really? You do?”

 

He nodded. She can’t help but smile to herself. Yuri’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hello,” he answered, using the car’s Bluetooth device.

 

“Corn Yuri, Anyeong!!!”

 

Yuri frowned. “Who’s this?”

 

“It’s your hyung! Yoo Jaesuk.”

 

“Oh Hyung!!! Anyeonghaseyo!”

 

“Hello, I heard about your wife!”

 

Yuri’s jaw dropped, “Wi-wife?”

 

“I heard my colleagues talking about it. Everyone’s actually curious on who is that girl. And Hyuna, my secretary told me that she saw her too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter