022

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heels clacking echoed on the hallway as a glamorous girl walked her way to her destination. But the latter stopped for a moment. Her brows frowned and looked at the series of numbers pasted on the doors. She transferred the basket of fruits to her left hand as her right hand was starting to get numb.

 

“What did they say her room was?” she asked, more to herself. She pondered for a moment. “Is it 227? 228? Or 229?”

 

The girl wanted to ruffle her hair in frustration. But she stopped herself. It took her hours to fix her hair. It’d be a waste if she’ll mess it up by herself.

 

She went back looking at doors. The latter decided to knock on the first one. 227. She slowly walked in, what she saw was a girl in brown hair, eyes darted outside her room.

 

She frowned. She was expecting to see the Blondie fiancé of her former classmate standing like a Greek God somewhere in the room. Looking around, she saw nothing of what she had expected. It wasn’t the right room. It’s VIP room though. She shrugged, she must be really wrong.

 

“I’m sorry,” she softly said. She bowed and was about to walk out when the girl turned to her, brown hazel eyes meeting hers.

 

Her eyes widened…

 

“Mute gi- I-I m-mean… Jung Sooyeon…” she called.

 

The girl looked at her with curiosity. She doesn’t talk though. Ah!!! Of course she won’t, you pabo, she said to herself. Mute girl. It means she’s mute. Are you nuts?

 

She walked towards her to have a closer look. She took note of the changes that happened to the latter. From high school she knew her to be a nerd, blonde, and not to mention mute. Time really changes people over time, she thought. She also took note how the latter’s physique had changed. She’s slimmer, and though-hard-to-admit, beautiful.

 

“You know me?”

 

She stopped on her tracks. Am I hearing things or what? Jung Sooyeon can talk? She slowly nodded.

 

“P-park Gyuri, remember? Y-you… What are you doing here?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

She’s not definitely hearing things. She can talk. She stopped herself in making a fuss about it. But she can’t help but frown. Don’t know? Tss.

 

Of all days, does she really have to meet her former bullied classmates…? Hwang Miyoung also known as Tiffany Hwang who was recently caught on a shooting fiasco and now she unexpectedly meet the latter’s best friend, Jung Sooyeon. She unconsciously shook her head.

 

“Who are you?” a new comer asked. She turned around and saw a doe eyed boy frowning at her. Though he seemed really angry for suddenly barging in someone’s room, he’s still too handsome that a smile crept on her lips.

 

“Park Gyuri. I’m Sooyeon’s former classmate from high school, in Seoul All Girls High School,” she introduced herself and strode towards the standing epitome of human being. He wasn’t as good as Miyoung’s fiancé but he’s definitely a sight to see.

 

The latter only frowned and looked at the patient sitting on the hospital bed. His brow rose at her and she followed his silent questioning gaze towards Sooyeon. Sooyeon only shook her head at him.

 

Clueless at what was happening, she suddenly remembered the elegant piece of paper placed inside her bag. She zipped it open and retrieved a gold invitation.

 

“Here,” she handed to the doe eyed boy. “Our class will be having a gathering. It’s so fortunate for me to find you. I’ve asked your best friend Miyoung about your whereabouts but she kept mum during our talk. Have you been on a fight with her?” she asked. But looking at Sooyeon’s face told her that she had no intention of answering anytime, just like Miyoung does.

 

“It’s okay,” she shrugged. Tired of her monologue, she exhaled and gathered herself. “I’m supposed to visit Miyoung today but I found you instead. You know, I’m not good with directions,” she chuckled to herself. “I need to go ahead. Anyway, my contact information is there, you can call me so we can catch up, okay?”

 

“We’ll call you later,” the doe eyed boy answered for her. She looked back and forth at the two. Something’s weird, she thought. She shrugged them once again, thinking she was again over analyzing things.

 

“Anyway, I’ll see you later?” Both slowly nodded at her. “Hope I could see you there…”

 

“Im Yoong.”

 

“Nice to meet you Im Yoong-sshi.”

 

The boy nodded and soon she waved goodbye to the both of them and headed the next room. 228, the room in front Sooyeon’s… it was another mistake for her. Then lastly, 229, the room lying next to Sooyeon’s, she softly knocked.

 

“Come in…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter