008

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

France, 10 am

 

The rain had started pouring and a blond guy stood in front of his window watching it with full interest. Looking into his face, he was just like a man dazing, deep in thought. A yawning girl entered the room, she quickly stopped on her tracks and heavily sighed. Her entrance was oblivious to the other person in the room, even when she started walking to his side. She put her hands around his waist. She didn’t fail to notice how stiff he suddenly was. He turned to her, tears dwelling on his eyes, shock evident too.

He was about to wipe them and speak but was stopped by her quick hands that reached for his cheeks, wiping the tears that already fell. “It’s me,” she said softly.

He can’t help but look apologetically at her while she shook her head saying a silent ‘it’s okay,’ as a response. A smile faintly touched his lips, a more genuine than the smile he had few days ago. He slowly leaned in to her for a chaste kiss.

“Where have you been?” he asked.

“I came from the hotel’s restaurant and ordered us our breakfast.”

“Why go there when you can always call them.”

“I want to have my morning walk. I missed a lot from my routine,” she grinned.

“You don’t need to exercise, honey. You’re y and even if you’re not, what’s the big deal?”

“I know, I know. But I still want to. And anyways, your father just called. I just finished talking to him. He was very worried of you. He said he can’t sleep,” he said caressing his face.

“Why was everyone worried of me? I’m fine and there’s nothing wrong with me,” he frowned a little.

The girl hesitantly answered. “We know how much you love her, your sister. Your father is scared of losing another child, honey. He’s old now and it hurts him too that his child had to die before him. Both of you are hurting and you’re like-“

“Like what?” he interrupted.

“Acceptance is the first step to moving on. You can always cry.”

He didn’t answer. Instead he just hugged her.

“Boo,” he called her.

With their almost 5 years of relationship together, she still can’t get over the tingling feeling she have whenever he called her that. She giggled and looked at him, “Yes my boo?”

“I’m sorry.”

“What for?”

“I’m sorry that our wedding was put off.”

After losing his sister, their wedding was put off and can’t help but feel burdened about it. Many was anticipating, their family, friends and more.

She, on the other hand, felt bad for him. Now she felt good that she had suggested this little vacation just for the two of them. For the past few months, her fiancé has been quiet. It was eerie quiet with him, no words, no tears, nothing. He showed nothing but a straight face. She can’t imagine how broke he would be if another month will pass without him confiding his feelings to someone. He’s always like that, bottling up all the feelings by himself.

“Hey, look at me.”

No movement.

“Look at me, Mister,” grabbing his face with both of her hands to make him face her. “There’s no need for you to apologize, okay? We lost your sister, my best friend. We are all in grief. Personally, I can’t imagine walk on the aisle knowing how we are all hurting. I was the one who decided it. And it’s not for you. It’s for all of us. Remember?”

“Remember?” she repeated.

“Yes.”

“You, your father and I are not ready. And I know how hard it was to keep in the public, not to cry in front of them, but you could’ve at least let me comfort you. You could’ve at least cry on me. But you didn’t. It hurts me seeing you like this. That’s why we’re here. You need a break,” she exploded. “You know she’ll be sad seeing you like this.”

“I’m sorry,” he looked down, guilty.

“Love means you never have to say sorry.”

“Love story.”

Both of them giggled. She hugged him. “Boo, crying doesn’t make you less of a man. I know you’re trying to be strong in front of everyone but you’re still just a human, shedding tears when sad. You’re not a god just like what they imposed you to be. It’s never wrong to cry, she’s half of your life.”

It’s not too after when her fiancé shook in her arms, sobbing and crying for the first time. It made her teary eyed. But she has to be strong. Right now, she’ll be the one who will hold him up. She knew how fragile he is right now.

“T-the day she died,” he sniffed. “I heard her voice again after almost 2 decades of her being mute and she told me how she loves me. She talked. I heard her voice again. Why? Why did she have to leave me now that the two of us could be-“

The latter couldn’t talk anymore and cried harder. Remembering that supposed to be a night for a new beginning for them, for their family turns out to be a disaster. He missed her so much.

The tears the girl had been holding up started falling as well. Now, she understands how hurt he was. It must have hurt like hell.

Time had passed and their tears seemed to have stopped flowing out. The two of them are now watching the still pouring rain, wrapped in each other’s arms.

“Raining had always scared me,” she mumbled as she scooted closer to him.

“I know.”

“I can’t still seem to take away this sense of urgency and panic whenever it rains. It reminds me of her so much.”

“Me, too.”

The girl thought of those screaming rainy nights. She shook her head. She’s somehow relief that she won’t have to experience the same nightmare again and again.

“Boo, do you think we could enjoy our scheduled itinerary for today? France seems to be on bad weather,” he said. “I don’t want to go out for now.”

 

She turned to him and smirked. “What a house fairy you are. If not for your events you won’t even get out of the house but you know, we could always cuddle on our bed for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter