003

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You want me to be your Umma?” she asked her.

Seohyun nodded eagerly. “I’ve always wanted an Umma. Since Appa goes to work every day, I was always left alone. At school, my classmates teased me for not having an Umma. I want an Umma to walk me to school. I want an Umma to bring me my lunch to the school then we’ll walk home together, shop together then bath together,” she explained teary eyed.

Seeing how lonely the little hyper girl earlier was, made her feel sad. She doesn’t know how to put it, but part of her understood the latter. ‘But would it really be like that?” she thought. She had a little knowledge that this little girl has a father and she might even have a mother. She had don’t what to say and just shrugged.

“Please….” She begged, rubbing her hands together.

“Y-your father- “

“Please?”

Jessica was having a mind battle of she would agree or not. But in the end, she can’t find the point. ‘Screw it,’ she said to herself and sighed. “Fine!”

“Really?” Seohyun excitedly asked.

She nodded.

“YAY!!! I have an UMMA!!!!!” she cheered. She started running around the room. Jessica can’t help but chuckle at her. She stopped and returned sitting next to her.

“Jessica Umma!” she called.

She smiled, “Yes, Seohyun?”

“Umma!”

“Yes, Seohyun?”

“Nothing,” she grinned widely and happily cheered again.

Jessica giggled. “Okay stop it, I don’t want you to trip or something.”

She quickly stopped and sat next to her Umma. ‘Maybe this won’t be bad after all.’

“Okay, Seohyun-ah, let’s have a deal. For now, I’m going to be your Umma. We’ll go to your school, and do anything you want. But tell me about yourself first. How old are you?”

“Seven,” she answered quickly.

The two continued chatting, it was too fast that they didn’t notice that it was pass 12 already, if not for Jessica’s growling stomach, which wasn’t filled up for almost two days. The two laughed and went to the kitchen together.

“Umma, do you know how to cook,” Seohyun looked at her curiously, as they walked hand-in-hand.

“I don’t know,” Jessica pouted, “Do we have to cook now?”

Seohyun let go of her hand and ran to the fridge opening it. To her relief, she remembered that her father left her something to eat. She turned to the Blondie and smiled, “We don’t have to cook, Umma.”

“That’s good,” she smiled and sat on the chair, watching Seohyun as the latter put their meal inside the microwave the quickly joined her. “What do you want to do next?”

“Let’s play outside!!” she happily suggested.

“Okay we’ll go after we eat and take a bath. I feel sticky and I think I smell,” she said scrunching her nose.

“No Umma! You smelled good!”

“Really?” She nodded.

“But I still need to bath and of course change my clothes.”

“Let’s bath together!!!” Seohyun suggested again, eyes twinkling in excitement.

Jessica chuckled. “Okay, okay, Ms. Aladdin, we’ll bathe together then we’ll go out, agree?”

“Yay!!! I love you Umma!”

And as said, the two filled their mouths with the meal Seohyun had reheated. Soon after, the two of them took a bath together. Seohyun felt happy because one by one her wishes are coming true while for Jessica, she’s beginning to feel the sense of belonging, just like when she was with Suzy and Sohee back in Jeju.

Rummaging her bag with her clothes and necessities prepared by her best friends, Jessica put on a new set of clothes and quickly the two went out, walking hand-in-hand just as Seohyun dreamt of.

“Seohyun-ah, anyeong!” greeted an old lady.

The two of them stopped and Seohyun bowed at her. “Hello Mrs. Lee! How are you?”

The old lady smiled and lowered to Seohyun’s eye level. “I’m fine, how about you? And whoa, who is this lady with you?”

“I’m fine, Mrs. Lee,” she answered. “This is my Umma, her name is Jessica.”

The old lady stood up and looked at her. “Seohyun’s Umma is very pretty. It’s my first time seeing you here. It’s nice meeting you.”

Jessica nervously smiled at her and bowed, “It’s nice to meet you too, and I’m Jessica.”

“Umma, she took care of me whenever Appa is away, she’s also the mother of Minyoung my playmate,” she told Jessica. “Mrs. Lee, do you know where Minyoung is?”

“She’s inside; do you want me to call her?” She nodded. “Okay wait here.”

Mrs. Lee quickly went inside the house. Not too long after a girl who looks the same age as Seohyun came.  She has a black hair and beautiful face. She smiled upon seeing Seohyun.

“Anyeong Seohyun-ah!!”

“Hello Min. Let’s go to the park?”

“Sure!” she agreed and quickly noticed the Blondie next to her friend. She bowed and introduced herself. “I’m Lee Minyoung, nice to meet you!”

Jessica smiled and bowed, too. “I’m Jessica, nice to meet you Minyoung.”

“Min, this is my Umma,” eye-smiled the latter.

“Your Umma??” she exclaimed.

Seohyun happily nodded. “Let’s go!”

With holding the hands of Min and Jessica, Seohyun happily skipped her way to the park. Min smiled seeing how her best friend and neighbor Seohyun was h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter