007

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you for coming, Mr. Lee. Have a nice day,” Yuri thanked the old man as their meeting come to an end.

 

“Yeah, I’m so glad we could have this project together,” he said as they shook hands. “Your late father must have been very satisfied that his company landed to good hands. You’re definitely doing a good job Yuri-sshi,” he smiled complementing the 26-year-old President.

 

“Thank you sir. But still I’d like to credit that to all our employees and my father’s trusted assistants. Without them, I wouldn’t be able to adjust faster. I hope my father is happy wherever he is right now.”

 

“He sure will,” Mr. Lee nodded. After the sad death of the 70-year-old President Kwon Inc. due to an illness, Yuri, who’s only 21at that time, had taken over the company. Many had speculated the company’s nearing end upon losing its brain, but the young Yuri proved everyone that he can manage. And now the company is back on track, stable on the market, attracting a lot of investors and slowly but surely getting the attention of the industry. That’s why almost all the loyal customers and business partners from Yuri’s father’s reign are coming back to the company, satisfied at how the young Kwon was running meetings, negotiations, and events. It runs in the blood, they thought.

 

The old man has now made his way out of Yuri’s office ushered by his secretary, upon bidding goodbye. It didn’t take long as Yuri’s office door opened again after he called his assistant Haha for his next appointment.

 

“Sir,” Haha bowed.

“What’s the location for the next meeting?” he asked as he prepared his folios and folders.

“Sir, your next business meeting is cancelled. Her secretary called earlier. Meeting is rescheduled tomorrow.”

 

Yuri only nodded, “Is there anything I need to do now?”

 

“Nothing sir,” answered Haha.

 

The tanned guy’s eyes widened and looked at him. “Really? You sure?”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“How about pending requests?”

 

“Vouchers, proposals and other requests are all signed yesterday, sir.”

 

“That means…”

 

“You’re free for the rest of the day sir.”

 

Yuri smiled. “Okay, thanks.”

 

*****

 

 

“I’m home,” announced the little girl.

 

It was clearly heard by the very bored Jessica, who was browsing some books she found in Suzy’s room. Quickly jumping out of her bed, she half run down the stairs. Her face quickly lit up as she met the little girl. “Seohyun-ah!!!” she called.

 

Upon hearing her voice, the seven-year-old mirrored the Blondie’s façade. But then she stopped, and her face quickly crumpled which was quickly noticed by the approaching Jessica.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you okay Seohyun?” she asked worriedly, putting her hands on her shoulder, after kneeling one of her knee in front of her.

 

The little kid can’t help but tear up and hug her tightly.

 

“Appa said I can’t call you Umma.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“He said you can’t be my mother and if I insisted, he’ll be sending you back to Jeju,” sobbed Seohyun. “Please don’t leave me…”

 

Jessica remained silent and just comforted the little girl. “Stop crying, seohyun-ah.”

 

“You won’t leave me right? Right?” the little girl asked. Eyes filled with tears. Jessica is sad at what she just knew. Did Yuri really said that? He seemed different earlier.  Jessica went back looking at Seohyun and saw how sad she is too. She hesitantly nodded.

 

“I won’t. I won’t. Now stop crying.”

 

“Really?” asked the crying latter, leaning away from their hug.

 

Jessica nodded, wiping her tears. “I agreed, didn’t I? Now, stop crying. I don’t like seeing you cry.”

 

Seohyun sniffed and helped in wiping her own tears. She smiled at her Umma before hugging her again. “Thank you Umma.”

 

“Go change your clothes, I’ll wait for you here then let’s do want you want to do,” she said patting the girl’s head.

 

Seohyun eagerly nodded and quickly ran to her room. When the young girl was out of sight, the Blondie can’t help but sigh.

 

‘Is that what he really wanted?’ she thought, sitting on the sofa.

 

The ringing doorbell had brought her back to reality. The latter stood up and walked towards the door.

 

*****

 

“Thank you sir, please come again,” the saleslady bowed after handing the tanned guy the large Keroro doll he just purchased. Since it’s still early, he decided to go home but went the other way around as he remembered to apologize and patch things up with his daughter Seohyun.

 

He reciprocated the bow and smiled, whistling on his way back to his car. He can’t help but grin to himself as he saw how adorable and cute the stuff toy he had just bought. Putting his bags at the back of his Hyundai Tucson, his phone rang.

 

“Kwon Yuri spe-“

 

“Appa…” his sobbing daughter interrupted.

 

“Seohyun-ah? Baby, why are you crying?” he asked worriedly as he quickly went inside his car. There are few noises he can here from the background. He can’t help but panic.

 

“Appa…” she repeated. “Help Umma…”

 

“I’m on my way. Wait for Appa, okay?”

 

Ending the call, Yuri quickly turned his engine to life and drove as fast as he could, going home.  He stopped his car in front of their house and quickly ran his way to the doorstep only to see that the door was left open. He heard m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter