017

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sica… Seohyun… Wake up. We’re home.”

 

The little one groaned and blinked before snuggling close to her mother. Yuri snorted in amusement. The two seemed really tired and was once again sleeping peacefully. He was about to add more force in waking them up when Myungsoo appeared after opening the door.

 

“Sir, I’ll take Seohyun to her room.”

 

“O-okay.”

 

Myungsoo nodded and slowly lifted Seohyun away from Jessica, and quickly brought to her room. Left alone with Jessica, who remained sleeping too peaceful, Yuri smiled and imitated Myungsoo, lifting the latter towards their room.

 

He exhaled a mouthful of air after laying her down on their bed.

 

“Baby wake up.”

 

No movement.

 

“Sica…”

 

A little later, the latter finally groaned and stretched her limbs.

 

“Sicababy…”

 

“Uhmm…” she moaned, rubbing her eyes, looking around.

 

“You need to wash up and change your clothes.”

 

“Don’t want,” she whined and rolled to hid herself under the blanket.

 

“Ohh…” said Yuri. “Too lazy, eh? Shall I call Wheein for some assistance?”
 

“I’m up!! Hish,” glared Jessica before walking towards the bathroom.

 

Yuri laughed and went his way to prepare their respective sleeping wear, before going out to wash on the nearby bathroom.

 

The moment he’s back, Jessica is already on the bed, sitting and smiling against her cellphone. He frowned. Her phone rang indicating an arrival of a message then another one. Jessica erupted in laughter almost rolled on the bed before calming herself down to type a reply.

 

He cleared his throat albeit too loud; well just in case the brown haired is too preempted to even notice that he was already there. Well, fortunately the latter looked at him. He smiled.

 

“Seobang, you’re back.”

 

“Seems like you found a text mate, eh?” he said and sat next to her. He checked her temperature again and it seemed that the latter’s temperature is normal again.

 

She grinned. “It’s Yoongie. He’s teaching me how to install Line. The stickers are so cute.”

 

“Yoongie? Your savior, Im Yoong?”

 

She nodded, “Look at this,” giggling.

 

He leaned closer and read it. A series of Line stickers. Pfft… Pfft. T-that boy. Heh. But he refrains his laugh from exploding and just faked a smile. “I-it’s funny.”

 

“Funny?” Jessica frowned. “It’s hilarious. Jjang. Oh my Yoongie, I miss you.” She once again began typing a message, after wiping a lone tear due to her laughing fit.

 

“Hey, hey. Give me your phone.”

 

Jessica turned to him with the look of a lost puppy.

 

“You need to go back to sleep and take your rest. It’s late. Just send him your reply tomorrow morning.”

 

“But we’re not done yet. And-“

 

“Tomorrow,” sternly said Yuri.

 

The brown haired girl pouted before her shoulder sagged in defeat and hung her head low. He heaved a sigh. How can he win with that expression?

 

“Ok, fine. For now, I’ll go get your medicines and kit and you, text him but not until I get back. Is that ok?”

 

The latter lightened up that instant and happily nodded just like a child given a candy to behave well.

 

Yuri smiled and ruffled her hair, “But you have to take you meds, arasseo?”

 

She eagerly nodded. “Thanks Seobang.”

 

“I’ll be back.”

 

 

Yuri stood up and went out. He slowly walked towards the kitchen where Jessica’s meds and first aid kit are all located. After gathering them, together with a glass of water, he decided to sit on the kitchen stool and chug down a can of beer, prolonging his girlfriend’s time to text her new friend. He acknowledges it. Yoong is such a handsome boy, and he was somehow irked by the closeness of the two but he can see it from Jessica that he’s just a dongsaeng, a little brother. It’s okay, he shrugged. After few moments, he started to walk towards their room. Right when he was already in front of the door, he caught someone on his peripheral vision.

 

“So, you’re home, eh?” said Hyuna, clad in her party clothes. Back when they’re together, Hyuna’s most annoying past time is clubbing. But now, he felt nothing. And that’s good.

 

Feeling good, he smiled and turned to her, “I am.”

 

She was somehow taken aback by the smile he gave to her, and with that she responded a smile too.

 

“You seemed different today.  You’re in a good mood I can say.”

 

He nodded, still smiling, “Anyway, have a goodnight Hyuna.”

 

He waved his hand at her and went into their room.

 

“Yul!!”

 

“Seobang?”

 

He walked in and saw Jessica in front of him. He heard a wince and instantly turned to the door. He pulled it and saw Hyuna squirming in pain, cradling her fingers.

 

That instant, Yuri put down the tray of Jessica’s meds and went to Hyuna.

 

“What have you done?”

 

“M-my fingers-,” she winced, no longer can’t explain what happened.

 

“And why the hell do you do that?” he frowned.

 

“I-I just want to see you longer.”

 

Yuri heavily sighed before turning to Jessica.

 

“Baby, I’ll be back, okay?” he said then slowly walk Hyuna away.

 

For some matter, the feeling and the scene itself is déjà vu for the left one. She felt so sad not until she dropped on her knees and closed her eyes. Series of flashback came to her as she clutched her throbbing head.

 

That night at the party.

 

“You’re late, Mrs. Koala bear,” smiled Yuri.

 

“I’m not a Koala bear,” pouted Jessica, after slapping his arm.

 

Just like last night, Yuri chuckled before leaning in to give her a peck on her lips. “You’re so cute,” Jessica’s pout had quickly disappeared that instant and was now replaced by her tomato red face. She hid her blushing face as Yuri put his arms around her.

 

She winced.

 

“Guys meet my Sicababy. This is my precious love, my shy little Koala bear, Jessica Kwon.” He looked down at her, “Baby, meet my Hyungs.”

 

Tears endlessly went down her cheeks.

 

“HELPPPP!!! THE LADY CAN’T BREATHE! SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR!”

 

 

“Jessica! Take a cab and go home, okay? I’ll see you in the house!!” Yuri shouted and quickly moved out; even without hearing the latter’s answer.

 

It all repeated in fast motion that Jessica has to slam her head on the wall to stop them from coming. She put her head in between her hand and flashback was finally put into stop. Jessica panted and lay on the floor, sniffing.

 

Her phone rang again, collecting her reverie.

 

She slowly reached for her phone, wiping her tears and saw her Yoongie’s message.

 

 

‘Okay! Goodnight little Panda.’

 

Distracted from the sudden disappointment, she pressed her lips into thin line, feeling happy that even with a simple gesture, Yoong had made her smile and replied, ‘Goodnight, too Yoong.’

 

Jessica sat and closed her eyes, massaging her temples. Flashbacks are gone and what’s left now is the numb throbbing of her head and her heart.

 

KNOCK KNOCK.

 

She looked at the door and saw Seohyun, peeping in.

 

“Umma…”

 

With her tears cleared, she faked a smile and asked her to come in. “Yes, baby?”

 

“Can I sleep with you and Appa tonight?” asked Seohyun as she hugged her brown haired ‘mother.’

 

After what happened tonight, one thing’s for sure. She wanted to wear off whatever it is she’s feeling right now.

 

“Let’s just go to your room?” suggested Jessica.

 

“How about Appa?” she asked tilting her head up to her.

 

“He’s busy,” she said as she unconsciously sounded grumpier as she supposed to sound. Seohyun, as clueless as she is, nodded and the two of them hand-in-hand walked towards her room.

 

*****

 

Spending overnight at his office is nothing new for Yoong. He doesn’t like going home. This office reminds him a lot of his late mother. This feels homier for him than anything. Opening his closet, he gets his small pillow and Rilakkuma. He smiled. Rilakkuma is the last gift he got from his mother. That’s why he is his favorite. He walked towards the sofa, sniffing the brown fluffy toy. It has an odd smell. He sniffed again. It has Jessica’s scent.

 

He smiled while shaking his head. He had been texting with the latter since she woke up and for some reason he felt so happy about it. He didn’t know why but seeing the happy meeting of his noona to her husband, he’s so down when he was supposed to be not. But the moment his phone rang, indicating a text message had arrived, he is suddenly full of energy again and never felt happy with just receiving a simple ‘Yoongie’ typed on the screen ever before.

 

Upon remembering the latter, his phone rang again and he’s apparently having a phone call… from Jessica.

 

He put down his stuff and answered the phone.

 

“Noona, I thought Yuri asked you to sleep already?”

 

No answer except for the sniffing sound he can faintly hear on the background.

 

“Yoongie,” sniff.

 

“Noona? Are you all right?” he worriedly asked. “A-are you crying?”

 

“I’m fine. What are you doing?”

 

“Fine? You’re crying, am I right?” he frowned, repeating his ignored inquiry.

 

Jessica somehow cackled a little from the other line, imagining Yoong’s cute puffy angry frowning face. “No, I’m not. I… I think I have colds.”

 

“Really?” he asked, though still not buying it.

 

“Mmhmm. So what are you doing Yoongie?”

 

Yoong sighed and sat on his sofa. “I’m on my way to sleep, hugging Rilakkuma. You?”

 

“I’m at Seohyun’s room. I’m going to sleep next to her tonight.”

 

“Where’s Yuri?”

 

“H-he had to do something.”

 

He nodded. “So why do you call?”

 

“I can’t sleep.”

 

“You want me to sing you a lullaby?” teased Yoong.

 

Jessica sniggered, voice suddenly lively. “Good idea!!! But no, I know Yoongie can’t sing.”

 

“Who said that?” arching his brow.

 

“Me!” she giggled again.

 

“I’m telling you Im Yoong can sing.”

 

“Oh no. Please, spare me~”

 

 

“Haha!! Wait till you hear me sing!! So you want me to sing you a lullaby?”

 

“Nope.”

 

He sneered. That’s when Jessica is having her puff face while shaking her head. It’s rather cute. Even with just spending a day with her, he almost knew her expressions.

 

“I want to hear Rilakkuma more.”

 

“Rilakkuma?”

 

“I can’t hear Yoongie’s voice for now. He needs to practice. Haha!!”

 

Yoong rolled his eyes and sit up grabbing Rilakkuma at his tummy. “Kkuma, hear that? A scary noona is asking for you to sing!”

 

“Scary noona? Yah!!!”

 

Yoong laughed.

 

“Okay! He said he’ll sing.”

 

Yoong deepened his voice and sang ‘Naengmyun.’ At first he can hear Jessica’s snickering voice. He sang the song over and over again and after deciding that it seems enough already he stopped.

 

“Kkuma’s tired.” He breathed out, it’s true, he can’t sing. “Noona?”

 

He looked at his phone and frowned. He put back the phone to his ear and there he can hear his Noona’s faint snore. He grinned and said, “Goodnight scary noona.”

 

******

 

 

Meanwhile at Kwon’s residence…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter