001

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Suzy-ah,” familiar voice called from the outside. The Blondie who was sitting on her wheelchair stared at the door; it was as if staring at it would make the door open on its own. She sighed and looked around the room and dropped her stare at the washroom’s door, when the sound of water stopped.

“Suzy!”

Finally, the washroom’s door opened revealing a full-banged brunette, eyes widening in curiosity. “Someone calling me?”

The Blondie nodded.

The girl named ‘Suzy’ ran towards the door and opened it. “Oh, Sohee unnie, is the taxi already there?”

“Yup. Is she ready?”

“Ne,” she answered, nodding. “Shall we?”

The two girls are excited in going to Seoul. It’s been almost a year since the two of them have to stay in Jeju after being assigned to help on a provincial hospital for its lack of manpower.

“Jessica,” Suzy called as she kneeled one of her legs in front of the latter. “Today we’ll go to my Oppa’s house and as I’ve told you before, you’re gonna stay there for the time being so I hope you would behave well, okay?”

But Suzy didn’t receive any response from the latter as she was only staring straight to her eyes.  Suzy was rather used to it since the latter rarely talks.

The doctors believe in a theory that maybe she had always been mute at the same time she was still in the state of shock due the accident that had happened to her. It was few months ago when a group of fishermen had bought her to the hospital. No one knew what had happened to her and still no one has come to claim her. Developing such friendship with Suzy and Sohee, even she was a silent, cold, and introvert kind of person, not to mention mysterious, the two had been attached to her so much that the two even decided on helping her.

Suzy sighed and was about to stand up but quickly stopped when she felt a soft tugged of her shirt. She turned to look back at Jessica and saw her rather sad and teary-eyed face. She can’t help but smile and kneeled back.

“Aigoo, our little Jessica. Don’t cry,” Suzy cooed her as she wiped her tears. “Sohee unnie, look! Jessica is crying.”

As called, Sohee, Suzy’s sister, came to her side and looked at their patient slash friend. She smiled her comforting smile at her. “I’m sure Jessica will miss us, that’s why she’s crying right?”

The Blondie snorted, rolling her eyes and it was the first time for the two girls to see that from her, shocking them indeed. Seeing her friend’s shocked expression make the Blondie giggle and the two can’t help but join her. “I-its just… its just I’ll miss you,” she mumbled and hugged the two.

The sisters returned the hugged and smiled before kissing her cheek.

“We’ll miss you too.”

The blonde giggled once again.

“Shall we?”

Jessica nodded and silently wished that her new environment would be the same as what she had with Suzy and Sohee around.

 

*****

 

“Welcome back to MEEEEEEEEE!!!” Suzy exclaimed as soon as they had stopped somewhere outside the airport.

“Oh my god, please, I don’t know her,” Sohee mumbled as she pushed Jessica’s wheelchair and get passed her overly excited Seoul girl.  Jessica silently giggled, she then tiredly yawned as she felt her eyes heavy.

“You can go to sleep if you want Sica, I got you,” Sohee said, patting her shoulder. Jessica looked up to her and tiredly smiled.

“Thanks,” she mumbled.

She gave her no-problem smile and turned to her still-hyper-sister-who-might-want-to-kiss-the-soil-for-the-too-much-delight-of-being-back-to-her-born-land. “Yah Suzy!” she called. “Yuri might hit you on your head if he saw you acting all weirdo like that!”

Suzy turned to her scowling, as she pulled their bags. “I’m just happy we’re home, aren’t you happy?”

“I’m happy but not to the point of acting crazy,” she teased and did a maerong towards the younger one.

“UNNI!! You…”

“Shhh…” Sohee warned and pointed to the sleeping Jessica.

Suzy apologetically bowed to her and zipped her lips. She knew how Jessica can get easily tired even by just travelling for small distances. Well, after two months of sleeping under coma, her full energy isn’t completely back. She had to undergo bunch of therapy, for her muscles and even for her emotional stability. It took her almost three months to be completely fine. But even though Jessica was perfectly healed and can walk already the two had insisted for her to use wheelchair on their whole travel.

Suddenly, a car blew its horn on them surprising the two and Jessica, who was on the verge of her deep sleep, had stirred and jolted up. The two tsked.

‘What the hell was that?’ Suzy thought and glared at the source of the awful and annoying noise while Sohee patted Jessica, getting her attention and asked her to go back to sleep which to her relief was quickly obliged by the Blondie. Emerging from a Hyundai Tucson was a tanned slim guy, wearing his wide grin. Opposite him, Suzy grew angrier. Suzy angrily marched towards him, glaring. Yuri, who was clueless at what he had done, unconsciously back away, preparing himself from an upcoming ‘thunderstorm’ a.k.a. Suzy.

“S-suzy-ah… g-glad th-that you’re back…” he said, stuttering. But his dongsaeng continued to glare at him, scaring him even more. “Suzy-ah, i-is there a p-prob-lem?” he was sweating bullets. ‘What have I done? Am I late? Girls, oh girls why do they have to be this scary?’

“Yah, Suzy-ah,” Sohee called. “Stop it. It’s too hot in here and we need Jessica to take her meds by now.”

As if breaking out of her hunting, Suzy tamely turned to her back and nodded to her, she quickly went back and claimed their bags on a corner and silently gets in inside the car.

“Hello Yuri, how are you doing?,” Sohee greeted and walked passes him.

“I-I’m fine. Thanks,” he smiled. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“Me, too.”

“Okay, Suzy ready?” she asked. Being skillful nurses respectively, the two had no problems in transferring patients from the wheelchair to the car seat vice versa, and Jessica wasn’t an exception. She was light and easy to move. Sohee folded the wheelchair and went inside securing the sleeping figure in the middle while Yuri remained outside, zoning out. ‘Girls are really capable these days.’

“Let’s go?” asked Sohee.

“Ah, yeah, let’s go,” he said and went in the car driving them towards his house.

After a 30-minute ride, they finally arrived at Yuri’s house. It was a two-storey white house with a wide lawn full of greens and such, colorful flowers. It was big enough for him and his daughter to live in.

“Woah, Oppa I miss this house!!!” Suzy said in awe. She had been in Jeju for too long that she almost forgot how their house looked like.

The moment they stopped at the garage, Sohee quietly turned to the sleeping latter next to her. “Sica..” she whispered. “Wake up, we’re here.”

Suzy, on the other hand, quickly went at the back of the car and retrieve the wheelchair.

“Suzy-ah, it’s okay. I’ll bring her in,” Yuri said.

“You sure?” she said.

He nodded.

“Thanks,” she smiled then proceed beside Sohee, channeling what their Oppa said. Sohee nodded but can’t take her eyes of her Jessica, suddenly worrying about an instinct she wished was wrong.

Yuri lifted Jessica and felt how light she is, while the two trailed after him bringing their bags of clothes for their two days and one-night stay.

Yuri can’t help but steal few glances at the sleeping latter under his arms. The Blondie was just perfectly beautiful, but her pale colour made her look fragile and he can’t help but be worried. As soon as he had tucked her under the blankets of Suzy’s soft bed, he can’t keep his hands to himself anymore and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter