024

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Actually…Sooyeon, our Jessica, she’s suffering from amnesia.”

“A-amnesia?” Gyuri said.

The lad in front of her, nodded slightly, looking back at the sleeping figure on the bed.

“Its been almost a year ago when they found her in back Jeju and brought her to the hospital.” He said and looked back at the sleeping latter. “My sisters happen to be working there and took her. You can say they had adopted her. They took care of her until they decided to bring her here in Seoul, believing that it might help her and at the same time, their time hasn’t been enough to look completely after her. I do take care of her but time passed by so fast and I fell for her. I wanted to help her so I promised that I’ll find her family, and help bring her memories back.” He looked at her. “I believe, You can help me, right?”

What’s this? Sooyeon has been with him all this time? Miyoung… did she knew? What’s actually happening here? But the latter was only looking at him. She can’t help but look down. “I… I…” her eyes widened at a thought. She swiftly stood up from her seat.

 

“W-why?” asked Yuri.

 

She looked at him. “Come with me…” she said and quickly grabbed the tanned guy towards the door.

 

“Hey hey. I have to stay here!” protested the tanned guy. But the girl wasn’t listening to him and continued grabbing to God knows where. But they only stopped at the doorstep next door. He eyed him curiously. “Hey.” She looked at him once again before opening the door.

 

This time five heads turned its way to them. Upon seeing that it was her, the earlier guest, they went back at ease.

“Gyuri,” she called, eye-smiling at her. “You came back! Who-“

“Miyoung-ah…” she said interrupting her. “Tell me honestly, what happened to Sooyeon?”

All they heard was nothing but silence. The Miyoung girl transformed from being the jolly to an aloof one. She wasn’t even looking at them.

 

Yuri who was standing next to Gyuri can’t decipher what he was doing in this room. He looked around and he only saw the group of men, standing on the four corners of the VIP room, the ones like Jessica’s. He looked at the girl sitting on the hospital bed. She seemed familiar. He just can’t remember why and how. He frowned.

 

“Yuri…”

 

He heard his name. He looked down at her.

 

“She might be the one who can help you better than me.”

 

‘Really?’

 

He looked back at the girl, mirroring the same confused expression he has.

 

“What are you saying, Gyuri?” inquired the girl named Miyoung. He threw Gyuri the same glance too.

 

“She’s Sooyeon’s best friend back in High School. They even went on the same University in college.”

 

“You see-“

 

“Sooyeon’s dead! She died few months ago!!!” exclaimed Miyoung and it caught the two off guard. The latter now has already had her tears streaming endlessly on her cheeks. “She’s dead already, happy!!! Now leave!”

 

The guards became stiff again and strode their way towards the two.

 

“But she’s alive!!!” answered Yuri.

 

Miyoung looked at him, eyes full of tears, now soft different from her outburst earlier.

“I’m with her! She’s here. She’s staying just next door!”

 

“Please… I want to be alone…” pleaded Miyoung. “Please, walk them out, I want to take a rest.”

 

The four black suited men bowed and approached them and began walking them out.

 

“She lost her memory!!! She had amnesia! She’s…”

 

Before they could explain further, the guards had already shut the two out, leaving the crying girl alone on her room.

*****

He had just left the hospital for the very important call from the now Imperial Officer, and his then secretary, Kim Jong kook. He quickly has to leave his fiancé and attend to it. He was now being driven by one of his Royal Security while he was looking outside his window. His phone suddenly rang. A smile crept on his lips upon reading the name of his caller.

 

“Love, you miss me that fast?” he teasingly asked the moment he answered the call.

“Tae…”

He frowned. Her voice cracked. She’s crying. He was, at that instant, became anxiously worried of her. “Love… Why are you crying?”

“It’s… I- I miss you…” she cried.

The blonde prince sighed and smiled to himself. How can he not love the girl? She was his everything, his nutrition and at the same the time, his addiction. He, of course, didn’t regret proposing marriage to her. She was there when he was so down and helpless, mourning and weeping for his late sister. But he had started the process of moving on. Sooner or later, he knew, he can finally let go and accept that Sooyeon is dead.

 

“Love… I promise, as soon as everything is done, I’ll be back before you know it, okay?”

 

“Ppalli…” she whispered.

“Ne…”

“I love you, Tae…”

“I love you too. Go to sleep for now, you need to rest.”

“Okay,” she answered and quickly the line ended and closed her eyes, before slowly dozing off to unconsciousness.

 

******

Knock Knock…

 

A smile crept the latter’s lips and hurriedly made her way towards the door, opening it. Her smile got wider as she saw him smiling radiantly. She was then engulfed on a tight warm hug from her fiancé, Kim Taeyeon.

 

Both of them pulled away. She asked him to come in before closing the door.

 

They walked towards the couch, both facing each other. “You look you happy, love,” she happily mumbled, reaching for his hand.

 

He nodded.

 

“I just send off Sooyeon to her vacation trip,” he and a wide smile appear on his lips. “She told me she loves Oppa so much.”

 

The girl in front of him, mirror the happy expression he had. Her fiancé is everyday happy whenever he talks about his twin sister, her best friend. Few days ago, Sooyeon told her that she wanted to have a vacation in Jeju before telling her something important. She even emphasized it to be a surprise. She can’t wait for her to be back and know what her surprise would be. She and her fiancé would be two weeks away from their wedding day, and by that time, Sooyeon will be back. Two more weeks… she told herself.

 

The two went on with the night talking and cuddling in front of the TV. Since both are busy with their own jobs, they merely had time for each other. It was these times that even a minute was spent without waste. They would sink on to their own world, whispering sweet nothings and eventually sleep on each other’s arms.

 

‘Rrrrringggg…. Rrrrringggg….’

 

One of the bodies moved and groaned as the phone continued ringing in the middle of the night. The awakened answered the phone.

 

“Stephanie Hwang speaking,” she whispered, trying not to wake up the still sleeping fiancé of hers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter