018

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ladies and gentlemen welcome our very special guests for today,” said the emcee. “Crown Prince Taeyeon and fiancée Tiffany Hwang.”

And the couple entered, everyone stood and bowed at the couple on the red carpet aisle of the opening ceremony of an Art Museum for the works of Korea’s famous painters and artists. A lot of businessmen, government officials and high class socialites attended the said event, anticipating the attendance of the royalties. As the couple arrived at the end of the aisle the two smiled at the press cameras and bowed.

Taeyeon walked towards the podium and said his short speech. “Thanks for inviting me and my future wife in this event. Let’s all enjoy the excellent works of our own artists and please continue giving them your endless support. Thank you and good day everyone.” He bowed once again and walked back next to his fiancé. The two of them together with few other invited guests cut the ribbon altogether and soon went in inside the museum. The couple walked around the area surrounded by black suited securities.

It is a common knowledge that as a Royalty it is important to keep them safe. Although the monarchy of Korea had no say on how the economy works, the Royal family has been the image of their country, the one that the people look up to. An image that represents the prosperity and culture of the country.

After few moments of looking around, seeing the artworks, Tiffany excused herself to the washroom while her fiancé was caught up on a conversation with few good friends of his father. She was escorted by two of their securities.

 

While washing her hands, she smiled to the others who bowed at her until…

 

“You must be very happy, future Queen.”

 

Tiffany looked up and turned around, she frowned. No one’s around. “Who are you?”

 

“No need to find out. Mind yourself, or you’ll be dead before you know it.”

Tiffany quickly pushed the toilet door one by one looking for the source of the voice. Confirming she’s alone on the washroom she quickly ran out looking scared and worried at the same time.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” she almost yelled asking her securities.

“H-he’s still there, Miss,” said her security. She followed his pointed direction and saw Taeyeon.” Is there something wrong?” he worriedly asked.

“You need to secure Taeyeon!!! Someone’s here. We need to go back now. Quick!”

Sensing the urgency from her voice, that instant, her two guards contacted their chief Security, who was with Taeyeon. From her distance, she can see how the bunch of black suited men quickly escorted her fiancé way out of the museum.

“Miss we need to go now too.”

She nodded and her two guards quickly walked her out until she met with the group protecting Taeyeon. While the royalties are waiting for their cars, the crowd went to chaos when a gun shot was heard. And before they knew it, one of the Royal Couple was down.

 

 

*****

 

“Aircon~” whined Jessica as soon as she and Wheein settled on a food chain after few hours of job hunting. Looking for a job is not as easy as she thought it will be. Every establishment looks for working experience, and educational attainment.

 

“Let’s rest for now, Sica-yah,” said the older one after putting down her small bag.

 

The latter nodded.

 

“What would you want to order?” she asked to her unnie who is now like a melted ice, her face resting on the table.

 

The latter lightened up with eyes twinkling in excitement. “Beef!! Then you choose anything, you too Wheein-ah, order anything you want.”

 

“Okay, Sica unnie. I’ll be back in a moment.”

 

“Ne!”

 

As Wheein left her, Jessica went back to her ‘I-am-very-tired Mode,’ her head lying on the table in a very lazy manner looking out at the very heated road outside. She sighed.

 

Flash report.

 

Stephanie Hwang also known as Tiffany, fiancée of Crown Prince Kim Taeyeon is currently on the Operating Room after she was shot on her arm during the opening ceremony for the Seoul Art Museum…

 

 After hearing the familiar name, Jessica shot up and looked at the playing news. Prince Taeyeon is on the news again. She wanted to smile seeing her current crush but seeing the dilemma the young Prince is facing now, she can’t help but feel worried and sad. She silently prayed that the girl will be fine.

 

She suddenly remembered Yoong and quickly called the lad.

 

“Yoongie!”

 

“Oohh. Panda bear Noona anyeong!”

 

Jessica whined. “Panda bear noona? Why?”

 

Yoong chuckled while he slowly skimmed at the document in his hand. “The more I get to know Noona, the more she resembles a panda.”

 

“Yoongie,” she called.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Have you heard?”

 

“The what?”

 

“My prince’s fiancée was shot,” fussed the brown haired girl.

 

“Really? Is that the reason you called?”

 

“Yes. Wheein and I are here in a restaurant, and then the TV suddenly flashed the news about my wanjanim,” explained Jessica.

 

“What are you doing there?” he asked further.

 

“To eat, of course.”

 

“I know that, silly noona. Why are you wandering around? Are you a fugitive again?”

 

“No! Stop teasing me. I’m not alone, I told you I’m with Wheein, she’s helping me to look for a job,” she ostentatiously stated.

 

“You? Looking for a job?” grunted Yoong in disbelief before laughing whole heartedly at the idea of a panda like Jessica who loves to sleep will work, like seriously? “So you mean, your Seobang allowed you? To look for job?”

 

“Of course,” she breathed out. “Oh! Speaking of which, can you help me find one?”

 

“I don’t need a panda,” rejected Yoong.

 

“You are SO mean!” pouted Jessica. “I hate you, you- you- deer!!”

 

“Deer?” he repeated before laughing once again. “Is that an insult or compliment?”

 

“You always associate me to an animal, I have to do that to you too!” childishly debated the older one.

 

“Ooooh,” purred Yoong. “The baby panda is mad; the deer is frightened.”

 

“The food’s here unnie,” Wheein announced, her tray full of their lunch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter