004

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seohyun,” Yuri called as he knocked on his daughter’s room. But he was just answered with silence. He exhaled loudly. “Baby, dinner’s ready.”

 

“I DON’T WANT TO EAT!!!!” the girl yelled.

 

The tanned guy can’t help but feel sorry. He sighed and softened his voice. “Seohyun-ah, you need to eat now. Please listen to appa.”

 

“NO!!!!” I’m not talking to you anymore!!! Go away!”

 

He sighed again. He felt guilty arguing with his daughter. Earlier while preparing their dinner, finally calming down, he had time reflecting to himself, thinking of the things he had told his daughter. He felt stupid for arguing with a kid and felt immature. “Baby, Appa’s sorry.”

 

He was again answered with another silence and can’t help but heave another exasperated sigh. He didn’t know how much he had sighed today, but certainly it was record breaking.

 

“I’ll just leave your dinner in front of your door. Eat when you’re hungry, okay baby?”

 

After sighing for the last time, he decided to go to his room and take a shower. He was tired, too tired that he wanted to sleep already but with the thoughts in his head made him wide awake, even after almost an hour of stumbling and rolling on his bed, eyes closed.

 

Few more moments later, he decided to jump out of bed and felt like visiting his ill visitor. He went to her room and saw that the latter was sleeping peacefully. Unable to keep his hands to himself, he set his cool palm on her forehead and can’t help but flinched at the sudden change of temperature, she’s still sick. Quickly retrieved a clean towel and ice cold water, hoping it would help her with the fever. When he was finished, he sat on a stool next to her bed. He was watching her sleep just like this morning as his thoughts went through today’s events. Starting from his ex, to the argument with Seohyun and to her, but was suddenly pulled back to reality when Jessica’s brows formed a little ‘v’, pressed into a thin line as is suppressing a pained groan, breath hitched.

 

He quickly stood up; sitting on the edge of the latter’s bed, not knowing what to do. He rubbed her shoulder, trying to comfort her and after few moments, she was back on her serene, peaceful façade. He sighed in relief and unconsciously, he was admiring the beauty once again. He can’t help but admit it, earlier, upon knowing how the latter had quickly agreed with Seohyun’s idea made him angry with her. But now, it was all washed away.

 

Suddenly, he had realization, it has already been 3 days since she started living with them and still they haven’t met each other. How odd was that? He somehow felt the need to see her with her eyes open, not when she was crying over a nightmare, the natural her. He was getting more and more curious.

‘What is the color of her eyes? Is it black? Brown? Green? Or blue? Might be red? Her voice, will her voice fit with her thin face? How is she like? Gah….’ Curiosity killed the cat. And he’s like that. Falling deeply on the mystery of this sleeping Jessica. He was getting more and more frustrated.

But soon, his eyes felt heavy that watching her and listing down the things he wanted to know about her was slowly fading. And as if a magnet attracted him, he settled himself next to her.

“Still, you should’ve said no,” he mumbled softly before releasing a yawn. And before he knew, he had joined the blondie on the dreamland.

 

*****

The next morning came, and the latter blinked her eyes, repeatedly, adjusting to the brightness outside. She felt her eyes heavy as she moved to sit on the bed. She looked around and tried to remember what to her yesterday. Pool of images went back to her; too much that she can’t help but wince in pain. Having this so called amnesia, she knew that even remembering recent memories are pretty hard and hurtful. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the board before calming herself down. Slowly it downed to her, she fainted yesterday.

‘Ugh, fainted again,’ she groans inwardly. She wanted to ask her body on when would she stop fainting. Even before in Jeju, she always ended up being sick, weak and fainting before the day ends. She’s angry at her body for being weak. ‘Please coordinate with me for some time. I have to live normally and stop being burden to others,’ she thought. Then she remembered Seohyun, she was afraid that the incident yesterday might have shaken the little girl. She was on her way to look for her not until an orange note taped at her bed side table caught her attention. Her brows frowned in curiosity and reached for it.

Jessica-sshi,

I would appreciate it if you won’t get out of your room until lunchtime and rest.

You’re sick again and we’re worried about you.

Please Please Please. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter