019

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their sumptuous lunch, the duo once again started looking for job while Yoong had to go back to his restaurant after another unannounced visit of his grandmother. Unfortunately for Jessica, it’s either ‘We’ll just call you’ or ‘we don’t need applicants today’ is what they received which clearly means that job hunting status remains at zero.

 

It continued going on for days with Jessica and Wheein hunting for job. Every day, from time to time, whenever Yoong is free, he would come and join them in looking for job. There are few jobs that wanted to hire here but before she could start of even went off the interview, Yuri had already done background checks and decided it does not fit her saying ‘It’s a draining job for you,’ or ‘You’ll get sick again if you work for them,’ and ‘They are not even paying on time, no.’ Until days have and gone by and Jessica’s deadline with Yuri is almost coming.

 

After visiting almost all of the places listed on the online job finder, Jessica and Wheein decided to relax and hang out with Hwasa on a coffee shop. Finding that Yoong is available at the moment, Jessica called him to join them. The four of them went to watch a movie they agreed on. Laughing as they walked out of the movie house, Yoong offered for them to hang out at his restaurant and at the same time to eat their dinner.

 

“We’re here,” announced Yoong.

 

Wheein stretched her limbs and lightly shook her unnie. She grumbled, “Yoong Oppa, we have a problem.”

 

Yoong worriedly turned to them from the front seat. “What is it?”

 

“Sleeping beauty is back,” remarked Hwasa. “Sica unnie really loves to sleep, yes?”

 

Wheein smiled at her best friend and nodded. “It’s what she loves best next to me.”

 

“You’re wrong!” rebutted Hwasa. “Sica unnie loves me more.”

 

The duo went on while Yoong shook his head at their childish banter. Somehow, after hanging out with them all day, he’s been used to the best friend’s love hate relationship.

 

“No matter how loud you two could get our Sleeping Beauty is still not moving,” amusedly said Yoong.

 

“Yeah,” agreed Wheein “She won’t budge no matter what we do in here.”

 

“I’ve come across her like that too. The great sleeping princess.” He snorted. “Let’s not wake her up. She must be so tired. Let’s go to my office?”

 

Wheein and Hwasa nodded and smiled, finding him so capable and sweet. The two were shooting hearts with their eyes as the tall lean handsome Yoong went out of the car and cradled her towards his office using the employee’s entrance door.

 

Yoong gasp for air as he laid down Jessica. But the moment the latter touched the soft mattress she quickly blinked and her eyes danced, looking around.

 

The young boy smirked, “The Sleeping Princess is finally awake!”

 

The brown haired girl groaned, “Where are we?”

 

“My office,” smiling, he ruffled her hair and said, “You guys take your rest for a while. I’ll ask my boys to prepare us dinner. I’ll be back.”

 

 Even before the three girls knew it, Yoong had left.

 

“Sica unnie,” called Hwasa

 

“Hmm?”

 

“That boy is such a gentleman, isn’t he?” purred the youngest.

 

Jessica smiled and sat up. “He is. He’s just like that to me when we first met. That’s why he’s my next favorite guy next to Yuri.”

 

“He would be so nice a boyfriend. Do you think he’s still single?” giggled Hwasa.

 

She looked teasingly at them. “Yah Hwasa, don’t tell me you like Yoong?”

 

The one of the two blushed and while the other one nodded strongly at the oldest.

 

“I like him unnie. But-“

“Hyejin-ah!”

 

“Wheeinie likes him more,” revealed the orange haired girl and giggled at her best friend. “He’s been her prayers since she met him. And I think I agreed with you on this besty.”

 

“I-it’s just… he’s handsome and cute,” said the tomato red Wheein. When she met the gaze of the expectant eyes of the two girls, the latter looked down and continued, “He’s really nice too and charming. The way he laughs and smiles brighten up my day.”

 

“Well, for me he’s very independent and not to mention he is one hell of a charismatic boss,” said Hwasa.

 

“Would you like me to ask?” she smirked.

 

“Yes!”

 

“No!”

 

The two answered. Jessica winked at Hwasa and gave her a thumbs up. Wheein who was vigorously shaking her head wanted to stop whatever Jessica plans to do. But before she knew it, the latter had already walked out of the office and went outside together with Hwasa. Wheein’s heart pounded like crazy at what her ‘suddenly kid-of-a-boss’ and ‘together-forever-best-friend’ will do or... might do. She ran after them and she saw Jessica stopped at the end of the hallway while Hwasa is out of sight must be looking for the poor boy. She stopped next to her and saw how the place is full of hungry diners. She turned to Jessica and was about to pull her back to the office, if not for the awe she can see on her face. She followed her line of sight and saw on the stage, sitting a black grand piano.

 

“Sica unnie…”

 

“Wheein it’s so beautiful,” she exclaimed in muffled astonishment.

 

“It is. But let’s go back now.”

 

“I want to play that.”

 

“Can you?”

 

“I don’t know,” she said but turned to her with a wide confident grin.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Yoong asked as he approached them with Hwasa tailing after him in her infamous Cheshire cat smile.

 

Wheein, motioned to Hwasa her infamous ‘You’re going to die’ move but felt her cheeks blushing when Yoong stopped in front of her. ‘Hope Sica forgot,’ she prayed, a bulb appeared on her head and quickly spoke, “S-she said she wants to play the piano!!” interrupted Wheein, pointing towards the stage.

 

“Aaah,” he nodded. “You want to?”

 

“Yes,” she whispered, eyes glued on the black sleek thing. Yoong snorted and looked at her eyes. It’s twinkling with a certain excitement.

 

Wheein sighed in relief and turned to Yoong, nodding at him while Hwasa shook her head and walked next to her besty.

 

“Okay. Let’s go Noona.”

 

Yoong took Jessica’s hand and brought her to the stage. Diners quickly noticed the two figures on the stage and can’t help but looked at them. Yoong sat Jessica in front of the piano and asked her to wait, before walking towards the center of the stage where a mic is located.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. Tonight together with our newly purchased piano, a girl offered to play a piano for us. She’s either good or bad at playing, but I hope you don’t mind if she accidentally messed up,” he smiled. “As a treat, IF EVER,” he emphasized, “my little panda here is bad at playing the piano, then all deserts are on the house.”

 

The whole crowd cheered. Yoong turned to Jessica, who seemed to be too pre-empted to even listen to them, he smirked.

 

“So Little Panda, my business is in your hands.” Yoong and the crowd laughed. He bowed at everyone and went back to Jessica’s side. “Noona, you can start now.”

 

He tapped her shoulder before leaving the stage. Everyone anticipated for what the girl-in-white will play, even Yoong. He was quite assertive with her, Jessica; she had this look of confidence with her. Maybe he’s wrong, and taking a risk like this will cost him a lot. But he’s a businessmen and taking risks is part of his job. He might lose few bucks tonight, but it doesn’t matter. ‘Surprise me!’ he thought.

 

He looked at her from the side and saw how beautiful her side profile was. She’s literally looking like a goddess with her white dress of hers. She turned to smile at him, to which he responded with a nod and then, she began the slow dance of her hands to the song ‘Slow Romance.’

 

His eyes widened as he listened to her. He’s too astonished to even utter a word. He suddenly felt like he was in a meadow, surrounded by green grass. The earthly woody smell lingers to his senses, there’s also the sound of the river flowing somewhere near him. He can feel the approaching of spring and flowers began to bloom and he did nothing but close his eyes, it’s a wonderful feeling.

 

As soon as the last note was played, she started another piece again but now, he felt like he’s sitting next to his window, the rain is falling hard and his hands cupping a warm cup of coffee. He inhaled deeply and looked at her. He asked a passing wait staff of his and darken the main lights and tried highlighting the piano area. Soon enough she’s glowing and suddenly he’s stunned. She’s like an angel, her wings on full display as she played every note of the piece with full of passion.

 

Then another change of tempo, and she’s suddenly playing ‘The Entertainer.’

 

He opened his eyes and saw how everyone was all smiles at the quick change of mood. He suddenly felt someone jabbed his side. He turned, frowning and saw his Hyung, Kyuhyun.

 

“Yoong, your girl! She’s so beautiful and talented!! You’re the man!” praised Kyuhyun, smirking at him.

 

Before he could go tell him she wasn’t, the crowd had already stood up and gave the brown haired girl a round of applause. The lights brighten up and he quickly walked up the stage and asked Jessica to stand at the center of the stage before giving her his applause of astonishment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter