002

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri groaned as he felt a bit stiff, nevertheless he felt good after having a good night sleep. It’s been a long time since he had slept this long. He looked at his wrist watch and said that it’s nearing 7 in the morning. His eyes widened in horror and quickly jolted up. But his sudden movement made the lump next to him to stir. He unconsciously turned his head to look at the latter.

‘She’s beautiful,’ he thought but he quickly shook his head. ‘Beautiful is an understatement. She’s a goddess.’ And the ray of lights from the outside didn’t help in arguing further instead, it emphasizes the beauty. But then a soft knock pulled him out of his reverie.

“Appa,” his daughter called.

As much as Yuri wanted to go back inside his visitor’s bubble, his knocking daughter is an important errand to do. As slowly as he could, Yuri went off the bed along with Jessica’s now loosened grip and tiptoed towards the door seeing his daughter Seohyun cutely yawning to herself as she rubbed her eyes.

“Good morning, baby,” he greeted and kissed her chubby cheeks after he lifted her up.

“’Morning Appa,” Seohyun greeted and kissed him back.

“How’s your sleep?”

“Fine, but Appa, I’m hungry,” she silently whined, pouting.

“Arasseo. Appa will cook us breakfast. What would you want?”

“Pancake!” the little girl cheered. “Syrup, lots of syrup!!”

“Okay okay! Let’s go?” he excitedly asked.

“Let’s go!!!”

 

And just like every weekends, the father and daughter, happily cooked their breakfast. It was sort of their bonding time where Yuri would be so playful with her. After ending up in a messy flour fight, Yuri asked his daughter to wash up while he fixed their breakfast. Soon the two started eating their breakfast.

“Appa,” Seohyun said, calling her Appa’s attention that was now in the middle of reading his newspaper. Yuri responded a short, ‘hmm?’ and lowered the newspaper a bit. “I will study hard from now on,” she stated.

Yuri can’t help but arch his eyebrow at his daughter’s statement. ‘Studying? No way,’ he thought. He knew his daughter, Seohyun, being a stubborn kid as she is, studying was never in her everyday ‘To-Do List,’ even though he had tried his hardest to persuade her into studying her lessons but instead, the six-year-old paid more attention to that green creature a.k.a. Keroro. So hearing this from daughter is such a miracle, ‘are pigs flying now?’

Seeing Seohyun’s waiting expression, convinced Yuri that the little girl was being serious, so he sighed, “What are you up to, huh?” he asked as he dismissed reading the newspaper and began sipping his coffee.

“Umma!”

Yuri quickly spitted out his coffee.

“Yuck!!! Appa!!” she exclaimed, making a protective gesture towards her plate. “My pancakes.”

The tanned guy coughed violently trying to clear whatever was stuck on his throat. “Yah, Seohyun-ah, what are you talking about?”

“I want her as my Umma!”

“Who?” he frowned.

“Jessica Umma.”

“WHAAAT!” he exclaimed.

“You’re sleeping with her last night. I want her, Appa, as my umma. Please?” she pleaded.

“But…”

“Please Appa, I promise to be a good daughter, and I’ll always follow you.”

“Seohyun-ah, she’s your Aunt Suzy and Sohee’s patient-“

 

“And I know she’s staying here for the mean time,” the middle-aged-girl-trapped-in-a-seven-year-old body retorted.

Yuri mentally cocked his head. ‘This girl is impossible.  Is she even seven?’ he sighed heavily and sternly said, “No.” and with that he half expected a morning bickering routine with his daughter. If the two of them didn’t argue about Seohyun studying, the two would bicker about anything and everything. And this is one of those days.

“I’ll ask Aunt Suzy and Sohee then. And I’ll make sure they’ll agree with me.”

“I’ll tell her not to talk to you,” he countered, eyes shooting lasers.

“Then I’ll ask Jessica Umma. If she agrees then she’ll be my Mom.”

“SEOHYUN!!”

“Ne, Appa,” she answered, nonchantly, munching her pancake.

“Can you please listen to me for once?”

But Seohyun just do a maerong at him which in return made Yuri’s jaw drop. Although Yuri knew that once she had decided, no one or nothing can change her mind. ‘But I can try, right?’ he thought. He inhaled and exhaled. ‘She’s just a kid, she’s just a kid. Don’t argue anymore. She’s your daughter, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! Argh!’ Yuri wanted so much to pull out his hair too much for being easily teased by the little meanie in front of him. In the middle of cooling his temper, his phone suddenly rang.

“Hello, Kwon Yuri speaking,” he said.

“Good morning, sir,” greeted his secretary, Ha Donghoon. “Sir, I just want to remind you about the meeting with Mr. Tsukimori  at 10 am.”

‘Sh*t,’ he cursed to himself. ‘Mr. Tsukimori and 10 am?’ he looked over his watch, its already five minutes after nine. How could he forgot about it?

“Sir?”

“Ah… thanks for reminding me.”

“It’s my job, sir.”

“’kay, bye.”

After ending his phone call, Yuri stood up.

“You need to go out today, right, Appa?” Seohyun asked, pouting.

“Ah. yes,” he hesitantly answered. It’s Sunday and it was supposed to be their Family Outing Day. But just like most of the times, it was cancelled again. The father and daughter haven’t go out for few weeks now and Yuri felt sorry be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter