Chapter 7

An Odd Smile

Chapter 7

                Daesung had been acting weird all week. Well, he had been acting weirder than usual. On Monday, he had come in with what looked like the remains of flowers. He was also covered in dirt. When you asked him what happened, he shook his head and threw them in the trash. On Tuesday, he had come in with a box of chocolates, but Seunghyun had taken them from him to put into one of his concoctions. He had pouted the entire day. On Wednesday, he offered to buy you dinner, but ended up losing his wallet so you had to make him dinner instead.

                It was Thursday and you were now really worried about him. “Daesung-ah, are you feeling okay?” you asked at the end of the shift. He had been quiet all day, he had barely even smiled! He always smiled. “Huh? Yeah I’m fine,” he said as you followed him into the changing room. “Really?” you asked, raising an eyebrow. “Yeah, really, why are you asking?”

                “Because you’re stripping in front of me and haven’t even noticed yet,” you said with a giggle. It was true; he had just pulled off his shirt, revealing his abs and the tops of his smiley-face boxers. His eyes widened and he immediately pulled on another shirt, his face beet red. “I mean, not that I mind the view, but something is wrong with you,” you said with a sigh.

                “I feel like you’re going to molest me,” he mumbled before turning to get his bag. “No, I would never do that,” you said before walking up to him and tugging on the sleeve of his short sleeve shirt, “But seriously, what’s wrong? You can talk to me.”

                “It’s just,” he sighed before running a hand through his hair, “I’m trying to listen to some advice Seungri gave me, but it’s not working out.” You laughed before patting his shoulder, “Never listen to anything my Seunghyun says. It will get you nowhere in life.”

                “But it sounded like it would work.”

                “It always does.”

                “Has this happened to you before?”

                “Yeah.”

                “When?”

                “At my old job,” you said with a sigh before moving to grab your bag. “Do you think I can give you a ride home?” he asked, following you out. “If you want to but I can’t make you dinner tonight,” you said, happy to spend more time with him now that he seemed to be functioning correctly. “That’s fine with me; I just want to make sure you get home safe.”

                “My neighborhood isn’t that bad.”

                “I didn’t mean it like that,” he said, worried that he might have offended you. “I know, I was just teasing,” you replied before getting in his car. He drove you home making odd, random jokes the entire time. “Thanks for taking me home,” you said as he pulled up in front of your apartment. “You’re welcome,” he said, giving you that sweet, odd smile before you got out.

                After you walked up the stairs, Daesung sighed, “Seungri’s plan was supposed to work. If only I hadn’t tripped over that dog after getting chased by bees…and if hyung hadn’t stolen the chocolates…and if I hadn’t lost my wallet. Why do I so bad at this?” He groaned before driving back to his own apartment, trying to figure out a better way to ask you on a date.

 

                The next day at work, Daesung was acting weird again. This was almost becoming normal to you. “Are you sure you’re not sick?” you asked after serving one of the customers. “I’m sure,” he said, biting his bottom lip. You swallowed and looked away; boys like him should not be allowed to look so perfect. It just wasn’t fair. If he was going to be so handsome, he should at least be a total to even things out. But no. He was freaking perfect.

                “It’s just…I’m trying to figure out how to ask this one girl out on a date,” he admitted with a sigh. “Oh?” you looked away feeling mildly disappointed. “Yeah, I tried asking Seungri before but it didn’t really work out,” he said with a sigh before another customer walked in. “Do you really like her?” you asked after handing the customer her change.

                “Yeah, she’s really cute and funny.”

                 “Why don’t you just ask her?”

                “I want to be more romantic,” he whined, making you chuckle slightly, “So, what should I do?” Right as you were about to answer, Seunghyun rushed into the front of the store with two bowls of ice cream and spoons. “You two,” he said, looking slightly menacing, “try this.” You took your bowl and hesitantly lifted the spoon to your lips.

                The taste was hard to describe, but you liked it. It was kind of like taking a bit out of a box of chocolates, all of the different kinds mixing together into one. “This is amazing,” you exclaimed before taking another bite. “You really like it?” Daesung asked, slightly amazed while Seunghyun stood their smirking. “Yes! What girl wouldn’t? I mean, seriously,” you mumbled before finishing the rest of the wonderful frozen mixture.

                “You should give your girl a pint of this and some flowers. That’ll definitely make her say yes to whatever you want to do,” you said with a nod before handing Seunghyun your bowl back. “I’m going to go get changed,” you walked towards the back while Daesung stood there, smiling brightly. “Hyung, can I have a pint of this?”

                “Sure and may I recommend pink roses.”

                “Thanks,” he said before heading towards the back to wait for you to get out so he could change. Tomorrow was going to be a big day!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry had to add it again :S