Chapter 27

An Odd Smile

Chapter 27

 

                Seungri sighed as he walked into the ice cream store. As soon as he stepped in, Daesung was almost interrogating him. He knew that Daesung was going to be anxious and more than a little heart broken, but he hadn’t expected the determination to find out where you were.

                “Hyung, calm down,” Seungri said as he tried to step around him. Daesung allowed him to walk towards the door to the back of the store, but followed.

                “Where is she?”

                “She doesn’t want me to tell you,” Seungri replied, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. He was hiding the fact that he didn’t want to tell him too. He saw the way you looked at him that morning, like you were going to kiss him. He hadn’t seen that look in years. If he kept you and Daesung broken up, the likelihood of you two getting back together was probably in the ninetieth percentile.

                “Then why did she break up with me?”

                “Not sure if she wants me to tell you that either,” Seungri said as he opened the door to the changing room. He tried to close the door before Daesung could follow him in there as well, but Daesung pushed his way inside the tiny space.

                “She doesn’t want to tell me anything; that’s the problem.”

                “Are you seriously just going to stand in here and watch me change?”

                “Please don’t joke around right now,” Daesung said, almost begging the younger. Seungri sighed and turned away from him before quickly changing out of his school uniform and into his work clothes.

                “What will you do?” Seungri asked after a while as he pulled his shirt down.

                “What?”

                “If I tell you, what will you do?”

                “Chase after her,” Daesung immediately replied.

                “You really love her, huh?” Seungri turned and saw his hyung nod. Seungri bit his bottom lip before putting on his apron and turning to go through the door.

                “It looks like we have similar problems then.” Daesung’s eyes widened before he roughly grabbed Seungri by the collar of his shirt.

                “Don’t you dar-”

                “Would you calm down?” Seungri immediately interrupted, “I’m not going to steal your girlfriend.” Daesung let go and Seungri fixed his shirt while glaring at the elder.

                “Sorry.”

                “God, you two need to quit overreacting so much!”

                “Sorry.”

                “Yeah I got that,” Seungri sighed, “Yes, I love her but I know that she loves you. I could be rebound, but we all know that that never lasts long. So, yes, I’m going to help you like I have been this entire time.”

                “Thanks…”

                “Whatever.”

                “So will you tell me?” Daesung looked at Seungri like a lost puppy. Seungri shrugged before heading back towards the front of the store.

                “It’s her mom.”

                “Her mom?” Daesung asked, following him.

                “A few months after Ahrin was born, she left. Vanished in the middle of the day. All she left was her wedding rings and a note saying she couldn’t take being so poor any more. About a year ago, _____ found out where she was living. She went there to confront her, but found her mom living well with a new family.”

                “Why is that-”

                “She thinks you’re going to leave. She’d rather leave you now then have you leave her later.”

                “Where is she?” Daesung suddenly asked.

                “I knew you were going to ask that,” Seungri said, “She’s at her mother’s house. I’ll give you the directions.” As soon as Daesung had what he needed, he was gone, still wearing the apron. Seungri watched him drive off and sighed.

                “I have got to stop being such a nice guy.”