Chapter 29

An Odd Smile

Chapter 29

 

                “So you two are back together?” Seungri asked as the two of you walked to school together. Yesterday, you had been too focused on Daesung to call him about what happened. That and you were too busy laughing at Junghwa trying to threaten your once again boyfriend. When he finally left, it was bed time for everyone, so there really hadn’t been any time to call. At least, that was your excuse.

                “Yeah, we’re back together.”

                “Are you going to try and worry less?”

                “Try,” you said with a sigh. It was going to be hard; you always second guessed yourself when it came to your future, but you were going to try. Daesung deserved that. You realized that now.

                “I’m here if you need me.”

                “When,” you corrected, “Not if. I’ll always need you.” He chuckled slightly and nodded, but you could sense something was wrong. You were going to ask him about it but he held up his hand to silence you.

                “I’m fine,” he said, “I’m happy for you.”

                “Should I leave the subject alone?” you asked, both of you stopping outside the school gate. He nodded but grabbed your wrist when you started walking again. He swallowed as if there was a lump in his throat before stepping towards you and placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

                “If you two ever do break up for real, promise to give me a chance?” he asked, staring into your eyes. You nodded and a smile spread across his face before he turned to head onto school grounds.

                “I don’t think we’ll be breaking up soon though,” you said, “So don’t wait for me.”

                “I won’t,” he said with a laugh before sticking his tongue out at you. You giggled and jogged to catch up with him before he changed the subject to much lighter matters.

 

                “Seungri asked that?” Daesung’s eyes widened after you told him what had happened that morning, “Wait, you agreed?”

                “Yes but as long as we don’t break up-”

                “You broke up with me the other day!” he exclaimed, obviously in a panic.

                “That doesn’t count. It has to be a legit break up,” you said, waving the comment off as you checked to make sure all of the different ice creams were stocked up.

                “What counts as legit,” Daesung asked, following you around the store.

                “More than a month broken up?”

                “Ah, you’re going to give me a headache,” he said, already rubbing his forehead.

                “But I’m worth it, right?” you asked, teasing slightly but also curious to know. He rubbed his chin, a fake beard, as he pretended to think about it. You snorted and rolled your eyes before turning away to find some other job to do. His arms wrapped around your waist as he pulled you back into a hug; he nuzzled your neck and placed a soft kiss there.

                “Of course you’re worth it,” he whispered, “But now I guess I have to keep a sharper eye on that panda…and your brother.”

                “Oh the men in my life,” you replied, smiling softly as you leaned back, pressing your back against his chest. You closed your eyes and relaxed, letting him support you as soft music played in the background. Normally, Seunghyun played rap in his store, but it was gentle music today. Odd.

                “I love you,” he said, breaking the silence. You could feel him stiffen as the silence dragged on. You realized that you had never actually admitted that you felt the same for him, but he already knew this.

                “I love you too,” you said quickly, not wanting to scare him anymore.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Shut up.”

                “But-”

                “Doraemon boxers.”

                “Would you stop it with that!” he whined, hugging you tighter as he hid his blushing face. You laughed and shook your head. NO, you were never letting go, not ever.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i think i'll do an epilouge and end it there....